Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Forgotten Priorities {HUNT; P, M:L,V? Nudity?}

Postby Saahs » 05/11/2017 5:18 PM

(( Elijah Ashwells, wolf and humanoid form. This takes place two years after the events in this roleplay. Warning for non-descriptive nudity? ))

Warm, golden light trickled into his sight as his eyes cracked open. The glow came from shiny rods jutting out of the white walls surrounding him. Something in his mind slowly snapped into place, and familiar words filled in the blank spots of his awareness. He was looking at sconces, drilled into marble walls. His ears swivelled at the sound of footsteps, nostrils flaring to take in the smell of prey. Wait... no, not prey. Another person. More and more of his trail of thought was clicking into proper place as sapience returned to him.

He tried to lift his head, only to find leather straps were holding him down; not only by the neck, but over his muzzle, upper and lower torso, limbs, and even his tail was bound to the smooth table under him. Instincts of the wild animal he still partially was reared its ugly head, and a wet snarl rolled out from between his clamped teeth.

For whatever reason, the sound made him feel sick to his stomach.

Release me. Where am I? Who are you? How did I get here? RELEASE ME! The demands of the wolf, colliding into the questions of the man, never left the back of his head. Or, perhaps they were trying to, but all that could come out still was garbled yaps and growls.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Re: Forgotten Priorities {P, M:L,V?}

Postby Saahs » 05/11/2017 6:39 PM

(( RANDOM NPC #386, human form ))

"Ah, good morning!"

The wolf turned his eyes to try and see the other person in the room. Just in time to see them look at something on their wrist. What was it, what was that thing...? "Err, afternoon," the person corrected. They fixed him with a look he couldn't pinpoint yet. Whatever it was, it didn't seem hostile. Not yet, at least. "And how are you feeling today? Can you understand me?"

Moseying over so they were in a more clear view, the person rested their arms at their side. Trying to come off as non-threatening as possible. "Blink your eyes once if you understand me."

He did not, in fact, understand a damn thing the person was saying. Instead, another snarl rumbled out of him. Quit making strange sounds! Make sense! RELEASE ME!

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/11/2017 11:36 PM

The human's head bowed, a small hum rising from them. He could almost put a name to the way it sounded, the way it felt. What was it? What was the human feeling? His head reeled around and round until it found the right word, the right feeling that burned a new fire in his throat. Ah.

Disappointment.

His ears drooped, whatever semblance of posture he was capable of while strapped down deflating. A small sound, similar to the one the human had made, escaped him. But it wasn't 'disappointment', it was whatever feeling burned in his throat. It was heavy, made him feel like no kill he'd bring back would win any favour. Most importantly, it hurt in a way he'd forgotten. And even though it was already the most familiar feeling to him, he couldn't put a finger on what it was called.

Perhaps the human had reason to be disappointed. If only he knew what he'd done wrong. The wolf gave a keen whine, ears pinned back and eyes fixed desperately on the bright-haired person. Help... help.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/12/2017 12:16 AM

The human raised a brow at him, looking up from the board they were sliding off the table beside him. They gave a thoughtful little noise. "That's one of the first times you've made a noise that wasn't angry." Pushing the strange shiny object on their nose up a tad, they looked down to the board. "So that's progress at least. The serum's doing some good it seems?"

He still couldn't understand their words. And the burning in his throat wouldn't leave, so he let out a low groan that miraculously only made him feel worse. The human made another strange sound. It was similar to the noises his pack would make when amused by prey. So was the human amused now? Was it no longer disappointed in him? This was getting confusing. He could tell it wanted him to do something, but what? Why was it that he could understand some words, just not the one the human was saying? Those were words coming out of its mouth, right??

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/12/2017 12:53 AM

What did the human want? Why couldn't it tell him in a way he understood? Why couldn't he understand them? His head pulled against the restraints, a soft keen escaping him again. What was he doing here? He wanted to be back with his pack. He wanted to get away from his pack. He wanted to find something--someone--that was somewhere that he'd forgotten. He wanted to go back to something--SOMEONE--that he'd left behind and forgotten.

What all has he forgotten?

"Now none of that." The human tapped a nail on the table, their tone scolding. They then fell silent, for an agonisingly long time. Most of which, the wolf spent yapping and chuffing up a storm of impatience. But the longer he looked around at what he could see, the more he was understanding it.

The table was metal. That was why it was cold and smooth. The human was wearing a white coat, it was a type of uniform. And the small shiny object resting on their nose was a pair of glasses.

... They were a doctor. He was in a lab of some sorts.

His attention, now ablaze with panic, snapped back to the human as they spoke up once more. "Alright. How about now, blink once if you can understand me?"

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/12/2017 1:48 AM

CLICK. Everything, all at once, fell into place. It must have been the glasses that unlocked the rest of his vocabulary. His nostrils flared as he took a deep breath. "Yes," he growled. His voice was distorted by the shape of his elongated face. But a yes it was indeed. And he had more to say. "And don't... tell me... none of... none of that, while... while I'm STRAPPED TO A TABLE!"

Oh boy, if he had fingers instead of paws, both middle ones would be high up in the air and in the doctor's face. You know. IF HE WASN'T STRAPPED TO A TABLE.

The doctor blinked. The small stick they'd been scraping against the board--no, a PEN and a CLIPBOARD, aha--slipped a little in their grip. Clearly, such an outburst wasn't what they'd expected. Maybe if you didn't strap people down to tables, you inconvenient barrel of assholery?!

"I," the human fumbled, clearing their throat, "That's. I suppose the serum is working very well." They nodded their head, jotting something down. "Good, this is a good sign. Do you remember anything before being infected?"

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/12/2017 2:12 AM

That made him pause his raging. Did he remember anything? His ears flattened, eyes averting from the human. What was he, before joining the pack? Who was he? Had he even been someone? All he'd ever known was his pack and mate... right? What was there, before the wolf? While the doctor watched on with head tilted, he closed his eyes and concentrated.

Rain... A small village greyed out by rainfall, overlooking the sea. Two young men, both with dark brown hair and freckles, and a much younger girl with light brown hair and even more freckles. Seeing each of their faces was like three individual stabs into his heart. Disappointment. What had he done to these people?

His face scrunched up a little as he thought. "I lived... on the coast? South--south of the Whispering Forest. In a small town." He tried to nod his head, only to recall the leather strip pinning it down. "... Could I get this thing off my face? Makes talkin' a little bit tricky."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/12/2017 2:45 AM

The doctor regarded him for a moment. After thinking it over some, they nodded and reached to unlatch the strap over his muzzle. For an instance, he felt the urge to snap at the human once his jaw was free. But, he refrained. For some magical reason he imagined things would be easier for him if he didn't try to eat people. Especially given, he was gradually regaining his humanity. So it'd not only be inconvenient, gnawing on someone's arm would just be awkward. This shit was easier when he wasn't aware of things like language, public decency, and morals. Egch.

"Thanks," he grunted, flexing his jaw. How long had that thing been on him, any way? He was able to turn his head now, though not by much as he was still strapped down in approximately too many fucking places. It was enough to work a painful kink out of his neck, though. "Sssson of a bitch how long've I been holdin' still like that?" He jammed his muzzle against the table in an attempt to ease an awful itch.

Humming, the doctor looked down at their watch. "Only a few hours. You were sedated long enough for me to apply the serum that's diluting your ferality."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/26/2017 9:16 PM

"Are you sure? 'Cos it feels like I've been on this slab fer weeks..." With a displeasured chuff, he wriggled his body as much as the rest of his restraints would permit. It did not relieve his aching in the slightest. His snout thudded against aforementioned slab, and he eyed the doctor with no small amount of irritation.

The human cleared their throat. "Well, you all have been in an out of here while we tested the serum. So far you're the first successful one." They smiled at him, as if he should be proud for being in these straps. For not melting into a puddle of flesh goop or...

Wait. "... And the others you've tested on?" He narrowed his eyes to deep blue slits. Maybe he'd regained sapience too soon. "How did they take the serum? Are they alright?"

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/27/2017 6:39 PM

The human blinked, hesitating. They didn't say anything for an unnervingly long moment. That was all the answer he needed. And then they finally did speak up, it only solidified what was left unsaid. "The serum had little effect on them. They'll be alright, especially now that we have a formula that's worked." The smile they offered him only left the pit in his stomach burning more intensely. His packmates that hadn't been tested on yet were not alright. They would not be alright now that there was a successful cure. Because they were dead.

His snout scrunched as he bared his teeth. "Liar," hissed the wolf. "I may still be only half a person, but I ain't stupid. If ya don't tell me th' truth it won't matter how close t' human ya fix me back to." Was it wise for him to threaten the sole person who could easily release him? Probably not. But he was getting the feeling he'd never been one for keeping his temper in check. Perhaps being a wild beast suited him better than being a man.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/01/2017 7:02 PM

The human's demeanour faltered. But, clearing their throat and adjusting their white coat, they put on a reassuring smile. "I promise you, friend, your pack mates are alive and well--"

"I wanna see 'em, then."

He bored his eyes into the human as they, once again, stumbled over their words. Over their posture, mannerisms... their everything. The bipedal creature reeked of deceit all of a sudden. And, of course, reeked of the fear of him realising they were lying. They were afraid that he'd find out what had happened to the other wolves as a price for the progression of their research.

Too bad, he could already tell what had happened.

His lips peeled back from his teeth, revealing the gap in his lower row where an incisor had been knocked out. "Troubles hearin', doc? I said, I want. To see them."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/03/2017 8:02 AM

Troubles or not, the doctor took in a steady breath. "There were some complications that lead to four casualties," they started coolly, "But now that we have a stable antidote, there is far less of a chance of any more deaths." Standing upright, they tipped their head up, expression calm but still threatening in its own way. "And as for seeing them, we cannot let you out of the restraints or cell until we know for certain your ferality levels have dropped to a completely controllable degree."

Oh, his stomach twisted. It burned something awful, and he wanted to bad to tear free from these confines. But in the human's cold and blunt answer, he found solace. Inhaling, the wolf gave a heavy, rumbled sigh of surrender. "... Alrigh'. How many a' them are left, then?" His body relaxed, and he eyed the human. Pleading with them to know that his family was at least safe for the most part.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/05/2017 4:39 PM

"Sixteen. We rounded up twenty of you in total." The human eyed him up and down, their shoulders sagging with an emotion mirroring the one he was feeling himself at that moment. It wasn't sadness per se, more along the lines of... defeat. Resignation. A heaviness that made it impossible to climb his way out of the pit he suddenly found his heart in.

Right up until his heart begged the question: which pack mates had died, and which had lived?

He looked up at her, a burning sensation already pressing inside his chest and throat. "There's one--a dark furred wolf, with lighter splotches and a long mane... Are they alright?" His stare bored into the human. Both desperation and a million threats tore through him as the doctor thought.

Finally, they turned towards the heavy reinforced doorway. "I'm not sure... I can look and make sure for you?" they offered, turning their head over their shoulder to regard him.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Forgotten Priorities {HUNT; P, M:L,V?}

Postby Saahs » 06/08/2017 4:21 AM

He eyed the human for a good several seconds, considering. Maybe he could wriggle free of the restraints while they were gone? Or should he even try to escape at all? It'd do no good to run off, leave his pack behind, and never see them again. Especially his mate. There was one wolf he truly needed to be with, out of all of them. So once again, he sighed heavily, and tried to nod his head. "Yes, I'd like that, if ya'd be so kind."

With a firm nod, the doctor opened the reinforced door and strode out of the room. He flinched as the door slammed with a deep, metallic rumble.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Forgotten Priorities {HUNT; P, M:L,V?}

Postby Saahs » 06/08/2017 4:42 AM

Well, now he was left in silence. He looks around, brows perking up as he did so. Where exactly was he, any how? Not just in a room, he figured that much, as well as the fact he was in some form of facility. No, where in the world was he? Names of places had returned in full. For some reason, a part of him wondered--hoped, really, that he was in Aldrect.

Why?

His brow furrowed, and he looked around again. Why would he ever want to be in Aldrect? From what he could tell of his personality, it didn't really fit him. Was he trying to meet someone there before he was turned? And here he felt like he'd always been a wolf. But maybe getting turned just had that effect.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer