Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: Normal Date: Young-soo x Chan-ho [L]

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/17/2017 1:34 AM

No way. No way no way no way in hell did that just happen. Young-soo had holed himself up in one of the bathroom stalls, pacing back and forth in the tiny three-steps-wide space before he finally stopped and stared hard at the stall door. His brain kept playing that sequence of realization and reveal over and over no matter how much he tried to shut it out.

Chan-ho was a dick. A real, bonafide, major dick. Young-soo hated him, in that moment.

The realization, which settled in far too late for its own good, that this wasn't just a one-day prank--that Chae-rin was not real, was never real, and had always been Chan-ho--made him slowly sink down to slump onto the toilet seat, bending over to put his head in his hands. Geez... the other guys would laugh at him. Chan-ho would tell all of them with that shit-eating grin of his, and they'd never let Young-soo live it down. His face burned against his palms, every part of him thrumming with the desire to just disappear.

He wasn't sure how long he stayed in that restroom stall, but it was only that he got a few curious texts as to his whereabouts and how the date was going from Nathan, who clearly had not heard the news yet or he would've definitely mentioned it. Young-soo typed out a short-tempered reply that he'd be back soon, anger slowly beginning to replace the embarrassment in his heart.

And he preferred it.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby crow » 02/17/2017 3:04 AM

Chan-ho arrived home first. He was kind of surprised about that, considering he'd had to stop over at Min-ji's so he could change and bury the evidence. Metaphorically, of course. It would be a crime to bury perfectly good clothes, even if he was probably never going to wear them again. But when he walked into the dorm, and tried to look like he wasn't looking out for Young-soo, he quickly found that there was no Young-soo to look for.

In fact, it was pretty empty for a Saturday. Nathan and Ji-sung were doing their own things in the living room. The only one he saw in the bedroom when he poked his head in was TK, who was curled up on a bottom bunk reading a comic magazine. He didn't so much as look up when Chan-ho flopped into the bunk beside him. "TK," he said, "you're not going to believe what happened."

"Hyung got kidnapped by alien robots and I'm talking to his replacement clone right now," said TK in his soft airy voice, without missing a beat. Chan-ho frowned, and leaned over to check the cover of the magazine he was reading, but as far as he could tell, it was some kind of shojo anthology. His frown deepened.

"Why do you have to shut me down like that?" he whined. No response. He pouted, wriggled forward a bit, and propped his chin up on his hands. "What are you reading?" he said, changing tack. Actually, maybe it was for the best he didn't tell this story just yet. "Anything in there about a crossdressing heroine?"
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/17/2017 3:08 AM

Nathan and Ji-sung glanced up at Chan-ho as the boy came in and passed by them. Nathan gave a small wave while Ji-sung stayed buried in the book he was reading, too engrossed to notice. Things settled into relative quiet for awhile, until suddenly the sound of brisk footsteps was heard outside, and the door slammed open with a force that made Ji-sung audibly yelp and straighten his spine. A glowering Young-soo stood in the doorway, wordless, and Nathan eyed him warily before giving a slight nod. Young-soo stared at him for a moment, leering, then sniffed and stalked towards the bathroom. He needed a shower.

Nathan waited for things to fall silent again (and then the creaking of the pipes signifying that the shower had turned on) before turning to Ji-sung owlishly. "You okay?" he asked, and the smaller boy nodded, letting out a tense breath before relaxing more fully. "Think he's okay?"

"Not sure, honestly," Ji-sung whispered back. "Sometimes he's in a bad mood and all... but this looked kind of serious." Nathan hummed soft under his breath in thought, then put down the small handheld gaming device he'd been fiddling with to poke his head into the bedroom where TK and Chan-ho were.

"Hey. Either of you two know what's eating at Young-soo?" Nathan asked, eyes darting between the two. "He just came in, and... well. Something seemed up."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby crow » 02/17/2017 3:10 AM

Chan-ho jumped slightly when the door slammed open, tensing out of habit despite himself. Even TK looked up from his book at last, though in his case it was more with the unfocused gaze of a just-woken koala. They both watched as Young-soo walked in, then stalked off toward the bathroom. TK shrugged when Nathan came in to ask after Young-soo.

Chan-ho briefly considered his options. This was his chance to tell them everything--- he had an interested audience now, like he'd wanted. But the thing was... Young-soo had a bit of a temper sometimes, but it usually wasn't that bad. And there was something in him that couldn't quite bring himself to say it, after all.

So he shrugged too. "If it gets bad we can call Hyun-jin hyung," he said. He had to remind himself not to say anything more; it was his usual nature to ignore this kind of thing until it passed, and he didn't want to give himself away by trying too hard to deflect.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/17/2017 3:17 AM

Nathan eyed Chan-ho for a long moment, as if he were trying to figure something out. He shifted, opened his mouth to speak, before Ji-sung's lavender hair popped up over his shoulder to peer at the other two. "That's true," he piped, catching the tail-end of Chan-ho's words. "He's pretty good at diffusing things..."

Nathan shrugged, letting his thoughts diffuse in kind. No need to make assumptions. "Where were you all day, Chan-ho?" he asked, hands sliding into his pockets as he leaned against the doorframe.

"Don't be nosy just because we decided to stay home," Ji-sung chuckled slightly, barely elbowing Nathan in the arm. The older looked at Ji-sung with a questioning frown, and the smaller of the two quickly shut up, clearing his throat and skulking back over to his book. He was on a good chapter, anyhow...

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/17/2017 3:19 AM

Oh, that one was easy. "I went to Min-ji noona's," Chan-ho said in his usual breezy manner. "Why? Do you want all the juicy details?" He smiled and waggled his brows.

"Min-ji noona said she'd eat a rock before she would date you," said TK. "Was it a small one? Are her teeth okay? If she needs them replaced, I know someone."

"Eugh, you're such a killjoy today," said Chan-ho, shoving TK's forehead back with a finger. "Alright, fine, we just watched a movie. Seung-min hyung would kill me if I started dating anyway." Of their two managers, Seung-min was the more brusque, and he had made it clear that any kind of escapade that might lead to scandal was strictly forbidden.

Sitting up, he hugged a pillow loosely to his chest. "So, since you guys didn't have dates, what did you homebodies get up to?"
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/17/2017 3:40 AM

Nathan seemed relatively convinced, or at least satisfied with the answer. Even so, he had his suspicions, and he took note of the sound of the shower being turned off in the bathroom. He blinked as he heard Ji-sung chuckle from the other room at TK's words, then turned back to Chan-ho with a kind of half smile. "I went out for a bit, grabbed some early lunch, then sat in that chair with my PSP until you came home, honestly. Ji-sung, come back over here. Quit being antisocial, yeah?"

Ji-sung was at Nathan's side in a few moments, book tucked under his arm, then pushed past to sit on his bunk in the bedroom with a small smile. "I've been reading this book--it's really good, and all, but it's long for sure. And the weird music from Nathan's game doesn't make it much easier to read..."

"Project DIVA is not that weird," Nathan snapped, face a bit pink. Suddenly, the bathroom door opened, and a rather flat-stared Young-soo appeared with towel-dried damp hair. He walked past the others straight to his bed, climbing up the ladder wordlessly and flopping down on his top bunk--right above Chan-ho. "A-anyway," Nathan tried to continue on, not wanting the atmosphere to get too heavy. "Yeah, lazy day. Guess we deserve it, but I feel kinda bad for not doing much of anything. Glad you had fun, at any rate, Chan-ho." Ji-sung blinked; he could've sworn he heard something from the top bunk above Chan-ho, like a sharp exhale of air, derisive and maybe a little bit panicked.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/17/2017 5:23 AM

"Read here," said TK. "I can't hear anything."

"You also slept through a fire alarm once," Chan-ho pointed out. "We caught it on film and everything, when we were doing KUNA's Survival Guide." It was a meme for a few weeks after the episode aired, even.

TK gave a shrug. He was about to go back to his book when the bathroom door opened. Not even he could quite resist staring at Young-soo as he came in. Chan-ho, who might otherwise not have dared to look, went with the flow and followed suit. He tried not to flinch when Young-soo flopped down hard into the bunk above his, and almost, almost succeeded.

As it became apparent that Young-soo was determined to ignore them, however, Chan-ho shifted off the bed to throw an arm around both Nathan and Ji-sung. "Well, if you're bored, how about we go to the karaoke? Or I heard there's this new arcade that opened near our company building. They have VR machines and everything! What do you say?"
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/17/2017 2:04 PM

Young-soo's mouth thinned with anger at Chan-ho's voice, something burning in his stomach and rising up inside of him. At least if they agreed, he could be alone. God, he'd give anything for that.

"Eh? Karaoke?" Ji-sung perked up slightly, still sensing a sharp tension in the air, but deciding that getting away from it might be best. Young-soo seemed prickly, and even when not prickly he tended to set Ji-sung on mild edge, so he was fine with getting out for a bit. "I-I'm game, yeah! Sure!"

Nathan grinned, clearly just pleased to be included in something, cheek brushing Chan-ho's arm as he shifted to glance up at Young-soo's bunk. "Young-soo? You wanna come?"

Young-soo froze for a few seconds, then drew in a deep breath through his nose and let it out. He had no problem with Nathan. "Nah. No thanks. You have fun."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/17/2017 5:13 PM

"Huh? But Chan-ie hyung and Soo hyung are married," said TK, clearly puzzled by Young-soo's refusal. It... wasn't the phrasing Chan-ho would have chosen, except as a joke, but he did understand the sentiment, a little. A lot of the time, fooling around with Chan-ho was what got Young-soo out of his bad moods. Now was... definitely not one of those times, however.

Chan-ho released the other two and moved to collar TK before he could say anything else. "Then you'll have to replace him for today, kiddo. Come on. I'm not taking no for an answer," he said. TK flailed, but TK was tiny. Even Chan-ho could drag him around. "Come on! Karaoke~ There's that new GFriend song, I think I've got all the lyrics memorized..."
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/17/2017 5:32 PM

Young-soo was glad that the lot of them were leaving, because after a comment like that, he was fairly sure he couldn't trust his words or actions around any of them. He listened tensely until he heard the door shut and the noise fade. Then, he turned and shoved his face into his pillow, biting down on the inside of his cheek hard to try to stifle the yell of frustration and embarrassment he wanted to let out. At least he'd gotten all of his stupid crying done back in that bathroom stall. Tears over what, over Chan-ho? Over a girl that never existed? Over the fact that Chan-ho looked... so good, and even after the horror of seeing him underneath the disguise, he still looked good and fuck it all, why was he like this. Why?

He'd avoid him. Young-soo would just remove himself from Chan-ho--that would solve things. Starve the anger, starve the odd cloying feeling that wouldn't let go of his chest, and prayerfully, Chan-ho wouldn't say anything to the others.

But who was he kidding? Of course Chan-ho would tell the others. He'd probably tell them while they were out singing karaoke. Damn it.

Letting out a noise that sounded like a pitiful kind of growl, Young-soo shot up in bed and was out of it in seconds. He needed to go to the gym or something, no matter how dumb working out after a shower was. He could always take another one. He'd take as many as he had to to wash off the feeling of Chan-ho's Chae-rin-esque grip on his arm.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/19/2017 2:16 AM

Three weeks after the prank, and really, if someone asked about what was going on with him and Young-soo one more time, Chan-ho was going to lose it.

Though to be fair, it wasn't as if he couldn't see it coming. He and Young-soo were friends. It was a known fact among both the group members and the public at large, so of course they would notice if the two of them started avoiding each other. Or, you know, if Young-soo started avoiding Chan-ho, anyway. Chan-ho was a live and let live sort of guy. Yeah, sure, he liked the limelight, but he wasn't about to force himself where he clearly wasn't wanted.

What puzzled him was that he wasn't wanted. And it wasn't like he hadn't tried to test the waters either--- greetings when he came back into the dorm, nudging his shoulder to show him something funny he found on a fansite, the kind of little nothings that could be brushed off without raising a fuss. Chan-ho wasn't blind. He could tell Young-soo was pissed. He just hadn't expected it to last more than a little while.

But the more it dragged on, the more he could see other people watching him. Their worried looks ate at him until it was almost a physical itch. If you want to say it, just say it, he thought. And then they did, which wasn't any better.

"Hey, are you doing okay?" Hyun-jin--- because of course it was Hyun-jin--- started off nonspecific, and Chan-ho, perhaps out of frustration, responded in kind, until it wasn't 'are you okay' anymore but 'did something happen between you two' and 'I'm really worried about you'. It came from a good place, but it got to the point where Chan-ho started wondering if he was going to have to start avoiding Hyun-jin like Young-soo was avoiding him.

TK's approach was more direct, in that screwball TK kind of way. Sitting on the edge of Chan-ho's bunk, TK had shaken him awake at something like 4 AM and whispered, "Hyung, I can't marry you, okay? I really can't do it. So you and Soo hyung should hurry and stop fighting." At least he kept his voice down this time. Chan-ho had made a vague, indistinct noise and gone right back to sleep, because TK always made it easy. That was why he liked TK. But TK was watching them too, and TK didn't watch people, not really. So that meant it must have been pretty bad.

Even Jae noticed, which was really funny actually, because as a general rule Jae tried not to think about Young-soo's existence more than strictly necessary. It was better than it used to be, but he still wasn't exactly Young-soo's number one fan. After the sixth or tenth brush-off, he'd eyed Chan-ho and said, "Hyung." He didn't say anything else. He didn't have to. By that point Chan-ho was perfectly aware of what he was thinking--- what they were all thinking.

So he'd waited, until it was just him and Young-soo in the dorms again. Separate rooms, of course, as had become their habit in recent weeks. But Chan-ho took a deep breath and pushed up his usual smile, and walked into the living room. "Young-soo," he said. "Young-soo. Earth to Young-soo. You haven't gone deaf from your in-ears, have you?"
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/20/2017 11:10 PM

Young-soo hated whatever fate had decided that the song he was listening to would end right as Chan-ho walked in. If not for that impeccable timing, he would've have heard the other boy's voice, and thus would have been able to completely ignore him without any of the repercussions that were starting to weigh on his chest.

In all honesty, Young-soo wasn't sure if he was mad anymore or not. But this was easier than engaging. Easier than talking it out. The embarrassment of the whole situation still spiked anxiety in him whenever he saw Chan-ho, always expecting him to bring it up again.

And those feelings hadn't left. Damn it. Young-soo slowly pushed himself up from his laying position on the couch and took out his headphones, staring down at the tangled wire of them in his lap for a few moments before finally lifting his head to fix Chan-ho with a wary stare. The smile on the boy's face threatened to unguard him, but all he could see was that vulpine grin framed in makeup that had really been too well done (and what gave him the right to look so good in it anyhow), making his mouth twitch into a frown. He fought for some kind of come-back, but it didn't happen. He hated that.

It struck him that a very secret part of him wanted Chan-ho to be very bothered by his silence. But it almost looked like Chan-ho wasn't bothered at all. Cramming his earbuds into his pocket, Young-soo stood up without answering, looking like he was headed towards the bathroom--but in order to get there, he would have to go around Chan-ho. That might be a problem. Either way, as he approached, his eyes seemed to look past Chan-ho rather than acknowledge him.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/20/2017 11:27 PM

Chan-ho was a nice guy. Really, he was. Sure, he wasn't the same kind of nice that Hyun-jin was, and maybe he didn't think things through as much as he should have, but he was good to his fans, and he didn't do things out of spite. Mostly. And he'd played nice here too, as long as he could. Okay, so maybe he felt a little guilty--- and puzzled at the guilt, at the overblown proportions of the fallout to the joke--- and maybe he hadn't tried as hard as he could have because he didn't want to deal with it. He'd been hopeful, even, when Young-soo had taken out his ear buds and looked up, really looked up at him. But then Young-soo had gone right back to how it had been, brushing past him like Chan-ho didn't exist.

Chan-ho's jaw tightened. This had gone on too long, and he didn't have to play nice.

"Young-soo," he said, his voice going straight past cajoling and into sing-song, a last little warning before his mercy was at an end. His lips thinned, and there was just a moment's pause as he gathered his breath.

"Oppa."

It was quiet, not the same over bright tone he had used in the cafe. But he let a little of his falsetto creep into it, and he knew he had spoken loud enough for Young-soo to hear. His eyes were fixed on the other boy, expectant, the playful light for once no longer present. He had seated himself on the edge of the couch, almost instinctively making himself smaller, less intimidating, despite the fact that Young-soo had an inch on him even when they were both standing, but his stance was wary too. Waiting, to see what would come of his gambit.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/21/2017 1:12 AM

The little spike of anger that rose up in his chest as Chan-ho called his name was immediately wrenched downwards, the pit of his stomach twisting with a mixture of extreme discomfort and ah, say that again please. He froze, weighing his options for a moment in a brilliant burst of rational thought. Keep walking. Talk. Hit him.

Throttle him.

Young-soo whirled around with a clumsy, but alarming speed, a fire blazing in his eyes as a hand shot out to grab the collar of Chan-ho's shirt and jerk him roughly to his feet. He was silent for a few seconds, just breathing in and out of his nose, trying to form his free hand into a fist. No one was inside. He could really... punch him... if he could just raise his hand...

Young-soo realized he'd been staring far too intently at Chan-ho's face with his own heated version of a lost expression. He blinked once, fingers automatically beginning to loosen even so slightly in the fabric of Chan-ho's collar. "Fuck," he muttered softly, eyes drifting away to stare at the floor between them. His hand didn't move. There wasn't an ounce of humor in his voice--it almost sounded shaky, really. "You're the worst."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext