Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

A Lesson In The Gods (Continuation - Private)

Postby Moofius » 11/23/2009 10:45 PM

Original Thread (Proof and Reference)
( I am reposting Kodai's old post, my old post and then adding to my last post. <3 )

KODAI

Oh, oh, a priest. Kai shrunk back a little, beginning to have memories of Basantha Shrine's monks and, more influentially, the situations that had occurred there come to his mind. Even though monks and priests were technically different, he still felt nervous around either one. That is, until this particular priest mistook Olive for a pet. Filled with a strange anger (or at least a strong need to correct this man), Kai stepped forward, clearing his throat soundlessly out of force of habit, and then confronted the priest.

Excusing this one, sir, but Olive Miss here is NOT being a pet! Just because she is coming in here with us, here he gestured at the group consisting of himself, Oden, Olive, and Twilight, as a Gyrraptor is not meaning she is being a pet! If there is being a rule against natural-form here, then we is obeying that, but you is not assuming things based on appearances, please!

His piece done, Kai backed down, looking at Olive. Hopefully she hadn't been hurt by this man's words.

MOOFIUS

Taking a step back, hands raised up defensively the man started apologizing up and down.
"Ah, my apologies sir, ma'am, I did not mean any offense. I made an assumption, an unfair one at that. Zu'hai does not judge by ones race or species and neither should I; for that I apologize for judging you as such."
The man bowed his head humbly to the two, seemingly asking for forgiveness.

Olive chirped softly, touching the tip of her nose to the mans forehead. He flinched.
"It is... Alright, I understand. Please do not be so quick to judge," she backed off, the priest righting himself, looking rather flustered. Olive took no notice, her attention on Kai. The priest, still flusttered, managed to spew out a few more apologies.
"Should you need any help please do not hesitate to ask. Or, if you prefer, I could bring another to help..." He'd already messed up today. This was much harder then he'd originally thought.

She was a little offended at the mans assumption (and a holy man at that!) but she would not lower herself to anger or accusations.
"I do not mind if you help us, or another, it is up to you. If you are still comfortable enough with us," she looked up at Kai, "It is also up to you. If you would prefer someone else I'm sure he would understand."
She wanted everyone else to be comfortable. Olive was not one who would usually influence events, just record them... for the most part.
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Re: A Lesson In The Gods (Continuation - Private)

Postby Kodai » 11/23/2009 11:05 PM

Kai's frustration with the priest seemed to dissipate almost instantly after the man began apologizing profusely. Looking rather flustered himself, the human-form dragon rubbed his arm sheepishly.

This one is being repentant as well... It is not being the right thing, for this one to be snapping at you so. Still, you must be understanding this one's frustrations. But you is being repentant, and so this one is forgiving you.

He looked from the priest to Olive and back again, still rubbing his arm. A nervous habit, perhaps? After considering for a bit, he spoke again.

...This one is not minding if you is wishing to be helping us, or if you is wishing to be calling in someone else. Whatever you is being most comfortable with. We is just seeking a quiet place to pray...

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
House - Breeder's Listing - Trades - Art - Wishlist
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 674
Donate

Postby Moofius » 11/24/2009 2:53 AM

The priest smiled, though there was still a very apologetic air about him.
"It's the least I can do, to help in whatever way I can." He smiled at Olive, and then Kai, "You are quite wise, wiser then myself, certainly." this comment dirrected more towards Kai, "I suppose this is your first visit here? Have either of you practiced in one oh Zu'hai's temples?"

Olive chirped softly as they were lead further into the temple, "I practice at one much smaller then this. Kai has never been, I believe?" she looked to Kai. She was pretty sure he'd never done this before.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 11/24/2009 9:54 PM

This one is never being in this particular temple, no, Kai shook his head, following the priest but remaining by Olive's side. And... er... He grew nervous again, looking down at the priest's heels as they walked. This one is... not being allowed into the shrine at the village... They is not wanting it to be tainted by this one's presence... The dragon looked sheepishly up at the back of the priest's head, hoping that he wasn't going to get thrown out of this major place of worship for admitting that. Then again, Aldrect was not his home village, and these people did not have the same beliefs and prejudices that his fellow villagers had had. This one is not knowing much of the Triumvirate, in result...

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 11/25/2009 12:26 AM

The priest turned his head, looking at Kai, Olive doing the same, "Really?" he asked, stepping over one of the huamn made stream in the middle of the temple. Water ran everywhere in the main hall. There was a sense of purpose to the streams that ran and criss crossed. Perhaps it created a symbol of some kind?
"That seems peculiar. You seem very... remorseful, er, prenedant, even. It seems strange that one of the temples would not let you in," He seemed to be thinking hard on the subject, "Do you mind asking me what temple and what village this is in?"

Olive was curious as well, walking next to Kai and watching this scene play out. She clicked a softly, "Where are we going?" she noticed that Kai didn't seem comfortable about the subject and, as curious as she was, she didn't want to make him uncomfortable either.
"Oh!" The priest (who was rather young, actually) jumped, "Sorr! We have special rooms for prayers. Since it's not a special holiday we're not all that busy and I thought that letting you have a room to yourselves would be... nice. ... I still feel bad about earlier..."

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 11/25/2009 10:03 PM

Ah... Well... Kai grew even more shy and nervous. Is being the rule of the village... This one is not being allowed at its sacred places. Is being cursed, they is saying... Ah, the name of the village? ... It is being destroyed over twenty years ago, so you is probably not hearing of it anyway... No, no, push those thoughts away... He was here to seek peace, not bring the burden of the past down on his shoulders again. Luckily Olive changed the topic of conversation, and Kai managed to smile softly at the priest. Oh, a private room? Is thanking you. This one is feeling more comfortable praying with Olive only, surely.

Kai followed the young priest as he opened one of many side doors, leading into a small, cozy, but not constricting, room. There were small, decorative waterfalls splashing down the walls and over an arrangement of rocks, eventually feeding into a larger stream which was likely discreetly connected to the main water source. Beautiful stained glass windows allowed light to enter from on high, giving the room a luminous quality.

How beautiful...

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 11/27/2009 2:56 AM

The priest thought about mentionning "No hanky panky," but refrained. These two seemed a little more mature then that and he had already accused the gyrraptor of being a pet. So he just opened the door and let them in. It had no lock, anyway as Zu'hai flowed freely. Locks weren't used in such an open environment. Doors were still used though.

The room was open and freeing and... well the running water often got bladders working. Olive was alright (for now) but the thought brought a short burst of chirping from her. Really though the place was beautiful and made her want to laugh. It was light and uplifting; she loved it.
"Thank you for giving us this opportunity," Olive said, looking to the holy man who was already backing out.
"No problem. If you need anything I will be in the main place of worship." With that he closed the door leaving Kai and Olive alone.

"..." Olive moved, looking around the room, "This is.... Very nice. This temple is... It is something else..." She turned to look at Kai, "Most places of worship they're not like your village. Everyone is welcome here. I am sorry that you weren't allowed to pray in a sacred place."

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 11/29/2009 11:47 PM

Kai continued staring around at all the decor in the room, nearly oblivious to Olive and the retreating priest. He was only brought back when Olive mentioned that it was a pity he hadn't been able to pray at his village's shrine. Turning around, he blinked at her while regaining his mind, and then walked back to her, having stepped forward a few paces when he was looking around.

Ah... It is being all right. This one is surely doing something wrong, like... like mixing the names of the gods during prayer or something of that nature. The dragon smiled sheepishly. By the time this one is being old enough to be entering the shrine, it's mother is having left, anyway... It is not knowing much of the gods at that point, and so, this one is never learning much of them. Is being difficult to learn such things when you is being unable to be going to the place with the most information...

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 11/30/2009 1:48 AM

Olive frowned, his answer not making it any less sad.
"You shouldn't be not allowed because of such a small mistake... Wait, old enough? Your village's old shrine sounds very... strange. I do not know any of the old practices or of other ways of worshiping the Gods but... Aren't most young people allowed in the sacred places?" She chirped a little, feeling confused.
"... Would you tell me more about your village? Maybe not now." she looked around, "We're here to pray but... Maybe another time?"

Olive crouched down, facing the artificial waterfalls, "There's no set way to pray to the Gods. This is the house of Zu'hai so praying to the particular God in his or her particular temple is the way it goes. I like to sit and close my eyes. I find it easier to keep everything else out so it is just myself and Zu'hai... If that makes any sense?"

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 12/07/2009 10:26 PM

Ah, well... They is believing that one must being of a certain age before being able to be understanding the importance of the gods. Also, the shrine is not being nearly as large as this building, so not as many people is being able to be using it at once. Kai blinked when Olive asked if perhaps he would share his village's story with her another time. Hm... Doing so would likely bring up painful memories, but... he had not shared such things with anyone... Perhaps it would be beneficial for him to do so. Yes... perhaps after prayers, this one is doing that.

Kai sat next to Olive, legs tucked under his body and hands folded in his lap. He nodded at Olive's words, then turned his head forward and closed his eyes, actually sending his sight back to Iiylis so that he was in true darkness. Taking a few deep breaths, he tried to clear his mind and concentrate...

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 12/08/2009 3:17 AM

Asking for guidance was pointless if one could not find a state of peace within oneself. So Olive remained crouched and silent for quite some time. In and out... In and out... listening to the water, liquid of life, flowing; creating.
Olive wasn't asleep but relaxed as she asked for guidance and help for Kai. Considering what he needed to do, had to do, he needed all the help he could get. She wasn't sure what she could do for him, but asking Zu'hai for assitance was a start, right?

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 12/14/2009 4:52 PM

It did not take Kai long to fall into a trance-like state, his breathing steady and his eyes now half-closed, though they still could not see. He had even managed to suppress his usual state of mind, and was now trying to form his thoughts into words.

Zu'hai Lord.... This one is needing help... At Basantha Shrine, this one is dying and seeing Iiylumiel Fallen... He is saying that Xai're Lord is having a plan that must be stopped... A plan involving this one... And so this one is seeking to be doing this... But this one is having no idea how to be going about this... It is realizing that it is never really speaking to you, but please... This one is needing help... If you is finding this one worthy of your blessing, please be sending this one a sign...

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 12/17/2009 12:34 AM

They two were there for quite some time (so much so that the priest from earlier caught himself wondering if he should have warned them about no 'hanky-panky' but quickly scolded himself. It was just... strange to see civilians in those booths for a time nearing what many of the older, more patient priests, would spend praying.) but eventually left the room and the serene temple to a much more active city street. Olive didn't speak until they were outside.

"How was it for you?" Olive chirped; she looked much brighter and happier now that she'd "spoken" to Zu'hai. She wasn't sure how Kai was though. She hoped he didn't expect a... a reply or something of the sort from Zu'hai; at least a reply in a way we all recognise easily.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 12/19/2009 9:19 PM

Kai was quiet when they left the church, but he seemed... different from his usual self. More... serene, perhaps? It was a good change, though, for he seemed genuinely at peace. He turned to Olive when she asked him her question, and smiled. It is... It is being a very good experience... This one is never feeling so... at peace with itself. How nice for him! Going to the church to pray seemed to have done Kai a world of good. Ah, so... How it is going for you? And... what we should be doing next? The dragon had never been to this city before, and so just about everything here was a new experience for him.

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 12/20/2009 2:05 AM

A mental sigh of relief to see him content; she had worried for nothing and whistled quietly to herself as the two decended the expansive stairway to this place of worship. Gardens on either side of them the place felt cut off from what was a busy city, muting the sound.
"I'm so glad... You felt... tense, you're much less tense now, Kai." Olive nodded her head, more of a bird-like bob of her head, actually, "I am sure Zu'hai heard your prayers and will move to help you. I will be praying for you too," she said with a smile, "As well as doing whatever else within my power to help you."

They'd reached the end of the staircase and here Olive stopped, the people on the sidewalk walking by without noticing (athough a few bowed their head in respect of Zu'hai) and the mossdog clacked her beak and teeth, "It went well for me. My mind is clear and I feel freer in mind and body. Although I am also feeling hungry. Would you like to get something to eat?"

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next