Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: We Really Need To Do This! -PRIVATE-

Postby Moofius » 05/26/2010 1:19 AM

“No point in a penalty. I mean we’ll already have to keep records of the next time that person could even take the test.” Kinomi frowned, sipping at his drink, “To have to also keep track of what questions then had means a lot more things, pointless things, being saved. Though if we have a set number of tests. Say... five with all different questions, or rearranged a few in thos one and that one, we could record which test number they took the first time, say two, and the second time they take the test they can take test number three or five? Does that sound alright?”

“I don’t think we should retest.” Spark yawned, looking a little bored, “Way to complex. These ARE volunteers. Testing them once should be enough. If we see a noticeable drop in quality, or not taking on members for a good long while and they return, we’ll retest them. But I think we should go on a case-by-case basis. We’re informal for the most part.”

(( O= Only dialogue, oh em gee. ))
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/26/2010 1:38 AM

"Alright," Desmond agreed with a chuckle. "You've got me convinced. No retests. I wouldn't have kept records of old tests, though. Just to make sure. I still feel like we should check with our guides when there are new rules changes, though, just to make sure they're on the up-and-up."

Ercole jabbed the sky. "And! For the quality stuff... We should poll our newbies when we're done and ask them how helpful their mentor was. That can help mentors get feedback, too!"

Desmond looked worried. "But what if they didn't like their mentor, or didn't find them helpful?"

"Well..." Ercole's face was screwed in thought. "It's still important to know that. I'd like to trust people not to misbehave, but... I mean, but even so. If we feel the newbie's being unreasonable, we can tell the mentor that, too. We should also take polls on the mentor's experiences--not to judge the newbies, of course, but to find out what they think of the process!"

[16, 41]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/26/2010 3:20 AM

Kinomi brightened, “When there are changes in the rules, we can send off a mentor wide newsletter!” The kuhna’s tails wagged excitedly and he seemed to be getting right into this now, which earned a soft chuckle from his friend.
“I actually like that,” Spark added, so as to make clear she wasn’t making for of the berry kuhna, “I also like the poll. Maybe, once we’ve paired a newbie and mentor up, they explore and the newbies are taught... And then once the newbie/mentor time period is up we... We send them a letter?”

She frowned, “I mean a letter with a return envelope and inside are questions. To gauge the quality of their mentor. Maybe not for every new adventurer they help... But maybe the first three? And then randomly after that? The questions would be quick and easy, and as effective as a retest, right?”

“Wait, I’m confused,” Kinomi raised one paw, then dropped it. This wasn’t a class room, after all.
“Poll the mentors and not the new adventurers? Or poll both?”

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/26/2010 4:25 AM

"Send the letter... to the newbies or the mentors?" Desmond's head felt light. "Now I'm confused."

"You're probably right," Ercole agreed, sucking on ice. "We don't need to poll the mentors every day, but just for the first few. Just to get a feel for things. But I think we should ask all the newbies if they'd like to complete a voluntary survey about their mentor and the service in general. That way, we can continually better our service!"

[17, 42]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/26/2010 4:36 AM

“Okay,” Spark started, tapping her empty glass on the table, “Okay so we ask the new adventurers, after they’ve finished their OFFCIAL time with their mentor, ‘Do you want to fill out this survey?’. This survey would sort of tell us if their mentor was helpful, right?”

Kinomi nodded slowly, “Riiight...”
“Okay so... What kind of poll/survey would we be giving to our mentors? I’m a little confused on what you mean by that... I’m a little lost. I also need another coffee,” She laughed, running one hand through her hair. This was a BIG project and Spark was feeling the pressure.

(( I’ll reply again tomorrow if you reply again tonight. I’m off to bed. xD; <3 ))

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/26/2010 3:22 PM

"Sort of like the things they ask college kids when they evaluate their professors," Ercole said. He stole another napkin and started scribbling down ideas.

1. Was your mentor frequently available, and did they answer your questions with punctuality?
2. If you asked them questions, do you feel you understood their answers? If you didn't understand, did they help you understand?
3. Do you feel as if you understand adventuring or adventuring ettiquette better as a result of this service?
4. Do you feel as if your mentor treated you with kindness and respect? ("Hopefully, we won't get any "nos" with regard to that one, and only a few "mostlys.")
5. Is there anything you particularly liked about what your mentor did for you?
6. Do you have any general suggestions for us?

Desmond asked, "Do you think we should leave those questions as-is, or ask more? I feel like we could possibly ask one more! And... should they be open-ended, or graded on a scale?"

[18, 43]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/27/2010 4:20 AM

“OH! Okay I thought you were saying a questionarie thing FOR the mentors! To answer? I thought that was a bit weird,” Kinomi laughed, “And I’ll go order another round of drinks, if anybody else needs anything?”
Kinomi was fine, drink wise but Spark was absently playing with her empty mug and it was even starting to get on his nerves.

“That sounds good. Those questions seem to cover pretty much everything. And I don’t think we need a scale. I’d like to think they can spare the time to write a quick blurb, huh?” Spark laughed, almost tipping her mug over. Whoops!

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/27/2010 5:55 PM

"Polling the mentors might be wise as well," Desmond said. "But just to ask what they think of the service, if they feel like they're doing a good job, and if they're enjoying themselves. I'm sure they'll have ideas about how to make our service better as well!"

Ercole swirled his ice around. "I'm good on drinks," he said. But then he laughed. "But while I think we're set for that, we still need to come up with some questions for would-be mentors!"

"But I think we've made surprising progress," Desmond said. "I do feel as if we're ready to look for a few starter mentors soon. ...As soon as we get the questions." He laughed too.

[19, 44]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/07/2010 3:28 AM

Kinomi flicked the mug away from Spark and towards himself, catching the handle in his teeth before jumping down and walking to the counter to order something for Spark; something with caffeine.

“We DO need questions, don’t we?” Spark laughed, drumming her finger nails on the table, “And alright, a mentor status questionnaire. We can deal with that later, since we won’t need to know mentors opinions on our program until we’ve got the ball rolling anyway. Though you’d think any ideas and changes would just be brought to us... Hmm,” She shrugged.

The berry kuhna returned without a mug or drink, which made Spark raise one brow.
“I can carry it there, but carrying a full mug back is beyond me.”
Spark chuckled, “Right, sorry,” tapping her temple she added, “we’ve moved onto questions to ask the mentors, to make sure they’re good mentors.”
“Oh right... We started that but got side tracked. Does anyone remember what we had?” Kinomi asked, turning Sparks computer towards himself. Wait where was the file?

(( Pretty sure I loooost iiiit. D8> ))

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/07/2010 3:29 PM

"Oh dear." Ercole scratched his head. He lifted his glass to look at the napkin underneath. In the "Sweat" from his cup, the ink spots were beginning to run. "Ah... Let's try this again."

"Let's figure out what categories we need," Desmond said. "We can discuss specifics in napkin-private, but let's figure out the sort of questions we need. Again, possibly. Adventuring rules, of course. That would have to be one of the basic ones."

[20, 45]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/07/2010 4:54 PM

"Of course. The rules of the road, so everyone can be safe and happy." Kinomi nodded as Mocha delivered another drink for Spark, who took the mug griddily (oh caffeine~!).
"Thank you." Kinomi called after the jamaican woman sitting back before sitting up straighter, "Oh! Things relating to basic common politeness!" Kinomi shot Spark a glare, the woman shrugging and laughing into her coffe.
"Hey, I'm not signing up to be a mentor, right?"
The berry kuhna rolled his eyes before turning back to the other two, "I know Moofius really hates it when people just come up to her and ask her for things, or ask to trade things she hadn't put in the paper to trade, or whatever." Kinomi waved a paw, "Our mentors should be well versed in how to treat other adventurers and breeders and collectors with respect. Some new adventurers can get over excited and ask older users for gifts or to trade something and that can get you started on the wrong foot. A mentor should have an idea of what's okay in that area, and what's not, you know?"

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/07/2010 7:35 PM

"You know, I don't believe I've ever had that problem," Desmond mused. "But politeness, certainly. If not the standards we ourselves believe in, than those society does, if nothing else."

"And more specific rules," Ercole said. "Pet knowledge about things like special abilities, and breeding habits. I've seen that big doorstopper manual they issue to new adventurers. Tons of minutae, but not a whole lot about specific activities like that! You ever notice that? It's a bit odd. No, they keep that info elsewhere. So newbies are bound to ask questions about it."

[21, 46]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous