Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

[Over] (A St. Valentine's Ball ~ 2010)

Postby HappyHappyHierophant » 02/07/2010 10:44 PM

Salina didn't look for anything particular in a man. She just wanted someone, she was, you know, compatible with. She wanted someone she was familiar with, but not her best friend, because that for her would make it weird romantically. She wanted someone attractive, but not a "him-bo". She wanted someone smart, but not creepy. And though she wasn't picky, she had no man by her side as she received the invitation to the St. Valentine's Ball. Plenty of people went alone, she told herself. She would surely find someone to have a couple drinks with, maybe two. Plenty.
HappyHappyHierophant
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 40
Donate

Re: A St. Valentine's Ball

Postby SpringsSong » 02/07/2010 11:11 PM

At first glance, some would wonder why a Cursed pet had come to a Valenthine's ball with nothing more than a mere invitation and word from a few other companions that they would be joining him later in the week.  A second glance would reveal that, in his human form (which he was in now), he carried himself with a certain air, despite his mechanical arm, leg, and eye.  Those that knew him often feared him, but those that knew him had a reason to fear him.

However, despite what they thought, he was a changed man since that day when he had last encountered the other two that knew him.

As he walked into the ballroom, he tried his best to look casual and not necessarily like he was the battle-hardened prince from another land.  He tried his best not to look like someone who had rendered a beautiful princess half-blind, or that nearly killed her.  In fact, he could not remember how the whole deal had started now.  He just remembered that he was a prince who had a particularly troubled childhood that had lead to near-death experiences.

Why did I ever come to this...? he asked himself.

[1.1]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Sappheara » 02/07/2010 11:19 PM

Iolana walked into the large ballroom, she taken aback by the beauty of the room. The Khimera wasn't sure if she was here to find her lifemate or if she just wanted to be some where different. Her long purple hair was tied in a ponytail at the nip of her neck, wearing a white ball gown. Iolana stepped further into the ball room, her white heals tapping on the marble floor, making echos sounds behind her. She was here early and it looked like she was the only one, more peoople should be coming soon.

Sorry did know how to start off.
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2169
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 02/08/2010 1:45 AM

Image .:.:. Image
Spaztik .:.:. Kamikaze

Quite an odd couple were next to walk through the door. First was a Doom Kitty with a sketch pad, followed by a... boy. Or fish? Both, actually. Kamikaze had found some magic that could make him part humanoid so that he could remain out of water for the evening. He had to agree something that made his own particular brand of magic null for the night, but he was hoping to see another here. If he did, it would be worth it. The Doom Kitty instantly stalked over to a corner of the room where it would be able to see the going ons and record a drawn visual graphic of the evening. It wasn't here to party, it was here to work, and it intended on making sketches the whole night long. Kamikaze hung up his outer coat in the coat room and then made his way into the main area, his eyes scanning for any sign of his potential date. Nope, not yet. hmph.
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 27
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 02/08/2010 12:14 PM

Two Khimera's walked into the building joining the small group that had already congregated there. The first Khimera muttered to the second "See I told you we'd be late, why does it always take you so long to get ready Athos?", surprisingly it was the female that was berating the male for taking too long, not the other way around as you might normally expect.  "Sorry Theia" the male muttered back. Casting her eyes over the creatures and people already present Theia was concerned to note that very few if any had actually come as couples, she hoped they were expecting to meet their other halves later. Glancing at the list of events that she had copied down she noticed some called 'Blind breakfast' and such, "I hope they don't try to split us up to meet new people, I was hoping this would be a nice break for us especially as we never get to actually enjoy Valentine's day together". Both Khimera moved further into the hall Theia's feet were shrouded in a dark misty aura whilst small sparks of pink lightning jumped between Athos' paws and the floor as he lifted them up and set them down, swinging from Athos' tails were a couple of small suitcases most likely filled with spare clothes and essential items that they would need for the week long Valentine's celebrations that the host had planned for them.
ImageImage

Come down from the mountain, you have been gone too long

The world is alive now, in and outside our home

You run through the forest, settle before the sun

Darling, I can barely remember you beside me

You should come back home, back on your own now

Song: Fleet Foxes - Ragged Wood
AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 684
Donate

Postby HappyHappyHierophant » 02/08/2010 7:33 PM

((OOC: I make up my characters as a I go along.))

Boni hated his job. Cleaning toilets, putting away coats without a thank you. He hated it. When it came down to it, he didn't know why he didn't ---"OI! Mistress! Do keep you' 'ands of the pain'ings. It be migh'y sad if you would have to pay for 'em." Salinsa didn't seem to notice. She truly was blind in one eye, but she was deaf in both ears when she was off in her own little world. The oil painting was beautiful and abundant of the rich pigment. Burgundies and jungle greens richly complimented the aureate frame. She stepped right over the partition, and the alarm sounded. "OI! Mistress! HEY!"

HappyHappyHierophant
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/08/2010 7:45 PM

"What in the name of...?"

Calamaethor asked this as he heard the sound of the... oh, dash-it-all, what were they called...?--regardless,the person that hung up the coats and the like telling one of the other guests to "keep you' 'ands off the pain'ings", and then, he got at her again.  He stepped away from the schedule--which, right now, was not interesting him at all--and walked over to Salina, placing a hand on her shoulder gently and hoping to draw her back a few steps.

"I'm sure she was just examining the rich colors of this painting here, my good sir; no harm intended--even if she did trip the alarm.  S'not every day that you get to see paintings of this caliber in anywhere but an art museum where fifty other people are trying to look at the exact same painting you are and refuse to budge from their places to let anyone else look."

He hoped that the lady wouldn't mind him shaking her from her daydream with the hand on her shoulder, but it was either that or live with the guy going crazy for a period of time; he thought it was safer to have a lady angry at him then to have the first evening of the ball ruined slightly.

[1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HappyHappyHierophant » 02/08/2010 7:54 PM

((OOC: Feel free to RP among whoever you want, as there's no limit on people.))

"Oh! Terribly sorry sir, to both of you. It just reminded me of... of... nevermind. Um... Thank you." She curtsied low to the man, revealing a pair of converses under her heavily formal dress. "Thank you very much, sir. May I have the pleasure of knowing your name?" Inside her head, she bit her lip. "I'm Salina, if you please. Salina Belle. Thank you...."
HappyHappyHierophant
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kiarianuu » 02/08/2010 8:05 PM

Image Cotton Candy (CC)

A plush ferrikoon walked into the building. She joined the small group. "I guess I'm early?" she asked out loud to no one in particular. CC had been invited to a Valentine's Day Ball. Too bad no one will ever notice me, she thought sadly.
{1.1}
"when i get excited, i fly"
:^)

zoo pen / journal / wishlist
Kiarianuu
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 515
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/08/2010 8:10 PM

"I am known as Calamaethor.  Calamaethor Sul'im; but Calamaethor is suitable," he said, smiling slightly as he bowed.  He figured it would not be particularly beneficial to him if he mentioned that he was a prince from a foreign land just now; some people found that... intriguing, even exotic; but no, Calamaethor was not interested in seeming intriguing or exotic in that sense.  No, if he was intriguing, he wanted it to be for something other than his childhood or his bloodline.

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Miss Salina," he said, smiling slightly as he looked around, noticing the present lack of people.  He gave a small chuckle as he glanced at the table where there would doubtless soon be food.

"I know it is still a bit early and all, but I would have expected more people to be here already, honestly; mostly for the purposes of finding this place and then getting some dinner and changing into their dance attire..."

[1.3]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HappyHappyHierophant » 02/08/2010 8:19 PM

"Ah, yes. But, alas, a party is determined by the quality and not the quantity of the people." Salina looked to the left, as Boni grouchily pushed a platter of cheese cubes in front of her. "No, thank you." "Lady, this cheese is worth more than I make in a year." "Um..." "Eat it lady." She hated to eat in front of people, especially, handsome young men. For, she was an artist in all trades, and when she found a good dish, she had to come for seconds. She took one and took a nibble, and instantly a burst of flavor and nostalgia came to her head. "Krysmanian... about 200 years old... made with the cream of Krysmanian-Tengel breed cow... with subtle tastes of wine." She opened her eyes, startled. "Oh. I'm sorry sir."
HappyHappyHierophant
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 02/08/2010 8:25 PM

There seemed to be a bit of commotion going on by some paintings that were hanging to one side of the room, curious Theia made her way over leaving Athos to find somewhere safe to stow their suitcases for the time being. Recalling the schedule she checked it and noted that this was supposed to be the Reception time, so she supposed she ought to say hello to some of the others, after all they would have plenty of lovey dovey romantic alonetime during the week and it would be nice to make a few new friends.

However nearing the group Theia's shyness suddenly took over, instead of boldly walking up and saying 'Hello' as she had imagined herself doing, she found herself just kind of standing off to the side of the group watching as a cursed Yonyuu chatted with the cheese eating lady who had set off the paintings alarm. She tried to make herself look comfortable where she was as if she didn't need to talk to anyone whilst inwardly hoping that Athos would hurry up and come find her or that someone else would notice and talk to her first so that she wouldn't have to start a conversation.
ImageImage

Come down from the mountain, you have been gone too long

The world is alive now, in and outside our home

You run through the forest, settle before the sun

Darling, I can barely remember you beside me

You should come back home, back on your own now

Song: Fleet Foxes - Ragged Wood
AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 684
Donate

Postby Kiarianuu » 02/08/2010 8:28 PM

CC noticed someone she knew. "Kovu!" she cried and ran to the common kuhna who walked through the door.Image

Kovu smiled at his friend from home. "Mahogani couldn't make it," he said. Mahogani was CC's crush - and date to the dance.

CC groaned. "It's always me..." she muttered. "So, what took you so long?"

"Traffic, arguing with Mahogani about wether he was going with you, staying home, or going with Dialla-" Kovu cut off and clamped his mouth shut.

CC pushed Kovu and ran off. How could Mahogani betray her like that?
{1.2}
{1.1}
"when i get excited, i fly"
:^)

zoo pen / journal / wishlist
Kiarianuu
Pets | Items
Keystones: 515
Donate

Postby HappyHappyHierophant » 02/08/2010 8:42 PM

((I would prefer human forms for everybody, just so everyone's on the same page.))

"Oh. Sorry to you to, Miss....?" A little bit of cheese dropped out of her mouth and into the frill of her dress, and she realized then she had bitten into the wax of the cheese. She then proceeded to drop the cheese cube onto Calamaethor, pick it up, nearly eat it as she was used to at home, think, stop herself, chide herself, apologize, all while letting the cheese cube become all gross in her hand. She was NOT making a good impression. Not at all...
HappyHappyHierophant
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 02/08/2010 9:21 PM

((I hope it's not too late to join.  :oops: ))

Alstatia had recieved an invitation to this 'St. Valentine's Ball.' She had decided she didn't want to go, but she had made the mistake of letting it sit out on her desk where she lived. One of her room-mates had found it, and convinced her to go. 'You'll meet someone really nice,' they had said. She didn't think that was likely. No one ever came near her, she was so withdrawn from society. She didn't speak much, and when she did she just embarrased herself. She sighed outwardly and looked around the ballroom. She was wearing a dark green ballgown that went all the way to the floor. Her hair was pulled to the side in some fancy side pony tail thing her friend had done up for her. Little brown wisps of hair fell about her face. She brushed the hair from out of her face. She didn't know anyone there, and was very nervous. Her shoes were uncomfortable, but she would be out of them by the night was over. Her amber eyes continued to sweep over the dance floor. She noticed the happenings going on around the paintings, but decided not to intrude. She didn't want to seem nosy on her first day there.
{1.1}

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items