Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Wayward Priestess (Self)

Postby Silas » 02/08/2013 4:52 PM

Tao, animal form

It was dark and windy tonight. A chill in the air bit at Tao's nose as she walked through the dimly lit avenue. The small Draculi stood about one and a half feet tall, her blue tinted eyes glowed faintly behind the hooded black robe. Gold runes glittered along the white trim of her cloak and a small silver charm hung from her neck. The cobblestones beneath her feet were cold on her bare paws.

Winter was around the corner and her journey had yet to begin. She had been contacted two nights ago by a hollowheart named Tyrin. He claimed to be from a newly constructed citadel called Blackstone Keep. His master, Silas, wished to develop the surrounding land and needed a spiritual leader for his people. Silas had heard some of Tao's words on the goddess Yer and felt that she would be perfect for Blackstone Province. Tao, ever eager to spread the word of the 'Kind Mother', readily accepted and began to prepare for her long trip north.

"Where are they? It's about time we set out." Tao muttered to herself.

Suddenly a large figure stepped out from a nearby alleyway and shoved Tao to the ground. She lifted her hood behind her head and peered into the angry-looking Battleheart's eyes.
Silas
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 20
Donate

Re: Wayward Priestess (Self)

Postby Silas » 02/17/2013 2:30 PM

Garro, hybrid form

The bar scene was to quiet for Garro. The Basking Stone was a small hole in the wall bar meant for scaly skinned Lambastians. It was located at the back of a large empty building. The staircase led down to a subterranean complex that bar patrons called their home away from home, The Basking Stone. The building above the pub was an empty apartment building long since abandoned and had been seized and inhabited by the Skullcaps. Garro has lead the Skullcaps for nearly twenty years and within his neighborhood he had more sway than any of Aldrect's law enforcement.

He left the bar and slowly made his way up from the red, bronze-trimmed door. He turned the corner in the dark alleyway. His thoughts dwelled on the words lingering in his head. The words the old man had told him the night before. That he was ready, that he needed another test subject, and not just some shartile gangster. He needed someone smart, magical, and agile. Time was of the essence and if Garro couldn't find someone soon it would be him on the table. His walking speed had increased with the pace of his thoughts as Garro made his way out of the alley and into the cobblestone streets. He didn't see the small Draculi as he nearly tripped over her. She slammed into the wall of the building behind her, a small bistro. Garro peered down at her and his spirits grew. It was Tao, and she was smart, magical, and agile. Garro grinned wide.

"Should have watched where you were going rat!" he snarled.
Silas
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silas » 02/17/2013 3:02 PM

Tao

"I am terribly sorry about that. I did not mean for you to stub your toe on my rib cage." Tao replied sarcastically. "Perhaps you should be more aware of where your feet are, you lumbering oaf."

Though he may be ten time bigger than her, Tao knew Garro quite well. She had been trying to help in the neighborhood. Bringing food and blankets and other essentials to those who needed them. Providing healing when necessary, and leading small ceremonies to her goddess in hope that she will help improve the lives of  these poor people. Garro has been hindering her efforts. He deals drugs in the alleys, leads muggings that often end in murder, he forces protection money from local businesses and even local households. Tao wasn't afraid of him though. To her he was either a challenge or a lesson from the 'Kind Mother', only time would tell.

Tao stood up and paced a half circle around Garro putting her previous destination behind her as she stared into the Battleheart's eyes. She knew better than to turn her back on him she calmly waited for him to walk away. With beasts like Garro, if they are going to attack they will do so no matter what you say or don't say. What matters is your stance, if you show no weakness they will believe you have none.
Silas
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silas » 06/06/2013 5:59 PM

Garro

Garo eyed her intently. She was what the master needed. He looked around him before drawing his sword from its sheath. It was a large sword that would take no effort in slicing clean through the small Draculi. It was an intimidation move mostly. He needed her alive, bringing her back in two pieces would only serve to anger the old man. He stepped forward with a large open smile showing sharp teeth.

"You should have kept your mouth shut girl. I had thought about letting this slight against me go unpunished, but now I think i'll take you as my new pet."

Garro reached towards Tao in an effort to grab her by the tail.
Silas
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silas » 06/10/2013 8:41 PM

Tao

Tao left out of reach of the massive beast's grasp. She laughed a little and darted beneath Garro's legs, propelled herself up the wall behind him, and found a perch on the awning above the Basking Stone's entry.

" You won't lay a finger on me Garro. If you do, I promise that you will lose the hand that does.  I have nothing you want! I was simply taking a shortcut. Now go on your way and leave me be!"
Silas
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silas » 02/12/2014 4:47 AM

Garro

Garro squinted his eyes in anger.
"Nobody talks back to me like that, nobody! I rule the streets! Everyone who knows my name knows enough to stay out of my way and never, ever talk back. I'll... I'll..."

The Master was a man to be feared. However, even fear couldn't keep Garro's temper in check for long. He raised his heavy sword high into the air.

"I'll gut you like a fish!"
Silas
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silas » 02/12/2014 5:20 AM

Clara, hybrid form

The sound of metal clashing on metal could be heard in the alleyway as Clara's solid adamantine mace stayed Garro's blade. The beautiful Albie stood tall. Her black hair highlighted with strands of ice blue. Two ram's horns curled back from the woman's forehead. Her eyes glowed in the darkness  of the alley, filled not with anger but with confidence.

She had parried Garro's sword and raised her mace into the air to counter his attack with one of her own. The mace was forged with the most solid of metals, adamantine. The top of the mace depicted the head of her true form, an Albie. The mace was an heirloom. Magically enchanted by one of her ancient ancestors and passed down through the centuries. Clara knew that she wouldn't need the mace's magic to handle Garro, using it's power on him would be overkill.

"You'll not be gutting anyone today thug! Put away your blade and I may yet let you live!
Silas
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silas » 02/12/2014 5:47 AM

Garro

He knew the feline had a trick up her sleeve. Why else would she have been so brave against him. The girl with the mace meant business. In the few moments she had appeared, Garro had already sized her up. She was tall, but he still towered over her. Her arms were that of a warrior and the look in her eyes said she knew how to kill. But more than that Garro noticed her appearance. She had amazing curves that were accented by the glimmer of her scale armor in the moonlight. Her legs would make even the chaste of men break their vows. He needed her, even if he doesn't know her yet he knew he had to have her.

Garro shook himself from his flash of admiration long enough to step out of the way of Clara's mace. He quickly stepped back away from the two women. He sheathed his sword and went to speak, but could not find the words. He was shocked by both the interruption and by his interuptors beauty. He slunk away without saying a word into the dark cold of the night. He would find her again, and when he did, he would make her his.
Silas
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silas » 05/10/2016 12:56 PM

Clara

"What an odd character.", She shrugged her shoulders and turned to face Tao.

"It's been such a long time friend!", She put her mace away to her side, and reached out to Tao giving her a warm hug.

"How was your trial, have you been granted priesthood?!", Clara jumped around excitedly, and as she spoke a much taller figure stepped out from the shadows.
Silas
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate