Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: Date: Dee/Liam

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/01/2017 10:06 PM

While there was no need to apologize, the APL did not say so. It was simply a matter of fact that APLs didn't have flesh and blood families. They were created in laboratories, after all. Although, truthfully, most APLs were considered relatives. At least, all of the prototypes. She could have said she had cousins, or maybe brothers and sisters, but she hadn't actually communicated with any of the others. Not yet. Additionally, it was possible that she could have a family of her own, although it was through a method yet to be tested.

Either way, it was better for Liam to believe that she didn't have family at all for some likely tragic reason. It seemed to deter him from asking for more details. So Dee remained quiet.

That was, until he pointed out the boutique. She didn't take the price into account, seeing as she had no intention of letting Liam pay for her shopping venture. Drinks and such, she could agree to that, as it was a date, and that was acceptable behavior for such things. But buying a marked up dress? No, that wouldn't happen. That was too much, especially for a first date, and especially with the fact that she would probably never see him again.

"Ah, I might be able to find something here," she declared. Shoes, dresses, there was enough in the display windows to draw her attention.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby Mojave » 03/05/2017 3:31 PM

He opened the door for her and followed her inside. Without knowing she intended to buy whatever she found herself, there wasn't much to argue about. He'd already decided he couldn't retract his offer of checking the place out. However, if he had known how resolute she was that he would not buy her whatever she found, things probably wouldn't have gone well for them. Liam could be quite hardheaded and he was determined to buy her something to commemorate their first date.

Once they were inside, they were greeted warmly by the staff. Some ladies came forward to wisk Dee away to the fitting rooms, "to take her measurements" they said. A gentleman came forward and led Liam to some chairs outside the fitting rooms and put asked him his choice of drink- brandy, scotch, or whiskey. Liam was unused to such service, but instantly saw through it. Keep the man drunk and he would agree to whatever the lady wished to buy. He politely declined the offer and sat back in the comfortable chair, picking a magazine from the rack to peruse until Dee needed him.
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/09/2017 11:24 PM

Dee was surprised to find herself whisked away as soon as she stepped inside, without so much as being able to give a word of parting to Liam. She was soon surrounded by a whirlwind of hands, clothes, and measuring tapes, as they staff helped her dress down, for the most accurate of measurements, and then as they took each measurement and jotted it down. It was a fairly quick process, and the APL didn't object, since it was just another thing she could add to her list of experiences. One of the women made the comment that, "With measurements like these, you could be a model." And, of course, then began to suspect exactly that.

They offered, then, to bring outfits to her that they thought would be suitable for her, but she quickly declined. "No, thank you. I'd much rather browse your selection on my own. If I need something in my size, I trust you'll be able to find it?" It seemed as though at least one of them wanted to object in letting her pursue their wares on their own, but the APL adamantly insisted. After dressing back up in her clothes, she escaped the fitting rooms, and began to look around.

She was in no hurry to return to Liam's side, since she imagined he was more comfortable just sitting back, than following her around. Although, when she was relatively close, she waved at him. By then, she'd gathered up a few things to try on.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 03/11/2017 9:46 AM

He was glad when he glanced up and saw Dee wandering around. He was in the habit of reading the newspapers daily, so he'd already read today's issue. Folding it back properly, he stood and walked over to Dee.

"Need help with anything?" He asked out of a desire to be useful rather than a detached, absent date content to drink and ignore her for any amount of time. "Those are lovely." He pointed to the items she'd picked out, extending a hand in offer to carry them for her.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/11/2017 6:49 PM

Somewhat surprised that Laim came to her aid, Dee couldn't help but to smile when he offered out his arm. The APL shook her head, though, declining the offer to carry them. She had other things in mind. "I think I'll try on what I've got here," she explained. "Could I model them for you? I don't know what to choose, so I'd like another opinion."

Assuming that he would accept, she didn't really wait for his answer, instead grabbing his hand and leading him over to the fitting rooms. There were places for him to sit and wait while she tried things on.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/25/2017 4:06 PM

While Liam appreciated that she was independant, it was a little frustrating that she wouldn't let him help her. He opened his mouth to reply, but his words were lost as she grabbed him and pulled him to the fitting rooms. He was still trying to stammer his agreement when he was released. He sighed as she entered one of the rooms, wondering if he'd even be able to buy the blasted dress for her, supposing she found one she liked. He took a seat and checked his bank balance while he waited- he had just enough to afford one of these dresses without too much of a strain.

Newly determined that he was going to treat her, he looked up as she stepped out to model the first apparel. He smiled, watching the way the apparel complimented her physique. He blushed, worried she would take his appraisal as innappropriate. "It looks great! How do you like the fit?"
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous