Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: [* Seasonal Tournament: Winter

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 12/20/2009 12:13 AM

D a i s h o u
Element: None
Toughness: 16
Exploration: 9
Endurance: 15
Intelligence: 27
Battle Traits: Subduing Strike ;; Battlefield Inspiration ;; Clarion Commander

Daishou raised an eyebrow at the announcer's voice. He heard his name called. This was it. Standing up from the bench he had seated himself on to wait for his turn, the Kuchi Nagi dusted off his shoulder plates with the back of his hand, keeping his cool. As long as he stayed focused, Daishou felt he would be okay. The Kuchi Nagi would accept defeat as it came or win with honor. Either way, it would happen as it did. All that was left to do know was go in there and fight. With a deep breath, Daishou walked into the arena. Keeping his eyes on his opponent, Daishou was already studying him, careful not to underestimate his opponent. Daishou had learned that the hard way... He was ready to fight.

Look into my eyes you'll see
A graveyard filled with dirt and defeat

The weight on my soul

Where the fallen angels sleep
The crooked hearts and the crossroads meet

Where the haters say my name
And carve it in stone

I'm gonna make a comeback
I'm gonna dig six feet up tonight

I'm gonna get it all back
I'm gonna make a comeback this time
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/20/2009 12:32 AM

Pyris's Hexle:
Element: Dark
Toughness: 10
Exploration: 12 (+20% Hear the Unseen)
Endurance: 9
Intelligence: 19 (Attacks first, Hear the Unseen)

Rebel_the_Proud's Daishou:
Element: None
Toughness: 16
Exploration: 7 (-75% Elusive Target)
Intelligence: 27

Hexle attacks first.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Pyris » 12/20/2009 12:41 AM

It took him a moment before Hexle realized that he'd been called upon to go first.  He wasn't entirely sure what he wanted to do.  No expert in the ways of fighting, he did what came natural.  He gazed over at the Kuchi Nagi, just looking.  It'd been a while since he'd last seen one.  The warriors with their honor and their pride.  It made him scoff to himself.  The armor covered most of the body, leaving his tail and his head the main parts exposed.  Which left Hexle two choices: attacking head-on or attempting a sneak-attack.  Knowing the lizard was fast, he opted for sneaky.  

Heading straight towards the other creature, he moved as though going for the feet, or maybe the hand.  He wasn't entirely sure what he was aiming for, but his plan was certainly to maneuver himself onto the warrior's back, aiming for the neck from that side.  Hopefully, it would all pan out as planned.... Hopefully.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 280
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 12/20/2009 2:07 PM

Well, it seemed they were going to get right to it then. The Draculi came right for him, but so far as Daishou could tell there was no aim... yet, anyway. Daishou would have to be careful with this one. Now he had to think of what to do. There wasn't much time, so Daishou settled for a quick counterattack, but a simple one. Clenching his fists, the Kuchi Nagi would use the only weapon he had: brute force, aiming a punch for preferably the head of his opponent.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/20/2009 2:19 PM

Pyris's Hexle:

Rolled a 6 - HIT

Hexle does 5 (1 + 4) damage!

Rolled a 8 - MISS

Hexle has 9 Endurance.
Daishou has 10 Endurance.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 12/20/2009 11:34 PM

With a narrow dodge, Hexle failed to reach his destination, no thanks to heavy-hitting swing he'd had to dodge, instead.  He'd nipped something, but he wasn't sure what.  Maybe the adrenaline was pumping through his veins just a little too quickly.  He needed to focus, but a small tremble of excitement found it's way to his stomach, making him just a tad jittery.  Needless to say, it was a strange feeling.

The Kuchi Nagi was a whole size bigger than him, which would give him both advantages and disadvantages.  For example, the larger creature could certainly jump on him.  That would definitely hurt.  Then again, he was small enough to run beneath him, so maybe it evened out.

Blinking, he decided to go another route, possibly causing a distraction this time, instead.  Aiming directly for the legs this time, he hoped maybe he could slide under the lizard, or possibly around him to get his tail.  If that got him... Well, maybe he'd just find a way up to that head of his, after all.

"If I died today, would you remember me forever?"

"Even if I die...Forever."

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 12/21/2009 7:06 PM

Blast it all... The Kuchi Nagi thought to himself as he'd had only hit air. He knew to begin with there was going to be some weakness about him that gave a strength to the opposite: size. Size truely did matter and could be either a gain or a loss. In that experience, it was surely a loss for Daishou. But he wasn't out yet. He'd been hit once, a nice wound along his leg; it would prove to be a nice battle scar, whether he won or not. This time, the Draculi came back again, aiming lower. Now there was an idea... As the opponent neared, Daishou swiftly turned and swung his tail for the creature like he would a bat, using it both as a block and an attack.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/21/2009 9:37 PM

Pyris's Hexle:

Rolled a 5 - HIT

Hexle does 1 (1 + 0) damage!

Rolled a 8 - MISS

Hexle has 9 Endurance.
Daishou has 9 Endurance.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 12/22/2009 1:09 AM

He'd managed a scratch this time, somewhere in the vicinity of his target, at least.  He'd been so intent on getting the foot, he'd nearly missed the tail coming his way.  Fortunately, his reflexes were quick enough to jump out of the way...and what was this?  Now he was behind the Kuchi Nagi?

He felt particularly lucky this round.  Thinking quick, since the lizard was faster than he was, he jumped up, going straight for the back of the neck.  If he got the front, well he'd get himself stuck in a very uncomfortable place, like between the claws of his opponent's rather strong arms.  There was a thrill there, as the movement he made jumping caused the air to caress him like a pleasant breeze on a hot day.  He had little time to revel in it, though, since he was in the middle of something.

Certainly, he'd enjoy it when the battle was over, win or lose.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 12/22/2009 9:35 PM

Yet again, Diashou had missed his mark, but he wasn't out yet. He felt another pain after the attack, realizing he'd been hit once more... only this one was but a minor wound. He'd care for that later. Now, it was still a fight. Glancing over his shoulder, he saw a flash coming for him. Thinking quickly, the Kuchi Nagi twisted his body, taking one arm with him to swing out at the form, hoping to knock his opponent away.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/22/2009 9:52 PM

Pyris's Hexle:

Rolled a 1 - HIT

Hexle does 5 (1 + 4) damage!

Rolled a 3 - HIT

Daishou does 7 (6 + 1) damage!

Hexle has 3 Endurance.
Daishou has 4 Endurance.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 12/23/2009 3:19 AM

Just as he'd managed to get his claws dug into something really nicely, something had hit him from the side, flinging him across the arena and onto the ground.  As he rolled and finally stopped, he could still feel the blow all the way along his body.  Staggering as he rose, his vaguely foggy eyes looked up at the Kuchi Nagi, smirking with satisfaction upon knowing he done some decent enough damage himself.

Of course, he'd gotten the heavier blow, but every little bit counted.  Shaking it off and wincing slightly at the pain, he examined himself to ensure there was no bleeding.  Lucky for him, the back of the Kuchi Nagi's arm didn't have any sharp things on it, leaving him bruised, but not seriously wounded.  Feeling steady enough on his feet, he half-circled, watching Daishou carefully.  It looked like one more really good hit would do him in, but he wasn't sure.  He only hoped he could manage one more decent strike before being knocked out by the larger creature.

Crouching, he gathered up his energy and charged blindly, hoping to hit fast and hard.  If he jumped, he'd go right for the face, and if the lizard swung, well maybe he'd just have to gnaw at an arm, instead.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 12/23/2009 5:03 PM

Even Daishou couldn't manage to hid a small smile at his hit. Who could blame him, however? He hadn't made one hit since the start. This was a close fight, perhaps one of the closest fights Daishou had ever been in. Facing his opponent once more, Daishou saw him struggle to get up. Daishou himself had been hit, but not nearly as hard as the Draculi. Still, the battle was taking it's toll and he was sure there wasn't much more left of this fight.

With a deep breath, the Kuchi Nagi watched his opponent charge him. Daishou hadn't done much moving since this fight began, now was time for a change. Quickly, Daishou burst into a sprint for the Draculi, charging for him head on. As he neared his opponent, the Kuchi Nagi twisted his body, using his own tail as a bat for the Draculi.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/23/2009 8:38 PM

Pyris's Hexle:

Rolled a 6 - HIT

Hexle does 4 (1 + 3) damage!

Daishou is defeated.

Pyris and Hexle win the Second Round!

Another pet had unfortunately been defeated. Well, at least they still had some Keystones to gather for some boxes at the Seasonal Shop. That was better than nothing, wasn't it? And fortunately for the other one that won, they got to proceed to the next round, whenever their turn would come about. "Another good fight," he complimented, modifying the screen board once again. "Rebel_the_Proud's Daishou will receive the 7th prize for participating, and Pyris's Hexle proceeds to the next round, in due time."

He then looked up at the next challengers. "Moofius's Led and Draiz's Faye, if you would please step into the arena."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/23/2009 8:56 PM

Name: Faye Labri
Level: 8
Toughness: 26
Exploration: 12
Intelligence: 18
Battle traits: Battle Hardened, Pursue, Poison Immunity, Stoneblood, Clever Wrestling, Crowd Tactics, Great Rend
Element: Metal

During the past two battles the Khimera woman had been laying down, trying to get her head to stop spinning. She still had no clue what was going on. Hadn't even been paying attention to what the past four that were called upon were doing. All she could understand was that they were being called up to the stage for something and only one seemed to walk away with ease.

Hearing her own name called, Faye staggered to her feet and hobbled up the steps, moving to the center of the area. Her tails flicked about behind her lazily, head hanging low as she watched Astophel. Who else had he called...? Someone named... Led? She began to look around slowly, wondering why there were fewer people around now.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

PreviousNext