Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: Blind Date: Jordes x Glinda

Postby Freezair » 04/19/2017 2:46 PM

"I'm fine. Or I will be. Thanks for asking." Jordes, too, let out a rush of air. Glinda seemed to be trying to breathe calmly, in some sort of Yoga-like fashion. Probably a good idea, Jordes observed. She tried to copy what Glinda was doing. In-out. In-out.

As she listened, the fullness of what Glinda had really said hit her in the face. It had nothing to do with my real powers? She was just making an observation about me being nice? And I, of course, had to panic. Because I always do. I wouldn't be surprised if my... flare-up was because I did panic. It always seems to be that way. Loose my cool, my internal compass wants to flee to a different world, I start having visions of other places.

"...Let's sit down," Jordes said. She took the box of wrapped cake pops and nodded to the barista. "You got the waffle order, right? Come on..."

Jordes took her seat back and waited for Glinda to join her. "It's a bit... odd to me you think I'm kind. I tend to think of myself as... well... a bit cold. I see... a lot of ugly in this world. War. Poverty. People blindly following trends. I can't do anything about most of it except complain. But I suppose... I thought never being able to eat good food... was an ugly thing that had been done to you. And I thought it was an ugly thing I could fix, for once..."

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Re: Blind Date: Jordes x Glinda

Postby RiDragon » 05/02/2017 11:59 PM

Glinda hesitated before sitting.  So dirty, so many butts sat on these seats, and all of them...  Poor.

But wait, was that "nice."  She wanted to be "nice."  Like Jordes, Jordes was "Nice."  Whatever "Nice" meant.  She sat anyway, trying to hide her cringe.

Her eyes lit up at Jordes' words.  "Oh!  I toootally understand."  Her tail flicked, "Like, all these people, just doing all this bad stuff, y'know.  Why don't they like, get money?  It's easy!"  She grinned happily, glad to finally be having a real conversation.  "If they just got some money everything would be fixed.  So simple, I don't know why they can't!"

She sighed, resting her head on her gloved hands.  She tried not to think of the dirty table her elbows were touching.  "Well!  I guess you fixed one thing today, and maybe you'll fix another bad thing tomorrow, and the next day.  And maybe someone else will fix something ugly those days too.  Then eventually, if a bunch of people do it, everything will be fixed!  It's like uh...  The stock exchange.   I think.  Like when everyone buys something it gets more money and stuff."  Daddy tried to teach her about the stock exchange so that she could take care of herself one day.  It apparently didn't rub off much.

[Thank you for your patience with my posts.  <3]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700