Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: Tricks of the Trade [Self] [M][L]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 2:29 PM

Yvaine winced, already knowing he would not like the answer.

"It's for the troupe leader - they're putting on a dance, and apparently it's going to be winter-themed this time. It seems they think it will draw a crowd better if they keep their routines 'seasonal' whatever that means" she replied, folding the dress away carefully.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2501
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 2:30 PM

"Hmph - the ice queen, it's as if the part was written for her. It's a shame to waste such a beautifull dress on someone so foul" he remarked carelessly, frowning down at the book. Suddenly, he had an idea. "Put the dress on, a moment, I want to see how it would look on you."
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 2:46 PM

Yvaine shrugged, but secretly she had wanted to try it on as well, so she made her way into the bathroom to change. As soon as the door was closed, Orion put his book down and opened the drawer beside his desk, pulling out an old polaroid camera; he checked inside it, and was relieved to see it still had some film.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 2:47 PM

"How does it look?" Yvaine asked, stepping out of the bathroom, being very careful not to snag herself on anything. For a moment, Orion was speechless; she had let her hair down and it cascaded down her back over the dress, which fit her as if it had been made for her - he had no doubt it wouldn't look half as good on the troupe leader.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 2:49 PM

"Hold still" he said, mouth dry, as he brought the camera up to his eye. Yvaine looked up just in time for it to capture her face as well as the dress, and she shrieked in astonishment; "No!" she cried, but it was already too late, the photo had printed and Orion was already shaking it to clear it.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 2:50 PM

"If the seamstress sees that, she'll never let me sew anything for her again!" she cried, darting forward, but Orion lifted the camera and photo up higher.

"Calm down, I just want to show you how you look" he said, passing her the photo only when he was sure she wouldn't destroy it.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 2:51 PM

"Is that really me?" she asked, touching the photo delicately with her fingertips; she could hardly believe it. The girl in the photo looked ready to take to any stage, and her heart ached with the thought that she would no longer be able to wear outfits like the one she currently had on.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 2:53 PM

Orion didn't say anything, but he laid a hand on her shoulder and watched with pleasure as she examined the photo of herself, though he did not miss the wistful look on her face. Already, ideas were forming in his head, chief among them that the seamstress was up to something, for though Yvaine did not realise it the dress was too small for the Troupe Leader.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 2:54 PM

The next day, Orion volunteered to take the dress to the Seamstress for her, and Yvaine agreed as she was still a little afraid of running into that awful male, despite having been reassured by the Ringmaster that they had taken care of him. She handed him the bag with the finished dress in it, and cautioned him to be careful, before closing and locking the door behind him.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 2:56 PM

Smiling, Orion made his way over to the Seamstress' workshop, and patiently waited until she answered his knock on the door. At her shriek, he wedged his foot in the door and held up the bag; "I brought the dress you had Yvaine embroider" he said, knowingly, and the Seamstress sighed before darting her eyes left and right to see if anyone was about.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 2:57 PM

Orion raised an eyebrow as she held a finger to her lips, but he entered the workshop silently nonetheless. All of the shutters save one were shut, and though there were lamps around there were still several dark corners that he was wary of, as he followed her through into the rearmost area where there was a kettle on a hob and two armchairs.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 2:59 PM

"This dress will not fit the Troupe Leader" he said carefully, as he handed over the bag. The Seamstress smiled a wicked smile at him, but there was no cruelty in it, and so he held his tongue as she pulled it out and examined it in the light of the lamps.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 3:02 PM

"She's done a wonderful job with it" murmured the Seamstress, looking over at him. "Did it fit when she tried it on?"

Orion raised both eyebrows at that, but he drew out the photograph that he had taken the day before and handed it over. Immediately, the Seamstress' eyes lit up, and she cackled gleefully.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 3:03 PM

"I knew it!" she cried, brandishing the photograph. "That old trout has no idea what she's talking about! Too tall, too broad, hah!"

Orion smothered a chuckle, but he felt a little relieved to know that someone other than himself was on Yvaine's side; he hoped what he was about to say would be as well-received.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 3:05 PM

"She misses it, terribly - she's doing okay but she's been a dancer so long, she doesn't really know what to do with herself." He paused, judging the expression on the Seamstress' face, before continuing. "I'd like to get her back in the ring, if possible, and ideally wearing that dress - let the crowd speak for themselves for once."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext