Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: Sisterly Love + Hate (Self-RP)

Postby AnimeTheia » 11/16/2009 7:49 PM

The pair of Rexxels walked past stall after stall after stall, each one full to the brim with exotic items. There were purse stalls, jewellery stalls, clothes stalls, cloth stalls, ornament stalls, even weapon stalls and many more, all in all too many to possibly list. They meandered slowly past all of the fantastical goods, making mental notes when they saw things that they would like to take a closer look at later, they were most likely going to have to find a tidy inn to spend the night in if they wished to have time to see the entire market.

Finally they reached the centre, it was at a crossroads, with the market running down two opposing streets, in the centre of the crossroads was a large statue; Shimmer gave it only a cursury glance, noted that it was a holy statue of some sort and quickly looked away again.

They had already wasted several hours of the day, what with the journey to Aldrect and the 'incident' that neither sister was about to mention again, spotting a series of food stalls stationed around the base of the statue Shimmer's stomach growled faintly with hunger."Oh look Snow! They have rare delicacies to eat! We just have to try some!", Snow agreed and Shimmer led the way over to a very fancy looking stall, a few small tables were set up in front of it so that the vendor's customers could enjoy their food in comfort.
ImageImage

Come down from the mountain, you have been gone too long

The world is alive now, in and outside our home

You run through the forest, settle before the sun

Darling, I can barely remember you beside me

You should come back home, back on your own now

Song: Fleet Foxes - Ragged Wood
AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 684
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 11/16/2009 7:59 PM

There were so many beautiful items that Snow wished she could buy, not that she couldn't afford it; her family was rather rich, but she would feel greedy and selfish if she bought everything.

She was similarly starting to feel hungry as they entered the market centre, and was more than willing to join Shimmer in some delicacies. Seating herself on a plush cushion at the only available table, she waited for the vendor to collect their order. She looked around as she waited, the market was very busy here, and the hot sun beat down mecilessly upon the market-goers, she was thankful that the food vendor had set up an awning of thick rich cream cloth, enabling his customers to sit in the shade and cool off. But a part of her was also dissapointed that the awning blocked her view of the statue, she hadn't had a chance to properly look at it before Shimmer led her away, but from what she had seen it had looked like it was made of white marble, a most lovely stone, she promised herself a good look at it after lunch was finished.
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 12/19/2009 8:03 PM

Once both Rexxels were seated the stall vendor came and collected their order, Shimmer went ahead and ordered as Snow seemed preoccupied, besides the two always ate the same things anyway.

They didn't have to wait long for their food to arrive, it was delivered promptly to their table along with a bottle of fine wine. Between the two sisters lay a banquet of unusual foods, mostly containing fish and other marine meats such as oysters and mussels. The stall owner put out two small bowls and opened the wine bottle, pouring the fragrant liquid into the bowls for the sisters, he made sure everything was to their liking before leaving to take care of new customers.

Shimmer carefully lifted her bowl-cup between her front paws, bringing it before her face she sniffed with obvious pleasure at the wines bouquet, before slowly sipping at it. It was delicately flavoured but surprising strong, she could tell that she would most likely be pleasantly tipsy by the time she had finished with her meal.
Returning her bowl-cup to the table Shimmer began spearing the bite sized morsels laid out before her on a specially made dining tool, and transfering them to her mouth where she chewed each morsel contentedly.
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 12/19/2009 8:18 PM

Snow had not noticed the Vendor arriving and Shimmer giving him their order, so she was slightly surprised when he came over and laid 12 plates and bowls of food before them both. With a pleased smile she noted that many of their favourite foods were among them along with a few selections that she did not recognise but certainly looked forward to tasting. Snow waited until the vendor left before speaking "This food looks absolutely delicious and this wine is simply wonderful! We will have to remember the name and get some sent home."

Seeing Shimmer tucking into her half of the food, Snow quickly followed suit, picking up her dining tool she began spearing some bites of her favourite dishes before moving on to the more weird and wonderful looking new dishes.
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 12/19/2009 8:25 PM

The sisters enjoyed having their quiet meal together, they ate, drank, looked around at the wares, stalls and market-goes nearby and had polite dining conversation. Once they had finished their meal they ordered another bottle of wine and drank together.

Getting up Shimmer realised they may have drank a little too much, she was feeling somewhat beyond tipsy but at the same time was nowhere near being drunk. She didn't mind of course, it wouldn't prevent them from shopping or from continuing to have fun. Making her way over to the stall owner's counter she paid their bill then returned to the table to collect Snow. Snow seemed to be a little bit tipsier than her which caused a big grin to split Shimmers usually composed face.
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 12/19/2009 8:36 PM

Snow stood with a little wobble, the floor seemed to be rocking beneath her a bit, but obviously it was just the drink, seeing the grin on Shimmer's face she was about to ask what she was grinning like an idiot for, but suddenly got an urge to simply stick her tongue out at her instead, so she did! She giggled before getting herself under control again. Snow then lead the way back to the shopping stalls, a jewellery stall pricked her interest most of all, what with the alcohol affecting her senses the sparkling multi-coloured jewels were just begging to be viewed and most likely bought.
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 01/29/2010 12:22 PM

Shimmer walked slowly after Snow, taking care to place each foot firmly down before lifting the next one up, like Snow the ground seemed to be rocking slightly beneath her and she didn't want to fall and make a fool of herself. She reached the stall and was momentarily dazzled by the shining jewels that ranged from tiny diamonds so small you could hardly see them and giant rubies the size of one of her paws. The bright sunlight sparkled off each and every gem, Shimmer's pupils grew large capturing as much of the glorious scene that lay before her as they possibly could. She still had plenty of money left after the meal and decided that she would just have to buy something from here, or maybe a couple of somethings, she only needed to save some money in the hope that she would be able to find the face veil that she had dreamed of for years.

Finally after staring at the wares for some time and picking up a few of the more pleasing pieces to test their weight and purity Shimmer picked up a pair of Silver drop earrings with tear drop shaped blood red garnets hanging off the end of each. They were perfectly delicate looking and would glint brightly in even the dullest light. Along with these she selected a fine silver chain from which a tiny blue Sapphire hung. Paying the vendor a pricy sum for the two items Shimmer turned to Snow to see if anything had tickled her fancy.
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 01/29/2010 12:44 PM

Snow had been watching Shimmer sort through the multitiude of items at the stall, and had not seen anything for herself yet. However just as Shimmer had paid for her items Snow spotted what looked like a necklace poking out from under a piece of cloth on which the earrings were being displayed. Gently teasing the item out from underneath the cloth Shimmer drew in her breath as the beheld an intricate network of fine white gold chains which linked together like a net and was adorned with tiny diamonds, she puzzled over what it was momentarily until the Vendor having finished with Shimmer told her that it was a browband designed to sit on your head with the net like triangle of gold and diamonds resting on your forehead. Shimmer quickly pulled the white material she had wrapped loosely over her head off and he helped her to try the browband on before holding up a mirror for her to see how it looked.

Snow gasped with delight, the browband almost blended in to the white parts of her fur and glittered delicately as she moved - hanging from the point of the net at the base of her nose the biggest of the diamonds which was tear dropped shaped sat, beside her Shimmer gave her a nod of approval before turning to the Vendor and haggling a slightly more reasonable price for the item; which she then promptly paid for on her sisters behalf.
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 01/29/2010 12:51 PM

Having paid for their items Shimmer turned to grin broadly at her beloved sister, she looked even more like a princess from a far away land now, as Snow swept her material back over her head hiding her Purine markings the delicate jewellery just showing underneath and sparkling even in the shade the material made. Shimmer then borrowed the Vendor's mirror and adorned herself with her new purchases the fine Silver and Sapphire necklace looked so simple yet elegant around her throat and the Garnet earrings which hung lightly from the tips of her ears shimmered brilliantly making her all the more captivating looking. Now she just needed her veil and she would look perfect!

"You look amazing!" Snow informed Shimmer as Shimmer gazed adoringly at herself in the mirror, "As do you!" Shimmer retorted to her, "Like an oriental fairytale princess!".
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 01/29/2010 1:05 PM

"Come" Snow said to Shimmer once she had finished making sure her jewellery was positioned correctly, "Lets go find some more material stalls, I know you are eager to find some luxurious cloth to go with your new jewellery" she smiled at Shimmer. The two sisters walked slowly next to each other, both smiling brightly and glancing and grinning at each other every now and then, obviously still feeling the effects of the strong wine they had had with their meal the pair wound their way unsteadily through the still thronging crowds.
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items