Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: Tricks of the Trade [Self] [M][L]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:25 PM

He used his thumb to wipe away the tears that were falling down her cheek, and smiled down at her. "If it makes you feel better, I'm pretty sure I broke his wrist and gave him a concussion, and the Ringmaster had the strongmen drag him into his caravan - I dread to think what they'll do in my place."
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2586
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:27 PM

Yvaine still shook, but his assurances had calmed her; the Ringmaster looked out for all of them, but it wasn't unknown for him to take justice into his own hands if he felt it necessary, and over the years they had lost a lot of people who had turned out to be criminals or dangerous, once they were in the hands of the police.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:29 PM

Orion pulled back the covers and lifted her back into bed, climbing in beside her and pulling her in to his chest. He covered them over and held her close, feeling her trembling slowly subside as her sobs became less often. Eventually, she fell asleep, and he busied himself playing with a lock of her hair which hung just behind her ear.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:30 PM

As he lay there, he realised that he was still not wearing a shirt, and he dreaded to think about the state of his feet - he hadn't waited to put shoes on before charging out earlier, and though he was grateful as it meant the male had had no time to get away, he knew it meant that they would likely need to change the sheets.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:32 PM

Some time later, when the sun was high enough in the sky to cast proper sunbeams through the damaged shutters, Yvaine woke and yawned, before realising she was using his naked chest as a pillow.

Orion felt her stiffen, and hugged her to him, drawing his fingers through her hair, and murmuring to her; "Relax - we've been like this all morning."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:34 PM

He felt her shoulders relax, somewhat, but he could feel the heat of her face on his chest.

"You're half-naked" she whispered, embarrassed, though in truth she was very comfortable and having him so near was soothing. She wondered if this would be what it was like when one was in a relationship, and then alarmed at herself, desperately tried to think of something else.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:36 PM

"Orion, I'm sorry - thank you, but I really need to get up - I need the bathroom." She blushed and hid her face, but Orion just chuckled before he pulled the covers off of them and got out of bed for the second time that morning, as she jumped up and darted into the bathroom.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:37 PM

He pulled his pyjama shirt back on, and swapped his trousers for the pyjama trousers he had taken off that morning. There would be no point in doing anything stressful, and after that morning's events he wasn't going to suggest they leave the sanctity of the caravan - besides, both of them could use a lazy day once in a while.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:39 PM

By the time she came out, he had placed a plate of gammon and fried eggs down at the table for her, and was just serving himself one. She sat down and sprinkled her food with pepper, before tucking in heartily, the stress of the morning having left her feeling ravenous, and the smell of the food making her mouth water.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:43 PM

"I figured we could have a lazy day today, relax a bit, and go back to the hard work tomorrow" he said with a smile, enjoying watching her eat. It never failed to amuse him that someone so dainty could pack so much away, though now that he knew the dancers were rationed so harshly it made more sense.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 12:45 PM

"Would you like some more?" he asked, already abandoning his plate and turning the hob back on. Yvaine blushed, but her stomach growled loudly, answering for her before she could reply. Orion simply grinned and went about frying more eggs and gammon, and before she knew it she was tucking into a second plate with gusto, albeit a little more slowly than she had done the first.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 2:22 PM

After breakfast, Orion picked a book up off the shelf with a bookmark dangling from it, and grabbed his pillow, setting it upright against the wall of the caravan so that he could sit upright and stretch his legs out. He threw the blanket over his knees, so that his feet were warm, and opened the book at the marked page.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 2:23 PM

"Do you want to sit here with me?" he asked, motioning to the space beside him. There was more than enough room, but Yvaine declined with a smile.

"The seamstress gave me a costume she needs beading, so I thought I would make a start on that - I'm better off doing it at the table" she said, as she picked up a bag.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 2:25 PM

"Enjoy!" Orion returned to his book, and for a while there was only the sound of rusling pages and a needle moving through fabric, until Yvaine stood up and stretched, causing her back to crack and pop.

"What do you think?" she asked, holding out the garment she had been working on for him to see.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 2:27 PM

It was a pale blue, and Yvaine had embroidered it delicately so that the beads looked like shards of ice and crystal, and silver thread glittered in the light, giving an impression of frost, while the delicate tulle skirt enhanced the image of an ice queen's gown.

Orion gave a low whistle. "Who's it for?" he asked; he couldn't think of anyone who would need something so fancy for their act.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext