Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: My First Christmas! ...Kinda. [P: Me 'n' Zap]

Postby Freezair » 12/14/2016 1:56 PM

((Guess who's the literal worst?))

"Wow! It's really your birthday?" Noah marveled. "How super lucky is that? I think that's super great that worked out like that!" He grinned at Dukhaan, almost seeming proud of the older Lucain for having been born that particular day. The attendant lady smiled a gentle smile at them. Bestie's expression twitched and she patted below her beak with her wing, almost like a human scratching their chin. She seemed to be slowly catching on to the deception, though to her credit, she did seem to realize she shouldn't say anything out loud.

"That's wonderful," the attendant said. She knew she was being hoodwinked, but having suggested it, she didn't care. "All you have to do is fill out this simple card," she said, passing a small piece of paperwork on cardstock over. It asked for the usual things: Name, address, the falsified date of birth, phone number.

"That's all I need," she said. "Once you're done, I can ring you up."

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/19/2016 5:31 PM

((Not youuu xD I understand having to take long gaps between replies, don't worry!))

Dukhaan was a good liar, but he was not a good liar in front of girls. Never had been. He smiled nervously at the woman and took the card in question, peering at it. "Right, nice, I can do this," Dukhaan muttered to himself, grabbing an old chewed pen from his pocket and beginning to fill it out. He paused halfway through his address, eyeing the girl for a moment. "You're not gonna try to track me down at my house if it turns out some of this information might be... less than true... right?" Dukhaan cringed. Wow, he was bad at lying today. "Because, like, my mom doesn't need any trouble..."

Esfir blinked at Dukhaan, then at Noah, looking sheepish, and a little bit worried.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Freezair » 01/06/2017 4:58 PM

"I promise you, we won't send the trackers after you," she smiled. "Honestly, I know a lot of people who wrote their birthdays as being just after Christmas so they could spend their Christmas money here. Though..." She pointed to a small box on the card. "Don't check that if you don't want to get coupons in the mail. Saves paper and all that."

Slowly it seemed to be dawning on Noah as well that maybe, just maybe, it wasn't actually Dukhaan's birthday. But, like Bestie, he seemed to realize it was for the better not to say anything. He did feel a little uncomfortable--this was a lie, after all. But... was it a bad lie if the attendant lady agreed? It was more like a favor. And those were okay. Right?

"Thank you very much," the attendant lady said, taking the card. "Now, I'll just put you into the system, and we can get you all checked out!"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/03/2017 12:37 AM

Dukhaan finished up writing down his fabricated information, then glanced up at the girl with a sheepish smile before handing it over. "Thanks for the tip," he said with a small grin, truly thankful. This girl was alright. Dukhaan was glad there were still people around here who weren't all uptight and strict with rules. It was part of the reason he was avoiding school, lately.

Esfir was back to beaming, thinking the same thing as Noah. This seemed like a lie, but really, it seemed more like a favor, and Esfir was completely okay with favors. "Thanks so much!" he chirped, putting his chin on the counter (which was close to all that he could reach). "This is great--we can get Moony that gift now!" he whispered to Noah, bouncing on his toes in excitement.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Freezair » 04/08/2017 2:03 PM

With that, the attendant lady rang up the moon clock and took their money. She even wrapped it up for them like a present and wished them on their way, with a "Happy Christmas in July!"

With that, Noah fished out his own scrap of paper and looked at it. "Now for my Secret Giftee." He reminded himself of who she was: A 12-year-old Cavallion girl named Jeanie who wanted props for her magic show and a big stage to perform it on. Especially with an audience!

"What kinda props do you think a magic show needs?" Noah asked out loud.

"Oh, top hats, silk scarves, a cape... that sort of thing," Bestie replied.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/02/2017 11:26 PM

Esfir was elected unanimously by himself and himself alone to be the holder of the moon clock, the present held tight in his arms as he walked in between Dukhaan and Noah. His eyes were shining with satisfaction that they'd completed their first task. Now onto the next one!

"Oooh, that's a cool gift," Esfir said with brows raised. "You can just buy magic stuff?"

"Just props," Dukhaan said, then stopped himself from saying anything about magic not being real. No need for that kind of talk. "Right, so... got any idea if there's a shop nearby that'd sell that stuff?" he asked, sticking his hands in his pockets and squinting at the sun.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous