Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: Forgotten Priorities {HUNT; P, M:L,V?}

Postby Saahs » 06/08/2017 5:34 PM

It felt like it was taking forever. Both for the human to come back, and for himself to figure out why he wanted to go to Aldrect. Come on, brain. Do the thing. Where you work properly! Remember, fuck damn it, would ya?! Why do I wanna go to Aldrect? It's full of snobs and bright buildings! You HATE bright shit! And people are pricks! Explain yourself, ya fuckadoodle! He tried to throw his head back in a groan of frustration, but only managed to yank his head against the restraints. "AYOW." Honestly? Really? Fuck these damn straps.

He started to tug harder. Not just against his head, but his whole body. If the humans threw a fit, okay. But this was just too god damn uncomfortable. Even if all he could do was loosen them? That was fine and dandy enough for him! So he continued wiggling violently.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/08/2017 11:42 PM

And stopped, when he heard footsteps approaching the door into the room. NOPE! He lay still, watching the doorway as it opened up with an innocent albeit impatient face. "Took you long enough. Are they alright?" For the human's sake, his mate had better be alive and well.

With an affirmative nod, the doctor said, "They're asleep, but perfectly okay. And speaking of those wolves, it's about time for you to be taken back to your cell."

As the human approached him to loosen the restraints, he could only help but grunt, "Way t' make it sound like a prison, fuckaroo." But he was interrupted by a syringe to the pelt. "Ayow."

"Hush, it isn't a prison, but it is what it is." With a small nod, the human undid the restraints once he started to go cross-eyed. "Now then, that wasn't so bad, was it?"

That was all he could recall before blacking out entirely.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/18/2017 3:40 PM

His eye cracked open, and he was met with an unfamiliar sight. The walls were the same as the cell that he'd shared with the other wolves, if a little cleaner... But there were no cage bars. No food bowl on the floor. No piles of torn blankets to sleep on. No--there was a cot, a table with a chair... even a real toilet. And a door. This new room had a door. He wasn't in a cage any more. The room's smell wasn't as unbearable, but it was new. He couldn't smell his pack mates, and the cleanness was almost too much.

He sat up, looking down at the cot and blankets that covered his... legs. Bipedal legs. He was still more than fuzzy, dark brownish grey fur layered over his limbs with a light tan belly, silver forearms, and--he looked over his shoulder--yes, the grey-tan stripe that ran down his back and tail was there, too. But he was... humanoid. Closer to human than he'd been in gods knew how many years.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/18/2017 3:44 PM

He looked to the door again, tall ears swivelling up and forward. Footsteps. Had someone heard him wake up? Easing himself up to his feet, the werewolf staggered, unused to having only two proper feet to walk and stand upon. "C'mon c'mon, no--oh no don't you fuckin', no no no--" Whump. Down came the werewolf, shackles and all.

A low groan escaped him as he peeled his muzzle off the tiled floor and shook his head clear of stars. That wasn't his most graceful moment. But something told him, he wasn't quite the most graceful of folks in the world.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/18/2017 3:51 PM

But the door knob began to jingle, so he scurried up to his feet in the hopes of covering his little blunder. He watched, head held high in an attempt to look dignified, as well as out of curiosity. But the door only opened so much, enough for someone to slip a tray of food onto the table that was bolted to the wall just beside the entrance.

His shoulders sagged with disappointment. No answers for him, it seemed. Just lukewarm side meat. He couldn't help but wonder if this was a half step above prison food or two steps below.

Regardless, he approached the tray as the door closed. Outside, however, he could hear the server's voice. "Doctor Hivarro will be with you shortly to evaluate your progress." Oh, so the good doctor had a name, wonderful. He'd be sure to tell them to go fuck themselves after regarding them properly.

"Thanks. When can I get out of this stupid labora-prison?"

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/18/2017 9:39 PM

"That isn't up to me," replied the server, then he could hear them walking away. Stupid little trolley rolling along with the human (it had smelled human, at least), wheels squeaking down the hallway he couldn't see.

He pressed his face against the door, as if trying to hear just how large the hallway on the other side of the door was. But, to no avail. He was good at smelling things, but had no idea how to discern the size of things based on sound alone. So, he pushed away from it, backtracking to the cot and taking a seat with a heavy but muffled thud. "This sucks," grumbled the werewolf, dragging both hands down his face.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/20/2017 10:14 PM

After a few minutes, his stomach began to growl. With a groan the werewolf heaved himself back off the cot and trudged over to pick up the tray. The meat strips were given an mistrusting sniff, and he shook his head at the sheer stench of grade E nonsense.

But with a snort, and his ears flattening back, he stabbed a long claw into one of the strips, and snagged it into his mouth. It took approximately ten years to chew through; even longer than actual proper jerky. And swallowing was at least three times worse, leaving him with a horrid shudder when his stomach threatened to heave the meat back up. Thankfully, no such thing happened, so he continued eating the dried meat strips. It was hard to tell what it came from, and that part concerned him.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/20/2017 10:26 PM

It wasn't long after he'd set aside the empty tray that he caught the sound of footsteps approaching the door. His heart did a few backflips, and he scurried back over to the cot so it didn't look like he'd been waiting at the door like a lonesome puppy. Because he wasn't a lonesome puppy. He was an angry puppy.

The small panel closing out the small window on the door was slid open, and he could see and smell the human doctor from before. His mouth spit into a dry grin. "Good what fuck ever time it is, Doctor Dolittle," sneered the wolf man.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/20/2017 10:35 PM

"I see the hostility levels are still high," the human responded, their voice much calmer, but with a tinge of wryness to it. Perhaps they did have a personality hidden somewhere in their lab coat?

His nose crinkled and he bared his teeth as he chuffed. "No, I just don't like ya." His head canted to the side, ears perking up and forward to listen better to the human. "Whaddaya want, doc? T' stick me with more sedative? Make me wanna wear clothes an' do job interviews? ~Re-introduce me back into society~?" He bobbled his head as he chimed sarcastically, his tone only a little mocking.

Though he wouldn't have minded some pants.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Forgotten Priorities {HUNT; P, M:L,V? Nudity?}

Postby Saahs » 06/20/2017 10:41 PM

The human inhaled, but kept their composure quite evenly. "Not yet, though if you want I can have some clothes sent down to you," they offered, adjusting their glasses. Even from afar, the wolf could see the glint in their eyes: they were amused with his antics, out of anything else. He wasn't seen as a threat here. Not any more, at least.

Was that a good thing, or a bad thing? He almost felt obligated to snarl and try to chew his way through the door just to fix that.

He lofted a furry brow ridge, huffing again as he pulled his legs up to cross them on the cot. "Yeah, sure I guess. Not like y' can see anythin', though." His arms folded over his chest loosely, and he tilted his head the other way. "Seriously, though, what're ya talkin' ta me fer?"

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/20/2017 10:48 PM

"You seem almost entirely sapient, now," the human observed. "I wanted to determine how much you recollect of your days before being turned into a werewolf." There was a metallic scooting sound, and suddenly they were no longer visible. But he could still smell them. "So let's start with something easy: do you remember your name?"

His eyebrows knit close and low over his now squinting eyes, and he concentrated. Gods, he concentrated as hard as he could. But all he could come up with, was a garble of barks, yaps, and growls. The sound he was identified as amongst his pack. When it occurred to him that such a "name" would not be accepted in actual society, he shook his head with a low hum. "Not a damn clue."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/20/2017 10:54 PM

The doctor gave a hum in return, with a tone of mild disappointment. Hey, try being the one who can't remember himself, he thought to himself with a scowl towards the locked metal door. His glare was directed downward to one of his knees.

He caught the sound of something scritching against a surface between smooth and rough. Paper and pen? More than likely, doctors loved writing things down and making you wait for them to get on with the miserable procedure. "That's unfortunate. Do you remember any family members?" they asked.

"I can't remember my father's name," the wolf started, "But I remember 'is face. Pale, brown eyes,
short white hair. He looked older than 'e was. An' my mum... Dema! Darker skinned, lotta freckles. Brown hair, bright blue eyes. She was wicked tall."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/20/2017 11:10 PM

The human spokes up after some more unseen scribbling, "And how about any siblings? How many did you have, or were you an only child?"

"I had... three siblings. Two brothers, an' a... an' a little sister." His head nodded slowly, and he closed his eyes to better envision them. "I think... I think th' brothers are twins, they look the same--similar t' mum, bit lighter skinned. An' my sister--Kara! She looks exactly like mum but with brown eyes." He could feel his mouth splitting into a wider and wider smile.

And then something made his stomach twist. Words. Not his own words. One of his brothers' words:

Get the hell out and don't ever show yer face here again, do you hear me?

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/21/2017 3:37 PM

His heart twisted in his chest something awful. He fell quiet, even as the human continued to ask questions. Then repeat the questions. And he still didn't answer. Why? Because he was brewing up a question of his own, possibly two. "Where... is this place located..? Like, where th' hell are we?"

The doctor's coat shifted; he could only assume they were looking up. "Where are we?" repeated the doctor. Their chair shifted loudly. "We're in Aldrect, or rather the underground of it. Why?"

That was all the answer he needed, right there.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/22/2017 4:36 PM

"Jus' curious," he responded after a pause, gaze falling distant as he thought. Were his siblings in Aldrect? Was that why he had such an urge to go... to be here? There was no other reason he could think of, that had to be it! He looked back up, ears pinning back. They gradually drooped as he wondered just how long they would be in Aldrect, if they even were at all. "How much longer will this whole thing take..?"

The chair shifted again on the other side of the door. "Depends on how well you take to the treatment. Could be days, could be months."

His upper lip curled away from his teeth. "I don't have tha' time! I 'ave places t' be, siblings t' find!" He slumped on the cot, sighing heavily with his head craned back. "... I'll take those clothes, if yer still offerin' t' have some sent 'ere..."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer