Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

[16]

Postby Jaykobell » 06/24/2013 1:21 AM

There was a bit more to the whole time traveling element, but Mark rarely bothered those outside his circles with the details. If someone really wanted to hear the whole story... Well, that in itself would take quite a long time to tell.

To think that the simple act of calling out to Shanti about her stealing of that wallet could've dragged the both of them into this situation. It had been unexpected, to say the least; Mark hadn't imagined that he would be offering to help the dancer get rid of whoever was keeping her from living a good life. He was grateful for the peaceful life he did live right now, but that didn't mean that he could just look away when someone needed help.

Not only that, but sometimes the people in question didn't want the help, either. In Shanti's case, it sounded like she was just worried that she was going to put him in danger. "Oh, don't worry about danger! I'm plenty used to that," the albino assured her, giving a happy smile. "I'm a little misleading, but don't let my appearance fool you. I'm an adult, really: just reached my twenties not so long ago!" he added, trying to let the dancer know that she wasn't going to just drag a young teenager off to a dangerous fight. He looked fairly young for his age, but really, he wasn't a little teenager! "I've fought plenty of terrible creatures in the war, like the undead and even some dragons. Actually, I'm good friends with a small family of dragon-born people. That, and my mom kinda makes a living off rescues. She travels around and rescues people and families from dangerous areas or cities that might be at risk of tsunamis or earthquakes and such. She's a master strategist and she's mastered the three basic magic elements. And my dad knows some dark curses and dark magic, so he's pretty menacing too. ... Mostly morbid; he kinda has a thing for blood." Hearing the kid — young adult? — describe his parents, it was a little easier to see whom he'd taken that quirky personality from. From the sound of it, both of his parents were pretty special in their own right.

"So hey, if it makes you feel any better, we can go find your other friends that were in town earlier? Are they some of the ones you want to help?" He hadn't even given Shanti time to argue about dragging him into something dangerous; he'd basically just ignored all that. "If you really tell me your situation in full details, I can probably think of something to help you out, too."

This albino's vocabulary didn't include the word "no".
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

[16]

Postby SkyWolf11 » 06/28/2013 6:40 PM

The woman couldn't help but let out an anxious laugh.  She really didn't think he was already in his 20s.  All this time she'd been thinking of him as being barely into adult hood - maybe in his mid-teenage years.  It certainly made her think of him somewhat differently.  While it reassured her to a degree, that she wasn't dragging a young teen child into misfortune, it still worried her about his involvement altogether.  Their self appointed leader was a fearsome tyrant ... not one that cared who got hurt or whether or not how old, young, or powerful they were.  If he was opposed, then he eliminated the problem by any means.  Even children were shown no mercy at times.

"Your mother sounds very brave.", she commented with a smile as she listened to him talk about his family.  "And dragon folk, huh?  I heard they weren't always the friendliest kind of people.  Most are quite fearsome, I've learned."  In fact, there were a few characters of dragon decent or relation that'd accumulated within' the group and they were not the type to be easily befriended.  Then when Mark started talking of his father, Shanti grew a little worrisome.  "And your father on the other hand ... sounds quite ... fearsome as well.", she laughed nervously.  Hopefully that wasn't offensive towards the boy but from what she'd gotten from his basic description, he sounded just as fearsome as those in her troop.  Perhaps that was a good thing if they decided to get involved - fight fire with fire and all but it still made her uneasy.  It was just in her nature to shoulder her own problems and not push them onto others.

At his query, she bit her lower lip anxiously before nodding slowly.  "I suppose we could, yes.  There are a few people that I'm really close with that we could talk easily to."  As for her situation, putting it into details seemed impossible at first thought.  There were many involved that could be preventive in their goal.  Some were bad, others really not.  However the true problem was the leader.  That was certain.  

"Well ... I suppose I should at least mention this important detail first.  We do have sort of a leader..."
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Previous