Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

[*] Pirates Don't Belong at a Festival

Postby Kyrit » 05/31/2017 7:42 PM

[Pet Unlocked]

Honestly, he couldn't understand why they were in Aldrect. It was way too far inland. Who ever heard of pirates that roamed about on land? He certainly hadn't, yet she insisted none the less that they head ashore for a while and head to Aldrect, without even explaining to the crew exactly why she had wanted to come to shore. It was just a constant, 'You'll see when we get there.' It was almost like she couldn't think of any other excuse. Starting to get tired of walking, Estebanito stopped, crossing his arms. "Tell me exactly why we left the ship at the port or I'm not going any further."
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 05/31/2017 7:43 PM

Things were always like this. She wanted to show him cool and exciting places, meanwhile he always wanted to stay on the ship. She kept telling him that there was more to being a pirate than just being out at the sea or staying around the port cities. Just because their life was at the sea didn't mean they couldn't venture ashore for cool events. "Oh come on," she sighed, stopping as well and looking back at him. "Look... There's a festival I wanted to take you to, and that's all you're getting out of me."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: [] Pirates Don't Belong at a Festival

Postby Kyrit » 06/02/2017 12:51 PM

A festival. Well, he supposed it was nice to at least know now, which did make being forced ashore a little easier. Still why a festival? Usually you had to pay for things at a festival. Unless they were going there to try to scam other festival goers, Estibanito just didn't see the point. Or perhaps she was planning some big heist or something? "That's really all you're going to give me?" he asked, starting to slowly walk again. He wasn't happy about the ordeal still, but at least he'd finally started to get more out of her than just 'I'll let you know when we get there.'
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/02/2017 12:54 PM

"Well yeah, we're almost there." She could see the buildings off in the distance, causing her to up her pace slowly. "Besides, I shouldn't have to give you any reason beyond that! Festivals are still fun, even if you're pirates. And hey, this far inland, I'm sure no one will recognize us! We can just have fun for the day." There was a moment of pause, during which she shot a glance back at him. "And I mean it! We're here for fun, not stealing. Participate in the games, good food, all that kind of stuff. There's no harm in just having a nice day every now and then."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/02/2017 1:06 PM

That did explain a bit more, but at the same time it was all still words Estebanito dreaded. He hated crowded places, almost to the point of anxiety attacks when there were too many people around. He was able to handle it for short periods of time at the port cities only because they had to, and it usually meant making money off people at the ports. He could feel his heart sinking a bit as he too began to see buildings in the distance, along with what seemed to be people from all over the place pouring in through the gates.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/02/2017 1:14 PM

There was silence between the two for some time until they drew closer to the city. As they neared the gates, Kyrit started to slow down again. "If you start to feel like it's too much for you..." she started out, turning to look back at Estebanito. "You can go ahead and ditch me. I won't blame you in the least. I know it's hard to be around people sometimes. You know I don't much like it either. I just.... wanted to have one day where we could go back to being young again and just have fun though, ya know?"
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/02/2017 1:16 PM

While it almost felt like a guilt trip, he knew that wasn't her intention. He let out a sigh as he began to rub the back of his head. It had been a long time since they'd left the crew and just gone off to have fun on their own. "No, no," he walked up so they were finally walking side by side and grabbed her hand without breaking stride. "You're right, it's been a long time since we just let loose. I.... think I should be able to hold it together for a single day, so long as you're around."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/02/2017 3:01 PM

Her heart felt as though it skipped a beat as Kyrit felt his fingers intertwine with hers. Out on the ship, they didn't often show affection toward one another. After all, what kind of pirates express that they have feelings, right? It wasn't that the crew didn't know they were in a relationship. She had her position to uphold though. Get boarded by another group of pirates and seem upset when one person in particular gets hurt? Bad idea. Even some members of the crew itself would possibly try to work their way to the top by force if they felt she was getting too soft.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/02/2017 3:04 PM

A smile slowly spread over her face and her hand closed tighter on his. It was nice that for once she'd finally be able to show that she did still love him. "Thank you..." the words were soft, almost as if she'd cry if she said them any louder. It didn't last long though, as moments later she was excitedly dragging him off deeper in to the city, pointing out everything that interested her. For just today, a single day, she'd be able to act like she wasn't the captain of a pirate ship.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/02/2017 3:09 PM

"Yeah, yeah." His response was almost equally as soft, though the smile on his face showed that he certainly wasn't displeased anymore. Sometimes he just needed to be reminded that while she came off as a tough captain, Kyrit actually did have emotions. Sure, when they were younger she'd always joked along the lines of 'it's okay, I'm a robot. Robot's don't have emotions,' but he knew better than that. He'd seen her cry, he'd seen her get excited, and he'd even seen her completely break down. She did have emotions, and he preferred when they did get to shine. For just today, he'd do his best to hold his own emotions in check, just for her. Who knew, maybe he'd be able to have some fun as well.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate