Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Music in the City (Semi-open)

Postby SpringsSong » 12/19/2010 11:23 PM

Please PM me to join. =3
ImageImageImage

Seeing the three sisters decorated with exotic dragon tattoos out in Aldrect was nothing new.  The three of them were a common sight for the people of Aldrect, but they were usually with four Velixes, another couple Lucain, a Hollowheart, and a Garudor with more than just a vicious attitude.  The three of them alone was generally a sight to see.

The other thing that was unique about them this time, however, was the fact that they were playing classical music instead of jazz music.  Thaleia was dressed in a sleeveless black dress, which allowed for parts of her dragon tattoo to show, while Aithnea and Arcelia wore black pant suits.

"Thal, how are you not cold?" Arcelia asked as Aithnea started to play, and the oboist smiled as she shrugged, laughing as she put the reed to her mouth to start playing.

[1.2]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: Music in the City (Semi-open)

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/20/2010 5:45 PM

Image Image
(Click for human forms.)

"C'mon, Zuzu!" Taiyo laughed, practically dragging the older boy through the streets of Aldrect. "You need fresh air! And a walk in the city is just the thing for that." The young 15-year old laughed gaily and walked ahead of him.
"There is nothing refreshing about the city," he muttered under his breath, looking up at the sky. "Just bright sun and loud noises." Zuberi blinked in surprise as a new sound met his sensitive ears. "Hmm?" he murmured, looking around. "Music?" He stopped and listened to the soft sound of the oboe, closing his bright orange eyes.
Taiyo spun around and saw her friend had stopped in the middle of the road. "Zuberi?" she said worriedly. "What's wrong? Are you tired already?"
"Shh..." Zuberi hushed her, holding a finger in front of her mouth. "I hear something. Follow me," he said, smiling. Taiyo shrugged and walked with the boy, her hand on his arm. Soon enough, they reached the source of the sound. A girl playing oboe? Here? Zuberi thought, curling a hand before his mouth.
"Hey, I've seen them before," Taiyo interrupted his thoughts. "But they usually play jazz." Zuberi nodded and continued to listen to the beautiful woodwind instrument.

(1) (1)

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby SpringsSong » 12/20/2010 8:55 PM

Aithnea began to play her part in the song while Arcelia gently strummed a few chords, the guitar singing out beautifully--considering it was usually used strictly for playing background in the jazz band alongside Sabute--and she smiled as she gently sang out.

"If this is no dream
Then take me by the hand
Let us go to a land
Far from this world
If this is no dream
Then meet me there
No matter the heights or depths we face,
No matter what mountains
We may need to climb
No matter what valleys
We may need to cross
If this is no dream
I will wait here for you
"

Thaleia began to play here; her oboe singing out just like it did in the jazz band, but at the same time, it sounded completely different.  Aithnea had noticed the two other people there, and she dipped her head slightly before she joined in the song again with Thaleia.  Arcelia's voice was as clear and sweet as it ever was, and Thal could not help but wonder why she never took vocal solos in the jazz band.

[1.4]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/20/2010 10:49 PM

(If you don't mind me asking, which Lucain is which? XD;)

A soft, sweet smile spread over Zuberi's face as Arcelia sang, such a rare sight on the troubled boy.
"It's really pretty, huh," Taiyo murmured, closing her eyes, humming along. "I love this song."
Zuberi looked down at the girl and smiled, then turned back to the small band. The boy absentmindedly stepped closer to the Lucain girls until he was a good six feet away.

(Failpost, sorry. D:)

(2) (2)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby SpringsSong » 12/28/2010 1:38 AM

(Just for reference here in the RP, Aithnea's the blue Split, Arcelia's the gradient Ancient, and Thal's the red-black/white Split.)

Arcelia smiled as she saw the young boy venture closer, humming as she strummed her guitar gently and allowed her other two sisters to have their time in the limelight.  Thaleia was used to that kind of a thing; she was almost always soloing when the jazz band was playing, but Aithnea preferred to remain within the woodwork of the band itself.

"This is retribution, isn't it?" Aithnea asked Thaleia in a low hiss.  "Retribution for missing that one gig where it was supposed to just be you and me performing."

"Retribution?" Thaleia said in disbelief as her sister began playing.  "Hon, you've known me since birth.  I'm not the type to seek retribution.  Now, focus on playing your solo!" she hissed back, smiling at the two onlookers and offering a small dip of her head.

[1.6]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/31/2010 2:16 AM

(Alright, I'll remember that~ xD)

Zuberi blinked. Retribution...? he thought, a tiny frown appearing on his face. He didn't have to lean any closer to hear their conversation, thanks to his keen hearing. What he lacked in power and strength, he made up in intuitiveness. So they're sisters... he decided, contemplating the last sentence Thaleia had said. Zuberi was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't notice Taiyo had walked up to him and wrapped the end of his scarf around her own neck.
Well, it is a bit chilly, Taiyo thought with a soft giggle. The young girl returned Thaleia's gesture with a small wave of her hand.

(3) (3)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate