Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

The Hunter and the Runaway (Phoenix and I)(M: L, S?)

Postby Jedi » 01/25/2016 9:13 PM

Shader

Stepping off the platform, Shader found himself in a whole new town. He had managed to bribe the train station clerk into disclosing her destination. It was however only a week after her escape that he'd managed to track her to the station. So he mingled among the station's merchants, asking if they'd seen the woman he was after. He didn't know why he was so furious at her. He'd fed and took care of her. He had even managed to give her a clean slate, dissuading the men sent to capture her. But she was the only one to escape his grip. Perhaps it was a matter of pride, that he'd never felt so betrayed. That he'd never felt so vulnerable before.

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Re: The Hunter and the Runaway (Phoenix and I)(M: L, S?)

Postby Kitsumi » 01/25/2016 9:25 PM

Noelle

"How long on that order, Ben?"

The woman leaned against the counter, taking advantage of the brief break in her work to wipe her hands on her apron. "I think the couple in that booth is getting a bit impatient." She jerked her thumb in the direction of the table she was waiting to serve, knowing that neither patron would be able to see her from behind the wall.

Grunting, the man in front of the grill shoved a plate her way. "Just finished. Don't forget to warn 'em - the plate and e'rything on it is gonna be hot."

Noelle grabbed the plate without reply. She hated this waitressing job, but she had to make money somehow.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby Jedi » 01/25/2016 9:45 PM

"Excuse me," he said to yet another merchant. He'd been wandering throughout the town, trying to find some lead as to where his target had gone off to. "I'm looking for someone. My sister wanted me to visit. I'm not sure where she went." The woman replied slowly, "Can you tell me what she looks like?" Shader thought back to when he'd last saw her. "Well, she's got green eyes, cherry red hair cut short." The woman rubbed her head, trying to think. "I believe I've seen her around here. I think she works around here." Shader lit up, the closest he'd gotten to her location all day. "Can you tell me where? I'd forgotten to ask her."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/25/2016 10:07 PM

Finally, Noelle's shift was over. She stepped outside the diner, shrugging into a long jacket that came down almost to her knees. After tucking her hair into a black beanie, she tucked her hands into the pockets of her jacket and hurried towards her apartment. Her roommate didn't get off work for another hour, which meant that Noelle could have some time to herself.

As she began walking home, she felt a hand on her arm. Instantly she stiffened, already trying to grab for the pepper spray she always carried around with her. But when her gaze rose, she relaxed as she recognized one of the young men she worked with. Her cheeks flushed slightly, her lips automatically turning up in a smile.

"Hey, Eric," she tried to keep her voice even, despite the increase in heart-rate. "Aren't you heading home?"

The man grinned. "I thought I'd offer you walk you home, first."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 01/26/2016 6:41 PM

Shader walked into the diner, taking the form of a young man. His hair was a short brown, his skin slightly tanned. His height was a little taller than Shader's actual height. He scanned the restaurant for his target, Noelle. Not able to find her, he found his way to an empty booth. Before too long, he was waited on by an older woman. He asked her for a simple sandwich and a coffee. When she returned a few minutes later with the food, he asked what the hours of the cafe were. Determined to find Noelle, he decided he'd show up about five hours earlier the next day.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/26/2016 6:52 PM

//I'm doing a time skip, so you actually have something to reply with :P

The next day, Noelle awoke to a text from Eric. It was obvious that in her short time in town, she had already gained an admirer. While she couldn't deny that she certainly felt something for the man, the woman wasn't ready to begin trusting others again. She was trying to keep things friendly...but it was difficult for her to do this on her own. Right now, she didn't even really trust her roommate.

Pulling her hair into a low, messy bun, Noelle straightened the uniform that the diner required her to wear. Then, she headed off to work. She would probably make it just in time for the lunch rush. Hopefully the diner would actually be well staffed today.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 01/26/2016 7:09 PM

Shader walked into the diner once again, adorning the same form he had the day he'd entered the day before. He was wearing a red polo shirt and blue jeans, along with a pair of brown sandals. He chose a different empty booth, getting a good view of the kitchen in case Noelle worked in the back. He grabbed the small pamphlet showing a few of the food options they had. There were a few that looked delicious. He just hoped that the redhead he was after would be his waitress for the day.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/31/2016 1:06 AM

Breezing in through the back door reserved for employees, Noelle waved to her manager, Marcy. "Hey, Marc. Business going well today?"

"Too well," the woman groaned, mopping sweat from her brow. "Thank goodness you're here! I've hardly been able to keep up with this crowd. Here are your tables," she handed the other woman a sticky note with a few numbers scribbled on it. "There's already someone seated at this one," she tapped one of the numbers. "So you should probably hop to it."

Nodding, Noelle grabbed her apron, hurriedly stuffing a few things in the pockets and then heading over to stand beside the man, who was wearing a red polo shirt. Offering a cheerful smile, she greeted him with enthusiasm. "Hi there! My name's Noelle, and I'll be your waitress today. Can I start you off with something to drink?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 01/31/2016 1:21 AM

He kept his face hidden behind the menu, despite that she wouldn't recognize his current face. Either way, he didn't want to risk her seeing his eyes following her. He watched as she entered and approached whom he guessed was her superior. He then turned his eyes back to the menu just before Noelle came towards him.

"Yeah, can I get a coffee for now? Black, if you will?" He closed the menu, but held onto it. Luckily, he had no real constants when it came to food or drink, so he'd be fine with anything without raising suspicion from her.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/31/2016 1:29 AM

Noelle scribbled the man's order of coffee onto her notepad. "Alright, I'll be right back out with that. Shall I bring you a water, too?" A strand of her red hair fell into her eyes, and she brushed it back. For the first time, she let herself really look at the man in front of her. There was nothing out of the ordinary with him. He didn't even seem to really be paying attention to her, which wasn't at all new. Most patrons wouldn't even remember what her face looked like after they left the diner.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 01/31/2016 1:36 AM

"Sure," he said ready to flip through the menu again a second time. "Water sounds fine." He browsed through the many different food options available, trying to keep from looking at her. He didn't want to give away his identity. Especially not now that he'd managed to find her. Once he finally figured out what he'd wanted to order, he left the menu open, reading the short description written about it. He kept staring at it until she'd return with his water. Or coffee. Whichever came first.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/31/2016 1:43 AM

"Alright then. Go ahead and look over the menu. I'll have those drinks right out." Noelle turned around and headed back towards the kitchen. She soon learned that two more of her tables were already filled with one party of two and one of four.

Heading back to her first table, the waitress set down a saucer with an empty cup and a dish full of cream. Sugar and artificial sweeteners were already on the table, behind the salt and pepper. Noelle filled the mug full of fresh coffee from the pot she held. "I'll be right back with that water, and to get your order." With that said, she hurried to get the drink orders from her other two tables.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 01/31/2016 3:22 PM

He set the menu to the side as Noelle placed the saucer and cup down. "Thank you," he said in a very casual tone. He watched as she poured the coffee for him. Noticing the steam made him realize it was just brewed. He'd have to give it a minute or two for it to cool down. As she left, he pulled and cup to him, lifting it enough for him to smell the fresh aroma. He didn't bother adding the cream, nor did he disturb the sugar or any of the other additives. He was just in the mood for a strong, black brew. After getting a good sense of the fragrance, he searched through the menu to refresh himself of what he wanted.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/31/2016 3:50 PM

After catering to the other customers, Noelle was able to stop back in front of the man within five minutes. She set his water down in front of him, dropping a straw beside it. "Are you ready to order? Our soup of the day is black bean. If you want to add a cup or bowl to your order, let me know soon. It's a pretty popular choice around here, I'm just warning you." She laughed lightly. The soup wasn't really too popular, but it was something Marcy had suggested she say. Small things like adding a side of soup to a meal always seemed to make the older woman happy.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 01/31/2016 4:05 PM

"No thank you," he said, slightly revolted by the thought of black beans. It wasn't so much that he didn't like them, as it was he couldn't stand the smell of it cooking in the back. He laughed along with her about it, though it was merely to stay in character. "Can I get... Big Jimmies Jacks?" He said the name slowly enough, trying to say it quite right. From the description, it said it had four flapjacks with butter and syrup, along with a side of pork breakfast sausages and biscuits and gravy. He closed the menu, showing that was all he wanted right now.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next