Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: The Hunter and the Runaway (Phoenix and I)(M: L, S?)

Postby Kitsumi » 01/31/2016 4:11 PM

"You must be having a late breakfast," Noelle guessed. "Or you just like breakfast for every meal of the day. Either way, you're in for a treat! Our flapjacks are the best around. But I don't have to tell you - you'll see for yourself." She hurriedly wrote down his order. "Do you want to add any fresh fruit or any sort of topping?" Once he had answered, she took the menu. "I'll get that order in right away."

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby Jedi » 01/31/2016 4:17 PM

He took a mental note of how cheerful she was being. She must just be putting up an act to please her customers and coworkers. Either that, or she was actually happy. That infuriated him, for some odd, unknown reason. But he kept his emotions and thoughts a secret from her, not even showing the faintest sign of distress. "If you've got blueberries, that'd be fine. Thank you, ma'am." He took his coffee as she walked away. It had cooled down enough for him to enjoy it. By the time she returned, he had managed to drink most of it. He had also placed the straw in the water and taken a sip or two of it.

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/31/2016 4:25 PM

After getting the rest of her customers their drinks and putting in their food orders, Noelle came back to her original customer. She held a pot of coffee in her hand, from which she refilled his mug. "Those flapjacks should be out in just a few minutes," she said. "And you're in luck! We happened to have just enough fresh blueberries left to top your flapjacks. They were pretty popular this morning, and our delivery hasn't come in yet."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 01/31/2016 4:37 PM

"I guess it's my lucky day then," he said, having more meaning than he said it with. It was indeed his lucky day, but not because of the blueberries, flapjacks or coffee. He had managed to find his target without raising any suspicion. He just had to find a way to get her alone. Not today, obviously, as it would raise too much public attention. He just took his topped off coffee and took a drink. "Thanks," he said with a kind of neutral smile.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/31/2016 4:45 PM

This customer was a bit...strange. He probably hadn't meant for Noelle to notice the subtle changes in his expression that showed the different emotions he was feeling, but she had seen them. In her time running, she had become quite observing, taking note of every small detail. And this man had seemed angry for apparently no reason, and then far happier for simple blueberry flapjacks.

Still, Noelle didn't have time to dwell on it. She had more customers to see to. She hurried off, returning only once the man's plate was ready. "Here you go," she said, setting it down in front of him.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 01/31/2016 4:58 PM

He grabbed a  fork and knife right away, but not before saying a quick "Thanks." He cut into the pancakes, trying to take his time. It was difficult, as this was the best food he'd had ever since she'd abandoned him a short while ago. He had been living off of rations since then, only purchasing the bare necessities he'd needed to survive. The taste was incredible, but he managed to keep from showing anything more than a dull appreciation for the food. When he'd finished his food, he checked the clock on the wall. He then set his empty coffee cup back on the saucer next to the dirty plate he'd eaten off of.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/31/2016 5:08 PM

Throughout the customer's meal, Noelle kept herself busy. She brought customers their orders, kept their drinks filled, and helped clean up where needed. When he seemed finished, she stopped by his table again. "Is there anything else you'd like? We have fresh ice cream from a local dairy. It'll likely be the best ice cream you ever have the pleasure of tasting, if you want to give it a try."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 01/31/2016 5:17 PM

Shader savored the last syrupy bite of pancakes as the waitress came over. He donned a soft smile as he saw her coming nearby. As for her offer of ice cream, his taste buds were all too happy to hear it. His stomach was screaming in decline however. He thought about it for a second, but denied. "That does sound good. But I think I'm just going to need the check." He took a sip of water to clear his throat and waited for the bill.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/31/2016 5:20 PM

"Sure," Noelle said. "I'll be right back with that." She didn't bother offering a box, since all that he had left on the plate was a trail of syrup. He had obviously had a big appetite.

A minute or so later, she returned with his bill. "Here you go. Payment is made at the register in front of the diner. Thanks for stopping in. Have a nice day!"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 02/01/2016 7:30 PM

"Thanks, you too," he said as she set down the bill. When he was sure that she wasn't looking, he grabbed a wad of five and one dollar bills and left if on the table. Shader then stood up slowly, grabbing the slip of paper. He brought it up to the counter and paid it in full and left the diner. On his way out he looked at her for a split second. Outside the diner, he walked down the street a bit, changed form to that of an elderly woman, then walked to sit on a bench across from the diner. He carried a newspaper, reading it while wasting the hours away, waiting for her shift to end.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 02/01/2016 8:34 PM

When her shift had finally ended, Noelle was exhausted. She had only worked six hours, but she had dealt with quite a few unruly customers. Her hair was falling out of its ponytail, and her uniform was covered in pasta sauce from a spill in the kitchen. As she walked out of the restaurant, she was barely able to lift her feet. The woman was far too exhausted to pay attention to her surroundings. She heard Eric's voice behind her, but was too busy to even turn around. He called once more, before seeming to give up.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 02/01/2016 9:27 PM

Hours had passed before Noelle had finally exited the diner. She seemed to be over-exhausted, almost to the point where Shader felt sorry for her. Almost. Had she never left, she wouldn't be stuck in this predicament. But now something seemed to surprise Shader. There was someone accompanying her on her way home. This was both bad and good. For now, Shader decided he'd just watch to see what they would do.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 02/01/2016 9:33 PM

While Noelle had thought that Eric had given up, she was soon proven wrong. His voice sounded again, this time right behind her.

"Hey, rough day, huh?" He sounded compassionate, and Noelle turned to face him. He was smiling, and immediately took her hand. "I saw you struggling in there. I thought you'd appreciate this." One arm had been hidden behind his back, and now he revealed a bouquet of flowers. He seemed a bit nervous as he waited for her to take them. "Uh, I hope it's okay for me to have gotten them for you?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 02/06/2016 10:32 PM

He watched them, walking several meters behind the two. He got suspicious at the sight of the man holding something behind his back. But he felt the relief wash over when the man revealed the flowers. But he was also consumed in jealousy at the man trying to woo his target. He knew eventually he'd have to take the form of this man who was accompanying her. He changed his form from the old woman, taking that of a small girl scout. He kept following them, walking a little closer so he could hear what they were saying.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 02/06/2016 10:40 PM

Noelle accepted the flowers happily. She felt bad for ignoring Eric at first, and decided to let him walk her home again. They talked a bit, until they made it to her apartment. That was when it happened.

"So...would you want to go out or something this weekend? There are a few new movies out. I remember hearing you say you liked horror." Eric grinned at her hopefully.

The woman balked. "I...I'm not sure." When she saw the disappointed look on his face, she tried to backpedal. "I mean, it depends on whether or not they need me to work Saturday. If they do, I'll probably be too tired to go out. But if not, I'd be more than happy to accompany you."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext