Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: Normal Date: Young-soo x Chan-ho [L]

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/01/2017 11:38 AM

Young-soo's smile tugged a little wider at Chan-ho's lame comment, sitting down across from him. The booth was comfortable, and the view was pretty darn nice. Huh. Maybe Chan-ho did know how to act on a date. Keeping this thought to himself, Young-soo tilted his head curiously. "So this place is pretty out there--where'd you hear about it?" he asked, still not quite used to talking to the other boy after so long. It almost felt like he was trying to get to know a stranger. Of course that was bullshit, but Young-soo felt almost pleasantly out of place. "I like it," he added, wanting to make sure that was known. "This is really nice, man."

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby crow » 03/02/2017 12:45 AM

Chan-ho, taking a seat, waggled a finger as he shook his head. "Ah-ah. A man's gotta have his secrets, you know." Then he laughed. "Come on, give me a little credit. Even I spend some time uptown once in a while." Though maybe if Young-soo knew where Chan-ho had come from, he'd be a lot more surprised by it than he was.

The waiter came by with the menus, and Chan-ho immediately put down an order for a truly impressive-looking sushi roll, as well as a sashimi platter. The waiter noted down his choices before turning to Young-soo expectantly. "Go on, pick anything you like. Like I said before, my treat," said Chan-ho magnanimously. They were none of them rich quite yet; there was still the matter of the management company's investments to be paid off, and Chan-ho knew they wouldn't be making any real profit until later, if they managed to hit it big. But that didn't mean he was flat broke either, and paying for a meal was hardly beyond his means.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/02/2017 9:29 PM

Young-soo smirked at Chan-ho's answer, shrugging his shoulders dramatically. "Alright, you vague weirdo," he joked, chuckling slightly. Half of him felt bad for cutting up so easily--after being so absent for weeks, he felt the need to be... gentler. It wasn't coming naturally, though. "You can keep your secrets, then," he added with a slightly more friendly tone in his voice, a little less playful venom.

Ultimately, he decided to just order the same thing Chan-ho was ordering. He figured if Chan-ho had been there before, he probably knew what to get. "You... really don't have to pay for me, y'know. I can chip in a little bit," he offered with an awkward kind of smile that was not normal for a face like his. He fought the urge to run a hand through his hair out of nervous habit. Breaking it up now would make it look like a mess. "But if you're insisting it, there's no way I'm gonna argue about it. So last chance to split the bill," he added, shifting his legs underneath the table and accidentally bumping Chan-ho's feet with his own. He immediately pulled his in, an embarrassed light in his eyes. Why so adverse to touch, all of a sudden?

Maybe it was more that there was a new kind of fear of metaphorically stepping on toes (and literally, it seemed). After all of that shit he pulled, Young-soo was lucky that Chan-ho still cared enough to approach him. At least... that's how he read the situation. Sometimes Young-soo realized how little he knew about what went on inside Chan-ho's head.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby crow » 05/02/2017 11:56 PM

Chan-ho put up his hands, as if he could stop Young-soo's words with them. "No, I insist. What kind of date would I be if I let you pay?" He was determined to be a gentleman today. Though, watching Young-soo smile and fidget, he was beginning to wonder if that was the way to go after all... Young-soo wasn't mad at him anymore, which was good, but he still wasn't himself. Chan-ho watched him for a moment with just the slightest frown as their legs bumped together and Young-soo jerked back, almost visibly recoiling.

Was it... something he said? Sleep deprivation, maybe? This wasn't going to be as easy as he thought. His first instinct was, as it always was, to crack a joke, but he felt himself second-guessing that. Young-soo ignoring him this past month had really thrown everything on its head.

Maybe Young-soo wasn't the only one feeling out of sorts.

Still, he was determined not to let it get the best of him. He smiled again, more gently this time, and propped his cheek on one hand, elbow on the dark wood of the table. "Hey. Take it easy, okay? I mean, I said it was a date, but this doesn't have to be anything you don't want it to be. It's just me, you know?"
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Second Confession [P; L]

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/03/2017 9:35 PM

Young-soo blinked, his eyes traveling from the wood grain on the table to Chan-ho's elbow, then up to his face as the other boy spoke. He realized he was still tensed up. He let out a breath through his nose, letting his shoulders slacken ever so slightly as he really processed Chan-ho's words. He was silent for a few seconds, and his mouth spoke before his brain could give it permission. "Earnest looks good on you," he murmured, but there was a genuine softness to his voice, a smile even beginning to crack on his face.

"I know. Yeah. I'm fine... with this, I mean. This is pretty cool," he repeated himself, letting himself lean back in his chair, and as a result, his legs barely brushed the other's once more. He forced himself not to pull away this time. Young-soo and Chan-ho were always physical--there was nothing weird about it. Young-soo only wished his hammering, wild heart would believe him. "Yeesh, when's the food coming, huh?" he suddenly said, his old humor back, touched with an annoyance that sounded (and was) completely fake.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 05/10/2017 1:21 AM

Chan-ho blinked in surprise at Young-soo's words, before a a wide grin spread over his face. "Are you falling for me?" he said, his voice light and sing-song. He knew he wasn't supposed to flirt, but it was hard not to. "You're kinda cute today, huh? Not like usual."

It was maybe not the best thing to say, given the events that led up to their current predicament, but Chan-ho could only help himself so much. He hadn't expected Young-soo to go all shy on him like this, and it was honestly, unexpectedly endearing. It was natural to want to tease him, wasn't it? Just a little was fine, right...?

He was saved from having to dwell too long on the matter by the arrival of the food. It was perfect--- the waiter walked up right as Young-soo grumbled. Chan-ho laughed, head tilted back, at the serendipity of it. "Speak of the devil," he said, in a tone that was exaggeratedly grave. The waiter glanced at them, but said nothing, which was kind of impressive considering how much one could have found to say, if they'd wanted.

The roll was more monstrous in person than it had been on the photo: fatter, more filling, more sauce. There were crab legs sticking out of either end, almost like a threat. The sashimi platter was much tamer, the fish colorful and the presentation artfully arranged. Chan-ho picked up a set of chopsticks, and popped one into his mouth. "Don't mind if I do," he said, closing his eyes in an expression of absolute bliss.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/23/2017 1:31 PM

Young-soo's eyes widened slightly at Chan-ho, a frown threatening to capture his face, but it didn't quite make it. Instead, somehow, he laughed--a genuine titter of a nervous, but happy laugh. "Who's falling for who, huh?" he countered, smirking at Chan-ho's attempts at flirting. This was normal. This was more familiar. Young-soo was beginning to grow used to his restless heart, for the most part, and even welcomed its rapid flutter.

Thankfully, the food interrupted their back-and-forth before it could go somewhere that Young-soo wasn't ready to face. He eyed the food hungrily, and immediately reached for his own pair of chopsticks to grab up a piece of the prettily decorated sashimi platter dish. He hummed as he ate it, sighing. At least his brain could handle this, eating took his mind off the buzzing beehive thoughts that were milling about his brain. His knee shifted, leg barely brushing against Chan-ho's as he ate. "Alright, this stuff's good. Really good. I can see why you like this place. That roll, though, that looks intimidating."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 05/26/2017 3:12 AM

Chan-ho didn't say anything this time, only smiled as he ate, but he was genuinely glad to see the strange atmosphere dissipate a little. It was just him, after all. The point of tonight was to have things go back to normal, and for the first time since the night began, it felt as if it could really happen.

"Of course it is. Who do you think you're dealing with here?" said Chan-ho, momentarily feigning an affronted look. It gave way immediately to a mischievous one, however, as Young-soo mentioned the roll. "Wanna make a bet? Let's see who can finish a piece first. Everything in one bite, and if you choke, you lose." He waggled his brows outrageously at that. "Winner gets a wish."

Truth be told, he hadn't expected Young-soo to order the same thing as he did. Chan-ho had chosen it mostly out of habit; he liked it, but eating oversized food and laughing at each other about it was mostly something he did with his drinking friends, the ones who weren't idols. Half the fun was watching the pretty boy from all the music shows make a mess of himself, but it was a nice way to let go.

This place was probably a bit too classy for stuff like that, but it wasn't like this was something they could get kicked out over. Plus there was a part of him that wanted to see Young-soo make a mess of himself too.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/05/2017 1:49 AM

Young-soo's eyes widened at the challenge, pupils darting over to the roll to size it up. He opened his mouth, then closed it, the thought of denying such a dare going against everything he stood for. "You're on," he said, already reaching for the utensils to cut himself a sizable piece. Holding it up... god, that was intimidating.

"If I choke, though, you're giving me CPR," he shot back, realizing the implications of the jab and finding himself strangely not caring. Without looking or waiting for Chan-ho's response, Young-soo opened his mouth wide and managed to get it around the widest part of the roll piece, the spicy taste making his mouth water. He made a kind of awkward noise in the back of his throat, wishing Chan-ho's eyes weren't on him as he managed to somewhat close his mouth, saliva dribbling down his chin. Shit, gross, gross, he looked so stupid--that thought made him cringe, a choking sound escaping him that dissolved into close-mouthed coughs, attempting to chew as he held a fist in front of his mouth and banged the table lightly with his other fist. He shakily formed a thumbs-up with that same hand, eyes watering as he stared Chan-ho down, and swallowed.

One life-threatening bite later, he took a sip of his drink and opened his mouth to show Chan-ho. "Ahl gangh," he said, tongue out, then closed it with a smirk, looking at the other expectantly. The piece he'd taken hadn't even had any crab legs--so he knew that he'd taken a tactically easy route.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 06/05/2017 2:23 AM

Chan-ho's smirk grew as Young-soo hesitated, but his eyes widened when Young-soo went for it anyway, lifting a piece to his mouth. As for what came after... He didn't know whether to laugh or to wince. He settled for staring. He didn't even bother to disguise his amazement, bordering on horror, as Young-soo choked down the roll, seemingly heedless of the mix of sauce and saliva dripping down his chin.

There was a moral here, probably. Be careful what you wish for, or something like that. The face Young-soo had made, and the noises... Chan-ho closed his eyes a moment to collect himself, certain that whatever came to mind as a first response was going to be wildly inappropriate. He opened them to find Young-soo sticking out his tongue, which wasn't really better.

But then Young-soo sat back, the picture of smugness, and the moment was gone. Chan-ho laughed, grabbing for a napkin. His hand was half-way to Young-soo's face before he caught himself, and merely held it out in offering instead. "It's not CPR, but here," he said, then shook his head. "Man, I didn't think you were going to just go for it like that. Guess it's my turn now."
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/05/2017 2:42 AM

Young-soo eyed the napkin as it came towards his face, then stopped halfway. Disappointing, was the word that came to mind, and Young-soo mentally tore it away and took the napkin with a small grin. "Yup, a dare's a dare," he said, wiping his mouth and making himself a tiny bit more presentable. He hadn't quite been able to decipher Chan-ho's expression upon being able to open his eyes again, but he tried not to think about it. He just tried to commit it to memory for later. There was something wonderful about that slack-jawed with shock expression, specifically on the other boy.

"Alright. Go for it. Just so you know, I don't know CPR, so you're definitely going to die if you choke," he teased, leaning on his elbows, forward, as if ready to watch his favorite show--but the expression on his face was one of smirking challenge, hiding a slight worry buried deep. He didn't actually want Chan-ho to choke. But he didn't want to lose this contest, either.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 06/05/2017 3:07 AM

Chan-ho shrugged, deliberately nonchalant. "It doesn't have to be CPR. You can try the Heimlich Maneuver." He managed one more suggestive smile before picking up a piece of his own sushi roll and considering it. The placement of the sauce along the top made things more difficult, as did the fact that the pieces were cut wide. He took a breath, preparing himself, then shoved it horizontally, toppings first, into his open mouth.

It helped that he had practice at this. The immediate wave of taste, salt and sweet and spice, was too overpowering to be good, but he got most of it in before he ran out of room and had to start chewing. He felt a familiar kick building in his diaphragm as rice pressed against the back of his throat, but he suppressed it methodically. The breath he'd taken earlier strained at his lungs, but he held out, one hand shielding his mouth from view while the other pressed itself flat against the top of the table. His eyes watered, but only a little, and he only coughed once.

Once he had chewed it up a bit, it was easier. He was still a sight, his cheeks filled out like a squirrel and chewing furiously, but the imminent pressure of death had passed. And the potential for that Heimlich. Chan-ho swallowed, and swallowed again, before sticking out his own tongue for proof. Deciding then that he wanted a little revenge, Chan-ho locked eyes with Young-soo as he licked the sauce off his own lips, and then his hand, one finger at a time.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/21/2017 2:17 AM

Young-soo zoned out for a few seconds as he mentally mulled over giving Chan-ho the Heimlich in a public restaurant, then blinked out of it when Chan-ho began picking his poison, as it were. He eyed the piece that Chan-ho picked, internally blanching. It was bigger than the piece he'd grabbed, which meant if Chan-ho succeeded, he would have to one-up him. Praying that the other boy would give up, Young-soo watched wide-eyed as Chan-ho guided the slice into his mouth.

He didn't... really mean to stare. Strangely enough, though, he could only find a tick of anxiety rising steadily inside his chest, clawing up and tightening his spice-burned throat as he watched Chan-ho struggle with it. His hands hovered in the air slightly, as if wanting to help (or being prepared to do so), then lowered them again again when he saw Chan-ho was going to be fine. He let out a breath, his expression nervous and troubled, then forced a small laugh as he smoothed the crease between his brows. The small prickle of, damn it, arousal, didn't help his nerves either as he watched pink tongue flick at the sauce on Chan-ho's fingers. "Jeez, okay, nice job..." he murmured, then shrugged. "Guess we tied? We... probably shouldn't do that again. One of us might actually choke or something." He wasn't sure where this was coming from. He was supposed to be up for anything, right? So why all this hesitation? Young-soo wasn't sure of himself, suddenly.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 06/21/2017 2:48 AM

Chan-ho was grinning by the time he was finished cleaning off his hand, having noticed Young-soo's unsettled gaze trained on him all the while. "Like what you see?" he said, arching a brow.

Whatever else he might have said, however, vanished in the face of Young-soo's declaration of a tie. "What? Hell, no! If you chicken out, then I win," he said. His indignation was mostly feigned, but he kept going, riding the momentum of the statement as he pointed at one of the end pieces on Young-soo's plate. The legs sticking out of it curled up at them like something out of hell. "I triple-dog-dare you to try that one." He felt like he was six again as he said it, but hey, maturity had never been a strong point in their friendship. In a way, this was what was easiest--- joking around, being obnoxious. Which was what they both wanted, right? His plan was flawless, and there was absolutely no way this could possibly go wrong.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/24/2017 1:58 AM

The air of acceptance that had been collecting around Young-soo dissipated like a fine mist in the harsh sun of Chan-ho's shit-eating grin. Triple-dog-dare? What was he, a kid? Even so, letting Chan-ho win on such terms (and with THAT facial expression) wasn't going to work. Fine, then, he could do this. Yeah, that piece looked fine. Totally safe to swallow in one bite.

Young-soo attacked the thing with his chopsticks, getting it in a grip and bringing it to his mouth with such speed that he hoped Chan-ho wouldn't be able to react until the act had already started. Unfortunately, the speed was his downfall--spice hit the back of his throat, sharp crab shell poked something tender in the back-roof of his mouth, and before he could stop it, the thing was halfway down his throat and he was very visibly in danger. Young-soo grabbed at the table and tried to beat his own chest weakly, choking and gagging around the food in an almost comical way, if not for the fact that he couldn't seem to breathe properly.

They were getting more than a few startled stares now, one person even halfway getting out of their chair to get a better view, or move in if the situation looked worse.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext