Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Second Confession [P; L, S] [Complete]

Postby crow » 02/15/2017 8:35 AM

Saturday morning, alone in a company bathroom, Chan-ho was making himself up.

Chan-ho often did his own makeup anyway, to save time. He'd made friends with the make-up noonas when he was just a trainee, and they'd taught him the ropes, delighted to have someone to play with and fuss over. But a male idol necessitated a different touch than did... Chae-rin. That was the name he'd put on the Tinder profile. The colors were brighter, and the contour was gentler. And of course, the devil was always in the details--- that was what Min-ji always told him. He felt it now, staring unblinking at the mirror as he lined his eye with a steady hand. Blinking as he finished, he inspected himself, and carefully began on the other side.

When he was finished, he smiled at himself. From the mirror, a beautifully dolled-up girl smiled back. And alright, maybe her face was a bit fox-ish, and maybe her shoulders were a bit... wide. Standing up, Chan-ho knew he was too tall, but he'd already disclosed both his photos and his height. Apparently, Young-soo just didn't care.

He'd picked clothes to minimize his most masculine features. The loose blouse and cardigan disguised his shoulders and his modestly-padded chest; while the high-rise shorts showed off his legs and gave the illusion of curves to his waist and hips. His wig was impeccable, real hair that fell in brown waves past his shoulders. His purse matched his shoes. He winked at himself. He could do this. He was Chae-rin, man-slayer, and he was going on a date.

Chan-ho had half-expected someone to stop him and ask who he was as he walked out of the building, but no one did. Maybe his confidence was just that convincing; maybe someone had recognized him anyway. On the subway, people noticed, and for a terrifying moment he thought again that they had seen through him--- but then he met the gaze of a young man sitting across from him and flashed a smile, and was gratified to see him look away, flustered.

By the time he got to the cafe, he was having fun, throwing ever-flirtier looks at boys and occasionally earning glares from their girlfriends. By the time he got to the cafe, he was in the mood. It was really too bad this was all just to play a prank on poor unsuspecting Young-soo.

Well... Maybe he could convince someone else to take him on a real date after. The day was young.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Re: Normal Date: Young-soo x Chan-ho

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/15/2017 3:13 PM

Young-soo hadn't exactly meant to arrive so... early to the cafe in question. Punctuality wasn't something that he took pride in, nor fussed over, and it wasn't as though he'd planned it or anything. He wasn't about to admit that it was nerves, though. No, anything but that.

He checked himself in the restroom mirror one more time, looking up from washing his hands. He frowned slightly as he dried them, and forked a hand through his hair in attempts to make it cooperate. Perhaps it was cooperating just fine, but these nonexistent nerves of his were clouding his vision. He just needed to channel that nervousness--which wasn't there and never would be--into excitement. Young-soo was finally going to meet Chae-rin in person, after all. After today, he wouldn't just be all talk. After all this time of talking about Chae-rin nonstop to the rest of KUN-A, he'd finally have something to show for it.

Not that he particularly cared about that rather shallow thought. In all honesty, Young-soo's heart was beating faster than it had in awhile. He looked at himself in the mirror, letting the happiness of the situation wash away his fussing insecurities over his own appearance. He really liked this girl. He'd met her on Tinder, sure, but that didn't change the fact that his attraction to her was very real. The fact that it would be tangible within the next ten minutes was enough to send Young-soo darting out of the restroom to wait at the front of the cafe where they'd said they'd meet.

It was just in time, too, because the moment he half-stumbled out of the front door to the cafe was about the time that Chae-rin was walking up to it. Young-soo straightened sharply, clearing his throat as he tried to work out in his head how to speak human language because damn if she didn't look beautiful. He held his tied tongue until she was closer, finally managing to stammer out a semi-smooth, "Hey, great to see you made it," that contained about as much of a casual tone as he could muster.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby crow » 02/15/2017 4:31 PM

It took Chan-ho a moment to register the figure standing awkwardly in front of the cafe as Young-soo. It shouldn't have; Chan-ho had been rooming with him for almost two years now. It was just that he hadn't expected Young-soo to look so positively nervous. He could also tell that Young-soo had put in the effort to look nice, which was at once gratifying and hilarious. It took all of his considerable self control not to burst into giggles right then and there. It was kind of adorable, actually. Chan-ho was going to have to tease him about this later.

The moment of truth was approaching, though. As soon as he spoke, the gig would be up. Chan-ho's voice wasn't terribly deep, but it was still the one thing he couldn't fake. Putting on a soft, slightly breathy falsetto, he said, "Oppa~ It's so nice to finally see you."
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/16/2017 3:04 AM

Whatever reaction Chan-ho was expecting, it didn't seem to happen. Young-soo's face lit up with red at the girl's words. He was so flustered by the comment that he hadn't noticed anything off about the newcomer's words at all. "N-nice--l-likewise, yeah," he stammered out, looking completely caught off guard, though an almost goofy smile was on his face. He cleared his throat and shook his head slightly to clear it, mustering up all of his composure.

"I ah--I really like this cafe. I hope you do, too!" he offered, keeping his tone friendly and moving to open the door for her to walk inside. "I used to come here a lot when I was a kid, actually..." he trailed off, realizing he was talking too much, probably. What was all that about not having any nervousness? Yeah, what a joke.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby crow » 02/16/2017 3:06 AM

Chan-ho smiled, and waited for the other shoe to drop, but somehow... Somehow it didn't. Somehow Young-soo didn't immediately register that there was something wrong with Chae-rin's voice. For a moment, Chan-ho was stumped. The thing was, this was supposed to be the punchline, and so he hadn't really planned for anything past the opening act.

He could come clean now. He thought about it. But watching Young-soo stumble over like this, like he was flustered, as if Chan-ho could get under his skin like this just by putting on a disguise... That was just too good. What was the harm in keeping the ruse up a little longer?

He almost said, Yes, I know, you told me last time when we all came here together, but caught himself just in time. "Ooh, it's vintage then. You'll have to recommend me something! Oppa, what's your favorite drink?"
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/16/2017 3:21 AM

"Ah? Vintage? I'm not that old," Young-soo chuckled, eyes lighting up at her words. Gah, she needed to stop calling him that--he felt way too warm when she did it. What was that all about? Trying not to question himself, he tried to focus more on her question. "M-my favorite, ahh... wow, let me think, actually," he mused aloud, rubbing his nose slightly as they walked inside and he glanced up at the chalk menu with a few specials written on it.

He glanced at her out the corner of his eye, staring for a few moments. Gosh, she was pretty. Young-soo felt kind of underdressed, though he'd never really cared about something like that before. Is this what going on dates and interacting with girls meant? Fretting over dumb things like that?

Young-soo supposed he could get used to it. He smiled in spite of himself, then blinked, dithering. "Right, favorite drink... I actually really like the vanilla coffee milk latte. It's kind of basic, but they do it really well here." As it stood, it was nearly their turn to order.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/16/2017 5:16 AM

Chan-ho was sneaking glances at Young-soo too, though for completely different reasons. It was really hard not to laugh every time he stuttered, and if his ears got any redder, Chan-ho was pretty sure NASA would be able to see them from space. Hiding his smile behind his hand, he said, "Hmm, well, I guess that's true. My oppa's too cute to be old."

At the mention of his favorite drink, Chan-ho said, "Oh, that sounds good. I'll try it too." Sneaking a glance at the server, he ducked his head, moving closer to Young-soo's side and grabbing his arm. "Oppa, could you order for me? I'm feeling a bit shy today... I'll find us a place to sit, okay?" He put on a bit of a pout for good measure. In truth, he just didn't want to talk to the server; it might not have dawned on Young-soo yet, but Chan-ho's voice was still a dead giveaway. And now that he was committed, he sort of wanted to see just how far this prank would go.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/16/2017 4:02 PM

Christ, if she said that word one more time, Young-soo was going to have to actively ask her to stop. Which he really didn't want to do. A thousand times more, please? "Th-thanks," he managed to stammer, a genuine laugh touching his voice. Cute? Young-soo wasn't sure he'd ever been called cute. He sort of liked it, and it sort of irritated him at the same time. What an odd feeling.

His spine shot straight up when she grabbed his arm--first startled, and then awed by how... oddly familiar, oddly right it felt. "Y...yeah! Yeah, I can do that," he assured her with a small smile, stepping up to the server himself and pulling out some cash. "Hey--lemme get two of these, please..." he said, pointing to the names on the small menu sitting there at the counter, a little bit tongue-tied.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Normal Date: Young-soo x Chan-ho [L]

Postby crow » 02/16/2017 5:13 PM

Chan-ho felt Young-soo seize up, and for a moment he thought, Well, this is it, but almost immediately Young-soo relaxed again. Funny, that. Chan-ho, for his own part, was so used to grabbing people that it barely registered. He smiled, blew a kiss at Young-soo, and went off to find a seat. It was about mid-morning, so the place wasn't very full. He took a small, quaint-looking little table for two by the window, sitting so he could see the counter.

Taking out a compact, he inspected himself again and fixed his bangs, just as he'd seen girls do at cafes a million times over. Only now, while Young-soo was distracted, did he allow himself his usual wide, foxy grin. He hadn't missed how Young-soo's breath had caught whenever he'd said 'oppa'. He'd sort of suspected Young-soo would like that kind of thing, but he hadn't expected it to be so effective. Strictly speaking, if Chan-ho really was a girl, he wouldn't have called Young-soo that; they were the same age, after all. But that wouldn't have been as much fun, and fortunately for Chan-ho, he had deliberately made Chae-rin a little younger than himself on her profile.

Just to drive the knife home, when he spotted Young-soo carrying the drinks, he waved. "Oppa~ Over here~"
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/16/2017 9:00 PM

Oh come on. Young-soo blushed red when the Chae-rin called him over, making sure not to spill the drinks but damn if it wasn't difficult. Okay, maybe he should ask her to stop. This was getting incredibly embarrassing, no matter how much he liked it. Even so he couldn't stop the goofy smile on his face as he sat down across from her and set the drinks down with a light clatter. "You picked a pretty good spot!" he observed, looking out the window, then back at her.

"Tell me what you think of it. I mean, there's no way you'll hate it, but I'd like to know," he joked with a small grin, picking up his cup and drinking some of it with a sigh through his nose. "Mm..." No matter what, he couldn't seem to out with it that he wanted her to stop calling him that pet name--mostly because he didn't want her to stop, but it was really another thing entirely. Oh well...

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/16/2017 10:39 PM

Boy, Chan-ho almost felt sorry for Young-soo. He looked so happy, sitting at a table in a coffee shop with what he thought was a cute girl. Or any girl, actually. Chan-ho did wonder. He had done a good job with his disguise, but at the end of the day he was still a gangly boy in a wig. When the bubble popped--- and it had to eventually, right?--- he was going to be pretty disappointed. And of course Chan-ho was going to give him hell about it after, for not spotting the thread and for falling for such a vapid girl.

There was something... something about that last point that bothered him a little. That this kind of deliberate, played-up personality was his type, after all. But Chan-ho didn't dwell on that.

Taking a sip of his drink, he said, "Oppa, how is it for you? Meeting like this, I mean. Of course oppa is even cooler in person, but what do you think of me?" Laying it on thick, he cupped his face with both hands, framing himself in a cutesy imitation of a flower. "You're not disappointed, right?" He batted his lashes and smiled the sweetest, most cloyingly honeyed smile.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/16/2017 10:44 PM

Young-soo looked up from the rim of his cup to stare at Chae-rin, blinking at her question. He swallowed the drink in his mouth, a smile attempting to form on his face, but it was stopped by a strange feeling that he couldn't quite place. "No, not--at... all..." Young-soo trailed off as he seemed to finally register something, a slow turning of gears in his head as he stared at the overt parodical action and tone of voice.

...hold on.

Young-soo put down his cup and blinked, blank faced for a moment. "Are... do... do I know you from somewhere, actually?" he asked, and already there was a sense of rising dread in his voice, as though he knew the answer already and really didn't want to ask about it because it felt like something was suddenly about to give. He was leaning back in his chair slightly, as if to shy away from rational thought and realization. "I don't right? Nah, that's..."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/16/2017 10:55 PM

Ah. Chan-ho's smile slowly spread into a thoroughly familiar shit-eating grin. It might even have been a bit sinister if it wasn't so full of obvious mischief. It was the same grin he wore whenever he played jokes backstage, or when he was about to pull off a particularly tricky combo in a game, or even on occasion when he teased a fan. TK had once informed him that he went out of his way to avoid Chan-ho whenever he caught sight of that particular smile.

Wordlessly, Chan-ho reached up and grasped the wig, pulling it slowly up and off of his head, maintaining eye contact the entire time. His real hair, dyed a bright red for their latest comeback concept, fell free from the net. He swept back his his bangs with one hand, never taking his eyes off Young-soo's.

When he finally spoke, his voice was very much his own bright sunny tenor. "I don't know," he said. "Have we met?"
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/16/2017 11:07 PM

With each shift of that vulpine grin on Chae-rin's face--except it wasn't Chae-rin's face at all--Young-soo felt his stomach sink more and more. When the wig came off, he felt like something in him was dropped, maybe his heart or any other number of internal organs that just decided to stop working for a few seconds. He stared for a few beats, a myriad of emotions beginning to crack through the cold frozen feeling inside, and finally, he stood up with a jerk and a scrape of chair on floor. He was gone in seconds, rushing towards what looked like the bathroom of the place, his body flushed with embarrassment and nearly knocking into several customers on the way. The slam of the restroom door punctuated his escape.

The server glanced over the counter at the table that Young-soo had come from, and blinked at Chan-ho with wide eyes and raised brows. He slowly turned back to the customer in front of him, clearly not keen on getting involved in whatever nonsense was going on.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/17/2017 1:25 AM

Chan-ho watched Young-soo go, momentarily at a loss. As soon as the door slammed shut, however, he burst into laughter. He'd been expecting some kind of reaction, but he hadn't imagined Young-soo would just run off. It was so... dramatic! What with all his pretenses of being cool, Chan-ho had thought he'd get angry, or bluster something out. He hadn't expected Young-soo to be the flee-the-scene-immediately type.

And now that it was over, he could finally let himself laugh. Oh, the look on his face! And all the things he'd said, and the way he blushed--- all for Chan-ho in a wig. And makeup. Okay, it was really good makeup, and he'd actually put a lot of effort into the outfit, but still.

He ignored the stares of the other patrons and staff for the most part, though he flashed a wink here and there. It was maybe a good thing they'd only been out for a year. They weren't famous enough yet that people on the street could see their faces and make the connection.

Still, he couldn't go home looking like this. Well, he could put the wig back on--- and he did, fixing it until it looked more or less the way it should. But he also pulled out his cell and punched in a number. It rang three times before Min-ji picked up. "This had better be good, Chan-ho. You know I don't wake up before 3 PM on my days off."

"Noona~" said Chan-ho, unfazed by her greeting. "I'm gonna need you to pick me up. Listen, it's a bit of a long story, but you'll laugh, I promise..."
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next