Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: [* After the Basics [P]

Postby Kodai » 03/17/2010 2:31 PM

"...Professor Conloach..." Kaamil returned the handshake, and thought over what the professor had asked him. "...It has certainly been an eventful visit...Or rather, the exploration was...but the entire tour has been a learning experience..." His voice held no indication of the trouble he and Drawser had gone through. "...I would certainly be interested in joining; however...I would need more information on payment and boarding and the like......But yes, an Academy such as this.....It would be a joy to learn the information this place has to offer..." He thought back to what Conloach said he taught. History and... Foreign Defenses, yes? "...So, there are half-human species here that you fight against...?" he asked, looking even more interested (if that was possible). "...What are they like...?"

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
House - Breeder's Listing - Trades - Art - Wishlist
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 674
Donate

[Dr|26] [Co|4] [Ba|1]

Postby Jaykobell » 04/05/2010 11:00 PM

Conloach retired his hand under his cloak once they had shook hands. While he seemed like a talker and a calm man, he didn't seem to like exposing himself too much. "Oh, so you have already gone on an exploration." He blinked, and his curious green eyes rested on Drawser; emerald eyes meeting emerald eyes. "Drawser was your guide, then, I presume." A very talented little one, Drawser was. Conloach personally knew just what this youngster could do, despite her shy nature. "Drawser is talented enough to be involved in some intensive training. Well, perhaps that would be his mentor's pickiness..." While Conloach had watched Drawser's growth with interest, he had no idea just how much of an impact this intensive and relentless training would have on Drawser's abilities. In another topic, whether Conloach knew about Drawser's actual gender seemed to be unknown.

As Conloach listened to Kaamil speak, he tilted his head. "I see. It's always nice to welcome new students here, especially outsiders; people who aren't from the same family or with such connection." That's how it went, usually. One person would join the Academy, and then the siblings, the children, the cousins, the aunts, the uncles, the parents; everyone in the close family would join. It wasn't quite so 'new', at least not to Conloach. Families often shared similar views and tastes, but outsiders were completely different. "Oh, this can be all discussed with the Director. It's not very hard to get accepted here, but it's easy to get kicked out." So many had come and gone, but with reason. This young one, however, inspired interest in Conloach. Kaamil seemed like one interested to learn and discover new things; something most students weren't so interested in nowadays.

Afterwards, the subject turned around to what Conloach had talked about just earlier: what he taught, and what it was about. "The term half-human is used lightly," he started with, his eyes suddenly sparking with what seemed to be great passion and curiosity. "They are simply humans that have had their genetic code modified to great extremes. As such, they have come to look like what most people consider 'monsters'. At the moment, only three human sub-breeds are known. Some of them study h—"

His sentence was abruptly interrupted when something hit Kaamil behind the head. It felt heavy, but also soft and warm. The object fell to the floor, and if one bothered to look down at it, one would see that the object in question was actually... what appeared to be a human arm. The hand and the lower arm part, up to the elbow, was present, with blood oozing out of the wound and a small bone fragment jutting out from within the flesh, blood, and muscles. Drawser squealed when the arm impacted Kaamil's head, and she also clung to Kaamil's arm, seemingly unconsciously, and out of impulse. Conloach blinked and interrupted his sentence, and then sighed with exasperation.

As this strange event went on, a voice suddenly rang behind them, quickly coming forward. "... Excuse me...!"

A rather strange young man was dashing towards them, and the first striking detail someone would notice was that he was missing an arm, starting from the elbow. Beyond that, he didn't look human, despite the general human-shape. His skin was patched with stitches and even patches, his head was covered by a bandana, but only a little hair sticking from it, his skin was a strange color that was reminiscent of rotting and decomposition, and even his eyes were strange, the sockets hollow, and the usual white part of the eyeball being black, and one of them even missing, leaving the individual blind from one side. Clearly, this had to be one of the human sub-breeds Conloach had started talking about. This particular one was extremely reminiscent of zombies.

He approached the little group of three, and he reluctantly picked up the arm from the floor. He seemed extremely uncomfortable, and with reason; even if the students here were used to dismembering certain people, not everyone liked it, as displayed by Drawser's reaction. "Er... This is... mine," he explained, his voice quiet and hesitant, not exactly what you'd expect from a zombie. "Sorry, some other students just threw it away in a general direction..."

Conloach shook his head, tilting his head at the youngster. "I have to admit this is strangely convenient..." Actually seeing the material helped to explain it, yes?
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Kodai » 04/06/2010 1:32 PM

Kaamil began listening intently as Conloach began speaking about the half-humans, and probably would have continued to listen all day if something hadn't suddenly whacked him in the back of the head. Totally not expecting something like that to happen, he fell forward a few steps before catching his balance and rubbing at the injured spot, giving a soft groan. ... There seemed to be some lightly sticky substance in his hair now... Looking down, Kaamil now saw the severed arm. ...How pleasant. He blinked at it, barely noticing that Drawser was clinging to his arm, and was only broken from his reverie when the zombie-ish young man came up to retrieve the arm and explained what had happened.
"...Oh, then...it's not your fault..." Kaamil replied, still rubbing at the back of his head. "...How unfortunate that others can be so childish, though..." Getting a good look at the newcomer, he blinked and added, ".....You will be alright, yes...? ...I mean...You can...er...fix that...?" The curiosity was coming back to him, and he wondered how this zombie-boy would reattach his arm. Suddenly he realized that Drawser was clinging to him, and turned his attention to her. "...Are you alright, Drawser...? ...I apologize; I was quite surprised as well..."

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

[Dr|27] [Co|5] [Ba|2]

Postby Jaykobell » 04/06/2010 7:46 PM

Upon looking back up from picking his severed arm, the zombie-looking human blinked his single eye at Kaamil, staring for a brief moment. "... Oh..." was all he said before blinking again, and then giving a sheepish and apologetic look. "Ah, er... You have some... blood. In your hair," he explained simply, pointing with his good arm, and thus raising the severed arm about as he did so. "Just a little bit, ah... It doesn't usually hit anyone..." From the sound of things, this kind of 'severing' of limbs happened more often than it really should. He didn't say anything about others being childish, but he certainly agreed. "Ah, it's more... free bullying, I'd rather say." He looked over his shoulder as he said that, perhaps making sure the bullies weren't chasing after him.

Before Kaamil got to ask if the newcomer boy was all right, Conloach walked forward, into the direction the zombie-boy had come from. "I take it they need some more punishing..." He turned to Kaamil and Drawser, feeling slightly bad for the latter, clinging to Kaamil's arm as she was. "I will hopefully see you two again soon. Hopefully as students, both of you." He turned to the severed student afterwards, and put a pale hand — which strangely stood out a lot, because of the contrast in skin color — on his shoulder. "I'm quite sure they'll leave you alone at some point, Bach. Meanwhile, I think you can interact with these two..." He motioned to Kaamil and Drawser, raising his books towards them; you can't really point when your hand is busy holding a bunch of books. "Fare well," he bid as he walked down the hall, seemingly off to catch those childish bullies.

Now back to the conversation, Bach blinked and looked back at Kaamil. This was very strange, really; people usually didn't ask questions to him. "Oh.... Yes. This is really nothing dangerous." He paused there, and then gave a sheepish look. "Well, for us, that is..." And then he paused again, looking down at his arm. "... Oh, uh... Yes, let me... fix this..." It would be difficult to introduce yourself with a severed arm, right? He also figured this would put Drawser more at ease. He proceeded with the 'reparation' right away; he brought his severed arm to his elbow, and the body did the rest of the work all by itself. The skin and flesh stretched slightly so both ends could stick back together, as the bone fragments just stuck into each other like puzzle pieces. Bach winced slightly as the arm connected back, but the process seemed fairly painless nonetheless. The arm look good as new now, save for the bleeding, which was still going on. "There..." He then looked back at Kaamil, curiosity, and even confusion, in his eye. "Who... are you? Where are you from? It's not every day people just ask me questions like this... With genuine interest, I suppose..."

As for Drawser, the poor girl had remained attached to Kaamil the whole time, even while Conloach had left and Bach had reattached his arm. When Kaamil finally looked at her, she looked up at him, stared, and then suddenly stepped back, gripping her coat. "S-Sorry. I-I've already seen this happen, it's just... I can't get used to it," she admitted, shuffling a little and also fidgeting. She was apparently still shaken from what had happened during the exploration, and now Kaamil got a severed arm thrown at him. He looked okay and not traumatized, but... she still felt really bad. She wasn't doing such a good job at guiding him and giving him a good tour of this Academy, was she...
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 04/06/2010 9:04 PM

Grimacing slightly as the zombie-boy affirmed that yes, he did indeed now have blood in his hair, Kaamil watched as Conloach went off to punish the students that were responsible for tossing this boy's arm around as if it were simply a piece of clothing. "...Really, it's unfortunate that it happens, whatever you'd like to call it..." he responded to the boy (apparently named Bach)'s comment about 'free bullying'. Then Bach proceeded to reattach his arm, and Kaamil watched, indeed curious as to the process. To Kaamil, it looked as if the skin just pulled itself and connected back together. "...Hm....I suppose that's how it works when Kami does it..." he murmured, more to himself than anyone else. Bach suddenly asked him who he was and where he was from, and so he gave a small bow in introduction. "...My name is Kaamil....I'm here for the Open House, and so I'm trying to learn all that I can about this place..." he explained. "...I take it that you're a student here...?" He then turned back to Drawser. Poor girl... Today just wasn't her day. She must be feeling miserable... "...It's all right... ...I'm sure that it must be shocking to see a severed arm when you're not expecting it, or if you dislike the sight of blood..." Speaking of... "....Er...Is there, perchance....a shower I could use....?"

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

[Dr|28] [Ba|3]

Postby Jaykobell » 04/06/2010 10:07 PM

Seeing Kaamil grimace, Bach felt bad for the unfortunate visitor. Well, that was splendid, wasn't it? You got hit with a bloody severed arm during your Open House tour. Then again, this did represent, slightly, the general lifestyle of the Academy. Typical immature students, bullies who severed the zombie sub-breeds, and many more things. The younger classes and levels were very 'school-like', but the older and higher levels were much more mature and interesting. Cliques were extremely common in low levels.

Besides all that. "Ah... Yes, I'd say so." How strange, for this complete stranger to actually care. If he were only faking the concern, Bach could assume that Kaamil was extremely good at hiding his true feelings and intentions. After his arm got reattached, Bach heard Kaamil murmuring something, but he didn't bother to ask what, exactly. Either it was none of Bach's business, or Kaamil would just get upset or something along those lines. He'd learned fairly quickly that most people didn't like repeating things for him. He had a doubt Kaamil wouldn't react like that, though, when the visitor bowed slightly to introduce himself. Bach watched this with curiosity, not used to this much respect; at least, not from most people. "Ah, I see.... So are you planning on joining? ..." He wanted to add that this place would probably be more enjoyable if more people showed the same amount of respect as Kaamil, but Bach kept the comment to himself. "Ah, yes, I study here... My name is... Bach. Like... the music composer. My... parents are big fans of him." A good example that passion could drive parents to strange things, hmm. But unlike Kaamil, Bach didn't bother to do anything remotely 'polite', like offering a hand. Most people didn't even get to introducing themselves to him and vice versa, so he had quickly dropped formalities with people he didn't know.

Drawser fidgeted some more, still clutching her coat uncomfortably. She gripped either that or the strap of her bag when she was nervous, or when she didn't know what to say. She didn't reply to Kaamil's answer, but she wanted to say that... she was supposed to be used to this kind of stuff; and even if she weren't, she should be able to keep her cool. Maybe today just really wasn't her day, at all.

Bach seemed to notice Drawser's awkwardness, and he wanted to add that the students here saw many things that were actually worse than severed limbs, but he kept the comment to himself, again. "... Ah! Well, technically, yes... but the only showers available are in the dorms." Who else would use the showers by the students and those who lived here, right? So there were no public showers or bathrooms; they were all attached to the dorms, linked to every room. There were a few public bathrooms here and there, close to the classrooms, but that was it. Not to mention, you never know what kind of (bad) surprise you could find in one of those public bathrooms. "Ah, if you don't... mind the grossness of our 'sub-breed', you're welcome to my shower... ..." He took a look at Drawser and grinned a little, mischievously, but he didn't say anything. Bach didn't know if Kaamil knew about Drawser's gender issue, but he figured it'd still be really awkward to leave Drawser in a room with a naked man washing in her shower.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 04/08/2010 10:36 PM

No, Kaamil wasn't faking his concern at all. To him, it was a cruel thing to single out the weaknesses of others in order to torment them. "...I may join; I just need more information on payment and the like..." he replied, then added in a quieter, more thoughtful tone, "...I wonder if my brother would wish to come here as well..." At Bach's explanation of his name, Kaamil tilted his head to one side and asked, "...Do you mind that at all...? ...Being named after someone your parents admire...?" In the back of his mind, he noticed Drawser's fidgeting, and decided that once they were alone again, he would talk to her. But while Bach was here, and not knowing if the two were friendly with each other or not, he decided to simply give her a small, encouraging smile.
"...If you are willing to let me use your shower, then I will be glad to use it..." Kaamil wasn't planning on taking a full shower, just washing and rinsing out his hair. He would have asked for a sink, even, but that would have been awkward to use, what with the length of his hair. "...Ah, this will be good, then.....I'll be able to see the dormitory.....We could even stop by yours when I'm done, Drawser...?"

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

[Dr|29] [Ba|4] [As|1]

Postby Jaykobell » 04/12/2010 4:26 PM

That was settled then: off to the dormitories. Drawser fidgeted from Bach's grin, and from his silent treatment. She didn't even want to try and figure out what he was thinking. When Kaamil mentioned visiting her room, too, she gave Bach a face when she noticed how much wider his grin was growing; but the looks were friendly and didn't give out any animosity. Obviously, these two seemed to know each other well enough. "Th-they're all the same, really," she replied to Kaamil, ignoring Bach for a moment. "But uh, I don't mind, if you really want to see it..." The rooms were all the same, but the only difference was that they were customizable, including the furniture.

"Let's get going," Bach added once Drawser was done speaking, heading off in the direction Drawser and Kaamil had come from. Walking by the classrooms and then reaching the crossroads. Bach turned to the right, which lead them through that window-filled corridor, until the door that lead to the lobby staircases. As they walked through the classes and the corridor, Bach addressed Kaamil's previous questions. "If you want to talk anything finance, the Director is available. We usually have a Treasurer, but they've been gone a while... Gone on a mission to get to The Bane, and they've not come back yet. Eh..." Bach shrugged a bit at the thought. "But it's really open, financially. You have many options to pay for your admission. People think it costs a fortune because you have to live here and because of all the exclusive items you get, but it's really not that bad." Exclusive probably referred to those special pens Drawser had used on their exploration just earlier. Had anyone ever seen pens like that in their regular little corner store? Most likely not. "Even if you're poor, the Director has options open. I wouldn't worry."

And now through the door to the staircase and the lobby. Bach paused here, looking up. The stairs continued upward, and went downward towards the lobby. He turned to Kaamil then, and pointed his thumb to the stairs that lead up. "Until you reach a high rank, I wouldn't dare you to go up there. At least, not beyond the third door. You'll soon understand why from all the rumors." He didn't say more on the subject, but really, there was no need to. Students could go there, but only high-ranked students could access the higher floors. Bach had warned Kaamil, so if the latter was still too curious... at least he'd been warned.

Downstairs they went, back into the lobby. It was a little later in the day now, so a bit more students were there. You could see the younger ones itching to guide someone; and up ahead, through the opened doors of the entrance, stood the Director, and the strange fox creature. They seemed to be waiting for newcomers still. "Judging from the bunch of students, I guess it's almost over for today. You can see they're more excited about it ending than about guiding anyone."

And now, to the dormitories. Going up the stairs on the other side of the lobby, these stairs only lead to one floor. Instead of continuing upward, they split into two paths: left lead to the boys' dormitory, while the right lead to the girls'. Two pairs of posters indicated this, one simply showing the typical symbols for male and female, and the other writing, in fancy text, 'Boys' and 'Girls'. Below the text and the symbols was another pair, this time showing a fancy female cat for girls, and a bulky male dog for boys. Bach stopped at this crossroad, giving an amused grin at the posters at the bottom. "These are special," he started to explain, pointing at them with a hand, with the other in his pocket. "We always have a small contest where students are invited to come up with a design for the dorms. Basically, you have to make a poster that represents either the boys or the girls, or both. You get to display them, and then the other students vote for the designs they like the best. This one's been there for a little while now. Guess people like them." Wasn't that strange, how they even bothered to fancy the signs to the dorms?

Once the introduction to the dorms was done, Bach lead them to the left: the boys' dormitory. Drawser, obviously, didn't seem to mind. If she wanted to keep the act going about her gender, she had to live in the boys' dormitory, right? The path lead them to a corridor, and then a turn to the right, to another corridor. One side was adorned with windows — which seemed to be very liked at this place — while the other wall was simply empty. At the end of the corridor, you could already see an opening, with a few people going in and out of rooms. Upon reaching the end of that corridor, the entrance opened into a huge building of its own. The general architecture looked very modern, which lead one to believe that the dorms were added to the original Academy building. The 'lobby' outside the rooms was square, with the middle hallow. Wooden bars ran all around the hallow square, to keep the students from falling down. If one looked down that hole, one you could see the dorms had multiple floors. At the back of every floor was a staircase, which allowed you to go from one floor to the other easily. The lobby itself was pretty empty, and not very personalized; but most doors were painted or decorated. And of course, there were windows; at the very top of the building, filtering the sun all the way to the bottom floor.

"This is where we live most of the time," Bach explained, pointing to the bunch of rooms. "Most people have busy schedules, so they stay here. You can also stay here for the holidays, if you have nowhere to go, or no family to celebrate with. Ah, my room is the very bottom... This way," he guided, walking all the way to the far corner of the first floor. Once at the stairs, the three had to go down to the very last floor. They were many, many floors; but the descent was relatively quick, so one didn't quite need an elevator. Not to mention, going up and down the stairs was good for your heart, as light an exercise as it was.

Once they reached the bottom floor, Bach lead them to his room right away. "Also, about the name thing... I don't mind, really. It's just easy for people to mess with me because of it. Not to mention, most people don't know how to pronounce it," he finally answered to Kaamil's other question, which Back had forgotten about until right then. And finally, after this long walk, they reached the room they were looking for. "Oh, uh... You don't seem to have anything with me, but let me warn you... My roommate is also a human sub-breed. Just so you know." But then here they were. Upon a closer look, you could see every room was not labeled with any letters or numbers; rather, there was a small part that jutted out of the wall, and into which you could slid pieces of paper or other such things. In this case, the slides bore the names, 'Bach' and, 'Askr'.

Upon entering the room, one could see it was pretty basic. Two beds, two desks, and one bigger desk. There was also a closet in-wall and an armoire, so roommates could choose whether they wanted their clothes in a cabinet, or in a 'traditional' closet. Within the room was another door, which probably lead to the bathroom. Upon going in, Bach warned his roommate about the two newcomers right away. "Askr. Drawser fished an Open House visitor. He, er, got my arm right in his hair, so he needs the shower. And I need bandages."

When he heard the door opening, Bach's roommate, who was just sitting on his bed reading, looked up from his book. He was, obviously, another one of those human sub-breeds; more specifically, a mummy. While he was dressed, the majority of his body, including half of his face, was wrapped in bandages. He blinked when Bach explained the situation, and he got up afterwards to greet Drawser and Kaamil, giving them a smile and a wave. For Kaamil, he indicated the door within their room, but he didn't say anything.

"This is Askr," Bach introduced to Kaamil. "He's a mummy. He can't talk, but he's a good guy." And then he also motioned for the door. "This door leads to the bathroom, so go ahead. Sorry, again."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 04/12/2010 9:57 PM

The Director... Kaamil did want to talk to that man again, and not just for financial reasons. He was drawn to that man in the same way that a historian was drawn to old manuscripts, and likely for the same reasons. Kaamil said nothing, though, and simply nodded at Bach. Then they were all back by the main stairs and the lobby, and Bach mentioned not to go upstairs. Naturally that raised Kaamil's curiosity, but he knew that surely there was a reason that only the higher-level students were allowed there, and so decided not to bother going there. Besides, there were other ways to gain information on what was on those higher floors. When they reached the posters for the doors, Kaamil looked them over curiously and, hearing the story behind the two animal-based ones, remarked, "...I see....I'm sure my brother would be interested in such a thing..."
Then they reached the dorms, and it took a little while for Kaamil to satisfy his need to look up and down and around at the place. Such interesting architecture! It was like an apartment complex, except all the doors faced inwards to each other. Bach took them down the stairs, and to Kaamil it felt like they were traveling down into the belly of the earth. Finally they reached the room, and Kaamil had just enough time to nod his head to Bach before the latter went away into the room and announced his guests to his roommate, apparently named Askr. Once he had got inside the room and saw Askr, Kaamil returned the mummy-boy's wave and found his voice again. "....Hello, there...Askr, is it...? ....I apologize if we've interrupted you for my sake.....and I do hope you don't mind me using your shower....I don't expect it will take long...." He turned to Drawser then, and repeated, "...It shouldn't be more than a few minutes....I just wish to clean my hair...." So saying, he undid his ponytail, shaking his head (rather gracefully), letting the pinkish-lavender hair fall about his shoulders, and retreating into the bathroom.

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

[Dr|30] [Ba|5] [As|2]

Postby Jaykobell » 04/16/2010 1:08 PM

Askr nodded when Kaamil repeated his name, and then he shook his head when Kaamil asked if he'd been disturbed. He made a gesture like a 'dimiss', to indicate something along the lines of, 'don't worry about it' or, 'no problem'. Unlike Bach, Askr looked more open and a bit more social towards humans; or perhaps he was simply open to Kaamil because he knew Bach wouldn't bring a jerk to their room to begin with. If Bach had brought the kid along, it was probably because he was okay. He gave another wave when Kaamil mentioned the shower and it taking only a little while, to assure Kaamil that it didn't bother anyone at all.

"He's basically saying it's all good and dandy," Bach translated for Kaamil, to make sure the message had through like it should have. Many people, usually out of mockery, misinterpreted Askr's gestures. Since Bach lived with Askr, he'd picked up the various meanings that most gestures could mean, and he could comfortably translate them for those who didn't know Askr so personally, or at all. "Take your time, it's fine," he added as well, to emphasize.

Drawser, during the little trip to the dorms, had kept quiet. Bach seemed to have taken up the role of the guide, admittedly to Drawser's relief. Maybe she was too stressed right now to really focus on what she had to do. Oh dear, what would Albert say if he learned of this failure... "T-Take your time," she replied to Kaamil, nodding. "I'm usually over here, so I don't mind waiting." She watched as Kaamil then undid his ponytail (check out that wavering hair, oh my; even hers wasn't that long) and slipped away into the bathroom.

By then, both Askr and Bach had sat on the bed, and Askr was back to reading his book. "Don't mind waiting?" Bach repeated, giving Drawser a look; a mischievous one. "What about us? What if we had planned to do secret men things?"

Drawser put her bag on the floor, right next to the bed, before giving Bach a face. "You don't have any secret men things," she retorted before sitting down on the bed, with it now carrying Drawser, Bach, and Askr. "You just procrastinate on your homework. Isn't that what Askr's reading?" She could vaguely recognized the book, but from this angle, one couldn't be sure.

Bach made a sound, some sort of amused snicker. "Please," he replied as he waved a hand at her dismissively. "I don't procrastinate. I'm a good student. I don't flirt with Open House visitors." His slightly amused face didn't change, and it was hard to keep his grin from getting any larger.

Drawser gasped in a very girly fashion before pushing him a little torwards Askr. "Th-That's not something you can tell a girl! Wh-why would I flirt with someone I don't know?"

And then Bach's grin got larger. "That's the point of flirting, usually, Drawser," Bach explained to her, not minding her push. "You haven't heard about this girl that met this guy from the Open House years ago? They were in love at first sight... And they lived happily ever after. With children~"

At the mention of something even remotely intimate, Drawser flailed slightly while trying to hit Bach, in a friendly but irritated manner. "Th-That's not n-nice!" How very... male-like.

While the two were busy arguing and bickering like children, Askr was busy trying to read this book; trying being the keyword here. While he was a good-hearted guy, Askr hated being bothered while he was working, be it on reading a book for a class or writing an essay, or what have you. He glanced at the two a few times, but they never seemed to shut up. At one point, one of the loose bandages hanging from his wrist extanded seeminly on its own, and wrapped the two children together. When the two gave him bewildered stares, he just replied with an irritated one of his own.

Bach tilted his head. "Well, I needed bandages, but not that much..." They often disagreed on that, the two roommates. Bach didn't mind the commotion, but Askr was absolutely obsessive-compulsive about it.

At being tied against Bach, Drawser fidgeted a little (as much as she could) and felt embarrassed. "Sorry," she replied apologetically, figuring that she should just wait for Kaamil in silence, from now on.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 04/20/2010 10:06 PM

Once Kaamil had closed the door behind him, he was deaf to what the others were saying (which was probably a good thing). Looking around the small bathroom, he noticed that it was kept tidy, with no clutter around the sink. He figured that their toothbrushes and toothpaste were kept in the mirror cabinet (along with the other various items that people usually kept in those furniture pieces). Moving closer to the bathtub/shower itself, he saw that their soap and shampoos were kept nearby. Kaamil noted (somewhat sadly) that they didn't seem to have any conditioner, but since he was just going to rinse out his hair, he supposed it didn't matter so much. Taking the bottle of shampoo, Kaamil turned on the faucet for the shower, poured some shampoo into his hand, and flipped his hair so that it was in front of his face. Sticking his head under the stream of water, he proceeded to rub the shampoo into his hair, cleaning out the bit of blood that had been spattered on it when he got hit with Bach's arm. Once he felt satisfied, Kaamil rinsed out his hair, turned off the faucet, squeezed the excess water from his hair, and... oh dear. Was he allowed to use their towels? Some people didn't like it when their personal bath towels were used by others... Suddenly, he had an idea, and looked in the under-sink cabinet. Yes! A hair dryer! It took a few minutes for him to satisfactorily get his hair dry, but it was done eventually, and he stepped out of the bathroom.

"...Thank you for allowing me use of your bathroom..."

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

[Dr|31] [Ba|6] [As|3]

Postby Jaykobell » 04/25/2010 10:36 PM

When Kaamil out of the bathroom, the room was pretty much how he'd left it. The only striking difference was that Drawser and Bach were still wrapped into a cocoon-like manner, while Askr was peacefully reading his book. You could see, then, that their beds were in the fashion of a bunk-bed, the kind of bed structure parents used for twins, with one bed on top of the other.

When Askr heard the door to the bathroom, he looked up from his book at Kaamil before releasing Drawser from his bandage, while keeping Bach tightly wrapped inside. The zombie-boy wiggled a little from inside, giving Askr an indignant look. "Hey, you let me go, too," he complained, but that didn't make Askr change his mind. Bach grumbled a little before quietly admitting, "... I have homework to cram too, you know..." He then sighed before looking up at Kaamil. "It's fine. Sorry you got my arm straight into your hair." He then paused before blinking his single eye. "You know, if you do end up joining, we should keep in touch. Er, if you want. You'll see for yourself, soon enough... that people take a certain pleasure in mocking and bullying us. Askr is still impulsive enough to get out of our room, but I don't really bother anymore..." Even though he couldn't talk, Askr was still a fair opponent, and most didn't dare to approach him now. As for Bach... well, he didn't really have any specific arsenal... "But I digress. You go see Drawser's room, and maybe we can hang out again."

Drawser picked her bag when Askr let go of her, and she couldn't hide a grin when she heard Bach complain about homework that he did need to wing a little. Ready to go, she waved to Bach and Askr as she left the room, waiting for Kaamil to follow her out. With Bach back to his room now, she would have to take the guide role again... Hopefully she wouldn't fail.

Out they were, back in that basement-looking floor of the dorms. "I heard they added this section a few decades ago, when the Academy got more popular," Drawser rambled, trying to explain certain little things about the place; Kaamil looked interested in all of this, so maybe she could do that much. "They had to add this underground floor, and they built a few on top, too. That's why the dorms are some of the tallest buildings of the Academy." Drawser spoke about that as they headed for the stairs, giving the two of them some conversation material, so it wouldn't just be awkward silence. "I hear they didn't want to put elevators here, despite the many floors," she started on when they got to the stairs, climbing up to another floor now. "The Director argues that it keeps your stamina and heart going, so it's good for anyone to climb those stairs every day."

They slowly reached the higher floors, and they climbed the stairs up to the highest floor. If one wasn't used to climbing that many stairs in one go, it would be enough to make them pant, and enough to drive others out of breath entirely. Drawser, however, seemed to have no problem climbing these stairs whatsoever. Finally they reached the highest floor, a few floors above the one they'd originally came from earlier. This floor was the closest to the window ceiling, and the sun was strongest here. "My room is at the very far back," Drawser said as she pointed towards the end of the little hall. "There aren't a lot of people on this floor, so I could pick whichever room I wanted. You can usually pick whichever floor and room you want, but it depends on whether the floor is free, and if there's a room style you want..." She wasn't so stressed anymore, and you could see it clearly. Perhaps this place felt secure enough for her to regain her composure. She looked young, but you could see that she had what it takes to be among the talented ones. Or perhaps, one could say it was all because of her passion. "There aren't really that many styles, but usually it's all about what you want in your room. And usually, they match you with someone. You still have to confirm your want for the room, though, so it's actually never settled until you've tried out living with your roommate." She rubbed the back of her neck then. "As for me... I was the only one without a roommate, and I still don't have anyone. The Director does his best not to match anyone with me." Because of the gender issue, obviously. "Ah! Here we are," she observed as they reached her room, literally the one against the cul-de-sac. The door tag, unlike Bach's and Askr's, simply read Drawser's name.

After Drawser opened the room, you could see this one was a little different from the one they'd seen down below. This one had two beds instead of only one, but at the cost of having only one armoire and no in-wall closet. There was a large desk at the very back of the room, filled with little things on it, including toys, plushies... Simply put, somewhat childish and girly things. There was a cork board above the desk, filled with pictures. Some of them of little Drawser, where you could tell she was a girl; others of a slightly younger Drawser in her huge Academy uniform, with the Director next to her; perhaps this was when she first got admitted here? The rest of the pictures were usually of Drawser and another Academy member, that one a few years older than Drawser. He wore the same uniform, black hair, with a few tints of gray, sticking from under his cap, with a ponytail hanging on the right side of his head. His gray eyes weren't very emotional, but he seemed content in the pictures, paired with an overly enthusiastic Drawser literally bouncing besides him. Whoever he was, they seemed somewhat close; at least, for Drawser to have pictures of him.

She put her bag down on her bed — which was quite a mess, compared to the other untouched bed — before turning to Kaamil. The colors of the room were very calm and simple ones, going from white walls to light green bed sheets. White and green; simple. "Ah, there you go... Is that what you wanted to see?"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 05/11/2010 6:48 PM

"...It's all right, Bach.....It wasn't your idea to have your arm end up hitting the back of my head.....But I would certainly like to keep in touch with you and Askr, if I do join the Academy..." Kaamil gave the two a short bow. "...Perhaps we'll see each other again..." With that, he followed Drawser out and listened as she explained about the dorm building.
"...I see.....That is a good way to build stamina..." replied Kaamil as the pair climbed up the stairs. The length of the flight didn't seem to bother him at all, and he was only lightly winded when they reached the top. "...Hm...I wonder if requests can be made for roommates...? ...I would prefer it, if my brother and I do join the Academy, if we could room together... ...Though perhaps it would be better for us socially if we roomed with different people..."
He became quiet when they reached Drawser's room and entered. Immediately Kaamil became curious (though he tried not to show it too much, out of politeness) and let his gaze wander about the room. Seeing the pictures of Drawser with the other boy, he wondered who the boy was and if he would perhaps have the chance to meet him. Hearing Drawser ask him a question, he blinked and turned to her. "...Ah, yes.....Thank you, Drawser.....It's quite cozy..." Kaamil looked about again with a small smile on his face and then said, "...I suppose I must speak with the Director now...? ...About my brother..."

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

[Dr|44] (+Tournament Posts)

Postby Jaykobell » 05/11/2010 10:20 PM

Drawser didn't mind that Kaamil was taking a look around her room. After all, that was probably why he wanted to see it, right? To actually... well, see it. It's not like her room had much of anything, really; beyond the desk filled with a few books and papers, and the typical girly things, and the picture-filled cork board, her room was rather plain. The walls had nothing on them, and white wasn't the most exciting color. The only thing that seemed remotely interesting was her messy bed. Not only were the bedsheets all over one another, but the pillow was crooked, and a bunch of plushies were on the bed. "Hahah, it's a bit of a mess... I guess..." she said mostly to herself, not sure if she'd spoken loud enough for Kaamil to hear or not.

After she'd asked him her question, she started looking into her bag, leaving Kaamil to take a quick look around. She had heard his question from earlier, about him and his... brother? joining, and maybe rooming together. But there was no telling if they'd get to room together; the Director, along with the students, usually decided that. "Ah...?" She blinked and stopped rummaging in her bag so she could look over her shoulder at him. "Talk to the Director?" She turned back to her bag again, rummaging some more. "I guess if we can... find... him..." Her response got slower slower as she went on, until eventually she stopped entirely. "I-I forgot... A-ah...!" Quickly Drawser closed her bag and slipped it over her head. "D-do you mind following me elsewhere? I... I had to bring something... to someone... I-It's really important." And, well, she couldn't leave the guest by himself. If they did anything to the place, be it on a major scale or not, she'd be responsible for the damage. "U-uh... It's... urgent. Really... really urgent."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 05/13/2010 2:23 AM

Kaamil was almost about to sit on the edge of the bed when he noticed that Drawser was digging through her satchel with some sort of urgency, and when she replied to him, he thought she sounded nervous. Questioningly he tilted his head and replied, "...Of course I don't mind..." Naturally his curious mind burned with the question of what this really important item was, and who it was going to, and why it was so urgent, but Kaamil figured that it was none of his business and remained silent -- at least, for those questions. "...What part of the school do we need to travel to, then...?"

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext