Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: Current Events [P]

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/29/2017 3:16 PM

Occam didn't seem to have the same qualms about potentially breaking-and-entering as Rexus did, as he took the offered glass of water and stepped into Glory's room with a long, accidentally noisy sip of water. He paused in the center of the room and looked around--it seemed like... an oddly regular bedroom, for all this talk of spirits. He lowered the glass from his lips and squinted, his free hand going into his pants pocket as he strolled around the interior. He paused at the desk--messy things always seemed to hold fewer secrets than clean things, but it was still a start.

He rummaged around for a moment, keeping track of things for the most part, save for a pencil that he plucked from the desk to slide behind his ear (it made him feel more studious and mentally productive, and perhaps he thought it had a nice design on it, and he definitely wasn't some sort of kleptomaniac in the making). He was quiet for a few moments, then realized something, turning towards Rexus with a furrow to his brow. "How... old is Glory?" he asked, glancing over the tests and textbooks. "And how prone is she to traveling around?"

Despite appearances, he had been thinking on all that Rexus had told him. The river they'd met at had seemed utterly normal, but at this rate, Occam supposed they could go back. But if she hadn't used that river to find her weird spirit friend... then where else could she have gone?

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Indigo » 04/18/2018 6:36 PM

Rexus failed to suppress a grimace at the detective's noisy drinking, but fortunately his face was not Occam's main focus at the moment. It was odd watching someone else examine his sister's room, and he observed Occam carefully, wondering what he might find that Rexus had not. True that Rexus hadn't actually picked through Glory's room before, but all these objects and their arrangements were more or less familiar to him, even as they told him nothing.

"Twenty," he said, "as of last month. She goes out more than I do, I don't know exactly how often—I try not to monitor too much. She's an adult, she can manage her own time." He realized he was starting to sound a little defensive, and paused. "Do you have an idea?"

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/02/2018 1:01 PM

Occam thumbed the edge of the glass with his other hand as he swung around to face Rexus, his expression contemplative, if not a hint of preemptively triumphant. "You said she made a contract with some sort of river spirit, yeah? Well forgive me if this sounds too obvious," he began, twirling that other hand in the air as he took another sip of water, "but what about that river you and I met at?"

This way, he could retrieve his bike, as well. Even if it ended up being a dead end. "It's close enough to this place, and I can't imagine she'd want to find a different river if this one is so accessible." As to whether or not that river was typically haunted, he wasn't sure. Maybe that part didn't matter. "Dunno. It's a thought. We could always pop back over there and do a little more sniffing around." He eyed the Lucain in front of him, wondering if that comment was considered offensive. Probably not.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Previous