Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: [* Seasonal Tournament: Winter

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/03/2010 12:24 AM

Corr smiled; he was thanking his lucky stars he had all these pointy little spikes hanging out on his body. Way to go nature and biology! Chuckling to himself, he very nearly missed the next attack. The Draculi whipped around, it’s body moving like lightning. It almost reminded Corr of a weasel the way it moved; fast and hard, slithery like a snake, but with a quick, small, and hard to catch body. It was headed for his neck; Corr lowered his head, hoping to protect that vulnerable spot, and opened his jaws to try and catch the creature as it flew towards him.

[11]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 01/03/2010 1:15 AM

Pyris's Hexle:

Rolled a 4 - HIT

Hexle does 5 (1 + 4) damage!

Hexle takes 2 damage from Spiked Body.

MillietheWarrior's Corr:

Rolled a 1 - HIT

Corr does 13 (11 + 2) damage!

Hexle is defeated.

MillietheWarrior and Corr win the First Semi-Final!

And yet another battle out the window! That little Draculi had hanged in there for a while, but that hit had done it, it seemed. "You fared well!" he complimented, modifying the screen board. "Pyris's Hexle will receive the prize for the 4th place, and MillietheWarrior's Corr will get to proceed to the final. With this, only two battles remain. Draiz's Faye and Freezair's Chariot; it's your turn to go once again." He pointed to the stairs behind him. "Good luck! You're fighting for your chance in the final now."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/03/2010 1:19 AM

Level: 6
Element: Unknown (none)
Toughness: 17
Exploration: 16
Endurance: 17
Intelligence: 11
Battle Traits: Battle Hardened, Battlefield Inspiration, Subduing Strike, Frightful Moan, Diehard

His last fight had been... disappointing. He couldn't blame his opponent for not living up to his expectations; certainly not. But he'd been hoping for a real challenge! Something to get his blood pumping! He still didn't care if he won, particularly. Winning had been too easy and no real fun. But if he sweated and foamed and fought bravely, maybe, then, he could meet someone worthwhile.

He'd heard this lady had had quite a fight. Perhaps she would be a worthy challenge for him. He hoped so--maybe, just maybe, she had what it took to be a Rider. And even if not--what a thrill it would be!

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 01/03/2010 1:25 AM

Name: Faye Labri
Level: 8
Toughness: 26
Exploration: 12
Endurance: 15
Intelligence: 18
Battle traits: Battle Hardened, Pursue, Poison Immunity, Stoneblood, Clever Wrestling, Crowd Tactics, Great Rend
Element: Metal

She had been greatful for when she managed to knock out whatever that thing trying to attack her had been. Faye had really been scared that it would actually kill her. The fact that it wasn't dead was a relief, as she didn't wish to ever kill a living being, but she was even more relieved to still be alive. After watching Led fall she was allowed to leave the arena, feeling guilty for having to injure the creature so.

Now though, it seemed as though her name was being called once again. Did she have to go up there? If she didn't, would they kill her for trying to get out of doing so? Well, even if they wouldn't she wasn't about to risk it. Stumbling to her feet, the Khimera moved to the middle of the arena once again. Would she have to fight for her life once again? She really hoped not, as all this moving around was only making her even more dizzy.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1585
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 01/03/2010 1:40 AM

Freezair's Chariot:
Level: 6
Element: None
Toughness: 17
Exploration: 16
Endurance: 25 (+8 Battle Hardened)
Intelligence: 11

Battlefield Inspiration - +4 to ally Endurance. (not applicable)
Subduing Strike - The defeated pet only faints, and does not die. (not applicable)
Frightful Moan - The pet can create panic in others; opponent can only hit on a 1-4 roll.
Diehard - The pet can attack once more at 0 Endurance before fainting.

Draiz's Faye:
Toughness: 32 (+6 Crowd Tactics/Great Rend)
Endurance: 23 (+8 Battle Hardened)

Pursue - Opponent cannot escape, negates Improved Diversion.
Poison Immunity - Halves damage from Poison attacks.
Stoneblood - -3 damage from every enemy attack.
Clever Wrestling - Opponent misses second attack.

Faye attacks first.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 01/03/2010 2:02 AM

The creature in front of her this time seemed to be an equine of some sort. It was covered in weird markings that made her head hurt when she tried to focus on any one in particular to figure out what it was. There also seemed to be weird horns sprouting from its head. Or were those... blades? She couldn't really tell.

She certainly wasn't going to attack whatever it was. Instead she began to slowly circle him, tails flicking about. If he were to get too close, she would lash out with a tail or claws. Only if of course.

(Hard to make a first attack for her when she hasn't been attacked, so just setting it up to where she would attack, but didn't really make the first move? xD; )
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/03/2010 2:30 AM

How very curious. To start off, she wasn't attacking right away. She seemed to be sizing him up. Wondering what move to make. She was cautious, it seemed. Chariot smiled. He knew these tactics well.

But those who played too cautious were easy to startle. Bunching up his haunches, he suddenly leaped into the air. His horn blazed, and he seemed to be encircled by spirits! The spirits let out frightful moans, full of the anguish of battle. And Chariot himself flashed out with diamond-hard hooves.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 01/03/2010 2:48 AM

Draiz's Faye:

Rolled a 5 - HIT

Faye does 17 (15 + 2) damage!

Freezair's Chariot:

Rolled a 3 - HIT

Chariot does 0 (1 + 2 - 3) damage!

Frightful Moan activated; Faye can only hit on a 1-4 roll.

Faye has 23 Endurance.
Chariot has 8 Endurance.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 01/03/2010 3:02 AM

She stepped back a bit, closing her eyes as her ears pushed down against her skull. That noise.. that terrible, horrible noise. It sounded so.. pained? While her eyes were closed she could feel something slam against the metal guard on her shoulder, filling the air with a loud clatter. It was soon followed by the feeling of her tails slamming in to something.

Finally opening her eyes again, Faye realized just how close Chariot had gotten to her. Apparently his hooves had managed to hit her, though she felt no pain. Jumping forward, she went to headbutt him to hopefully get him to fall over so she could get some distance.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/03/2010 3:48 AM

She was staggering! Yes! But so was he, unfortunately. She'd hit him, and she'd given him a deep cut to go with it. She was strong! At least, in comparison to him. He'd been that strong, once. He felt invigorated! Hurt, but strangely powerful.

With his spirits around him, he charged forward. His horn blazed. Would it hit?

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 01/03/2010 3:55 AM

Draiz's Faye:

Rolled a 3 - HIT

Faye does 16 (15 + 1) damage!

Chariot can attack once more due to Diehard.

Freezair's Chariot:

Automatic miss due to Faye's Clever Wrestling.

Chariot is defeated.

Draiz and Faye win the Second Semi-Final!

Well, that Khimera sure was... acing through those battles. But with this battle over, it meant only one thing: time for the finals! The screen board got modified again to show the two finalists up there. "Freezair's Chariot will get the prize for the 3rd place, and Draiz's Faye will proceed to the Final again MillietheWarrior's Corr. Good luck to the both of you!"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 01/03/2010 4:04 AM

Having managed to slam in to the equine, Faye quickly made her escape. She could tell he tried to give one last attack, but it seemed as though the distance between them proved to be too great. She had managed to survive another round without hurting him too badly. At least he was able to leave the arena. He'd probably be in pain for a few days, but he wasn't dead at least. Neither was she.

Name: Faye Labri
Toughness: 26
Endurance: 15
Battle traits: Battle Hardened, Pursue, Poison Immunity, Stoneblood, Clever Wrestling, Crowd Tactics, Great Rend

Sadly, it seemed as though there was no time for her to rest this go around. The man had already said she was to stay up there for the next round. Shaking herself off, the Khimera moved back to the center of the ring. Maybe this would be as easy as shaking that equine had been.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/03/2010 5:23 AM

Corr Skirata - Level 10, 49 Posts
(For ref: +12 posts in tournament)
Toughness: 17/100
Exploration: 15/40
Endurance: 21/100
Intelligence: 23/100
Element: Dark
Traits:Spiked Body, Puncture, Improved Combat Expertise, Life Drain

This time Corr had been watching, and he did not like what he saw. “Aw dang, well…I’m so gonna get my butt kicked.” That Khimera was too tough; but either way, he’d walk away second. He smiled as he stepped up the familiar stairs into that now familiar dome. It looked like a tornado had rocketed through it, and Corr felt a little bad for the janitors who had to clean up when the contestants left. That sounded like a horrible job. Giving his fur a shake, Corr focused his mind on his final opponent and the final fight. This was for all the jelly beans in the jar. He grinned lightly. At least he’d had a short time to rest. That metal cat had been thrown right into the next battle; all the better for him, though somehow, he doubted it’d make a difference. “Nice armor,” he muttered, wishing he had some of that metal plating covering his body. Okay. Time to try and win this thing; he couldn’t wait to get started.

[12]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 01/03/2010 5:33 AM

Draiz's Faye:
Toughness: 32 (+6 Crowd Tactics/Great Rend)
Endurance: 23 (+8 Battle Hardened)

Pursue - Opponent cannot escape, negates Improved Diversion.
Poison Immunity - Halves damage from Poison attacks.
Stoneblood - -3 damage from every enemy attack.
Clever Wrestling - Opponent misses second attack.

MillietheWarrior's Corr:
Level: 10
Element: Dark
Toughness: 21 (+4 Puncture)
Exploration: 15
Endurance: 25 (+4 Improved Combat Expertise)
Intelligence: 23

Spiked Body - +2 extra damage to opponent if hit.
Life Drain - Drains 1/4 of opponent's HP and adds to your own; one-time use attack.

Corr attacks first.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/03/2010 5:36 AM

Okay, okay. Here went nothing…Literally. The Khimera was one of the most intimidating creatures he’d ever seen. But maybe it’s bark was worse than it’s bite….Did Khimera’s bark? Corr shook his head. He needed to focus on the fight, not on stupid questions. His eyes darted over the creature, looking for some sort of opening or weak spot. Then he spotted it; her back legs. There was exposed wire sticking out of her ankles, but no armor plating. Corr nodded to himself, and darted forward, then around her. He just had to avoid those slashing tails. Using all the speed he could muster, he darted closer, and snapped his jaws towards her back legs, hoping to score a hit and not be hit himself.

[13]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext