Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: A St. Valentine's Ball

Postby AnimeTheia » 02/10/2010 7:46 PM

Theia and Athos accepted their goblets of wine from Boni and sipped at them slowly, neither of them tended to drink alcohol very often so it wouldn't take much for them to get drunk. Theia looked around at the other tables, noting that the girl who had fallen down was thankfully upright again, she also noticed that one or two people were sat by themselves, obviously their table mates had had to leave in a rush for some reason. Theia felt bad for those who had been left on their own, it was a pity that so few had turned up to tha Ball so far, but hopefully more would turn up later. After a short while she returned her attention to Athos, it was all very well feeling sorry for others but he was the reason she was here and she didn't want to waste the chance to be 'alone' with him. The two humans smiled at each other across the table still holding hands they chatted lightly about random inconsequential things.
ImageImage

Come down from the mountain, you have been gone too long

The world is alive now, in and outside our home

You run through the forest, settle before the sun

Darling, I can barely remember you beside me

You should come back home, back on your own now

Song: Fleet Foxes - Ragged Wood
AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 684
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/10/2010 7:49 PM

"Er... where were we, anyways...?"

Calamaethor asked this to himself, swirling the wine around delicately in the goblet before he took a slight sip, letting the flavors sink into his mouth before taking another sip, closing his eyes as he thought for another few minutes, nodding slowly.

"Um, well... let's see..." he thought for a few long moments before he blinked, shaking himself from his reverie as he looked back at Salina.  "I'm terribly sorry... I've never been to one of these balls... my first one was supposed to be when I was... sixteen, which was seven years ago..."

[2.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby HappyHappyHierophant » 02/10/2010 7:55 PM

Salina smiled, making sure to dump her tainted drink in the trash. She soon picked up a new one, savoring the fruity taste. "Nor have I. But do continue with your story. You're so very interesting, you are."
HappyHappyHierophant
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 40
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/10/2010 8:16 PM

"Oh, well, then, where do I begin?  Well, like I said, when I was young, I was always sick.  I went blind in one eye, and... well, I never really regained vision properly, so that's when they had my eyes--well, eye; the only one that my eyes that could be properly restored."

Calamaethor stopped as he closed his ees again, allowing his vision to readjust itself.  When he opened his eyes again, he drew in a deep breath.

"When I was five, I had a rather bad accident.  Something had weakened my bones to the point where even the smallest fall would break my bones.  I took a rather hard fall and sharttered my right leg and left arm,  The doctors said that they would never heal fully, and that the only way that I would ever function again unless they gave me artificial limbs..."

[3.0]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HappyHappyHierophant » 02/10/2010 8:31 PM

Salina made a small gasp. "That's...that's terrible. I know a thing or two about being half blind..., well I am. But I couldn't even tell about the limbs with how smoothly you walk. If you don't mind me intruding, you were under anesthesia when you had your limbs--." She bit her lip.

((Eww, short.))
HappyHappyHierophant
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 40
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/10/2010 8:55 PM

Calamaethor thought for a few moments.  Had he been unconscious when they replaced his arm and leg?  Had he felt any pain?  He tried his best to remember, but in the end, he only ended up asking himself more questions than before.  After a few moments, he lowered his head slightly.

"I honestly cannot remember.  Chances are that was a side affect from being ripped from Nyonia and thrown into this realm--I do not remember a good many things that had happened to me before.  Like the man with eyes like mine--a white-ish silver that seemed to bore into my soul--and the lavender-eyed woman he was guarding.  They were sent through with me, yet only they remembered me.  I mean, if I heard their names, I would likely remember them, but only in a passing memory.  Like... a deja vu."

He wrung his hands slightly as he tried to remember more about what happened to him before he came to Evelon.  Why did he keep cringing every time he thought about what significance the Cursed and Blossom Serraptors might have had to him?

[3.1]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 02/10/2010 9:04 PM

Alstatia was still sitting alone at her table, wondering where the person was who was supposed to be at her table. She accepted her goblet graciously. She sipped at it as she looked around the room. She was supposed to be seated with some Iolana person. She noticed most of the people around her were already seated and a few were still alone. She figured she go ask to find who Iolana was. She first went to the table closest to her where a girl was sitting. She was wearing a white ball gown and had purple hair. "Um, excuse me, but are you Iolana? I'm Alstatia," she said politely.
{2.6}

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

{6}

Postby Sappheara » 02/10/2010 10:02 PM

Iolana looked up with wide eyes. "Hello umm... Yes, I am. Are you Alstatia?" She got up a little to fast, most tripping over the table leg. Iolana held out her hand, not sure what she should do. "This blind dinner should be fun." She smiled at Alstatia. Iolana bent down and crawled under the table to get her white heels. She sat down on the chair putting her shoes back on.

Got confused with all the post.
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2169
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 02/10/2010 10:09 PM

"Yes, I am," Alstatia said. She was glad to meet Iolana. She seemed alright, though a little nervous. She shook Iolana's hand and then sat down across from the other girl. "Yeah, this should be fun, I've never been to a blind breakfast before," she said. She noticed the other putting her shoes back on. What a bother heels were. "I can't wait to get to my room so I can take these shoes off," she said, trying to make conversation.  
{2.7}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kiarianuu » 02/10/2010 10:38 PM

CC looked around anxiously. Was she just suppose to eat alone? She sighed and got a glass of wine. She drank it down in one gulp. "Well, I'm slightly better..." CC looked around. She spotted Kovu alone.

Kovu was still sitting alone. He glanced at CC who was at the table next to him. He began whistling.
{2.6}
{2.8}
"when i get excited, i fly"
:^)

zoo pen / journal / wishlist
Kiarianuu
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 515
Donate

{7}

Postby Sappheara » 02/10/2010 11:18 PM

Iolana smiled at the other girl that sat a cross from her. She finish putting on her heels. "Me too, once I get back to my room I'm taking both the ball gown and the heels off." Iolana looked at the vase with couple of rose in it, the vase was in the center of their table. Pulling one of the red roses from the vase. "What is your natural form? Human or animal?" The Khimera hope that Alstatia did think she was rude asking the question. Iolana could smell the fragrance coming from the rose. She always love the smell of flowers of any kind.
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 02/11/2010 11:53 AM

Alstatia returned Iolana's smile. She liked this girl, she had the same way of thinking when it came to dresses and heels. Her dress wasn't so uncomfortable, it was just getting warm and she prefered her blue jeans. She sipped at her glass of wine. She didn't ususally drink wine, but it was good. "I'm usually a kuhna," she said, not disturbed by the other's intruding. They had to make conversation somehow, and if this was how it was going to happen, then so be it. "What about you?"
{2.8}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

{8}

Postby Sappheara » 02/11/2010 1:40 PM

"I'm usually in my Khimera form." The event was better than she thought. When she first came here she thought it would turn out boring. Iolana was making friends faster than she thought. "I tend to be uncomfortable in my human form." She picked up the wine glass, taking a small sip from the glass. Iolana almost gagged, the taste of wine was nasty. Iolana put down the wine glass and grab the glass that had water in it, taking a large gulp of water to clear the taste of wine out of her month. "Do you attend this kind of events often?" Iolana asked as she put down her water glass.
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 02/11/2010 1:45 PM

Alstatia nodded and took another sip from her goblet. She liked her kuhna form best, but she didn't mind being in her human form either. "Well, not often," she said in response to Iolana's question. "My friends talked me into it," she said with a shrug. She was glad to be out of the house. She placed the goblet down on the table and put her hands in her lap.
{2.9}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 02/12/2010 8:21 AM

Theia and Athos were still deep in conversation, sipping merrily on their goblets of wine as thet talked. Not needing to get to know each other like most of the others, they instead reminisced about fun times they had had together, laughing every now and then when they talked about a particularly funny past event.

(Eek, can't think of much to write right now. Also i'm not going to be around on actual Valentine's day - though I imagine quite a few people will be absent that day too anyway - as it's my birthday)
ImageImage

Come down from the mountain, you have been gone too long

The world is alive now, in and outside our home

You run through the forest, settle before the sun

Darling, I can barely remember you beside me

You should come back home, back on your own now

Song: Fleet Foxes - Ragged Wood
AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 684