Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: []A Memory {P, M:L}

Postby Mojave » 06/04/2017 4:00 AM

"If I'd wanted people to see me laying pipe to someone, we wouldn't have tried hiding in the first place. I don't know about you, but when a hot chick grabs my dick, I'm not exactly thinking properly. I thought we were somewhere else, though honestly I think that girl is a bit into voyeurism. I barely managed to get us in there before naughty bits were out, so maybe she wanted people to see."

Cal sighed, noticing that the wheel was stopping to let them off. "Look, I'm not trying to fight I just wanted to talk to you about it. I'm sorry if I made it awkward, but if you're sure that you're hetero, I'll believe you. But I don't think anyone else buys it."
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/04/2017 4:08 AM

They got off the wheel in silence, though as soon as they were out of the throng of people, Diego turned to Cal. "Look, I don't care what other people think or say, I'm straight, you're still my best friend, let's just leave it at that."

Cal sighed, but nodded. "We've got less than an hour before that whole costume thing starts. Wanna just head over there?" Diego nodded.

While Diego was content to let the subject drop completely, Cal couldn't help but examine their conversation and his feelings. Despite what the other boy said, Cal didn't buy into Diego's self proclaimed heterosexuality. He hadn't said as much, but his own 'gaydar' blared a fanfare when he was around his friend.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/04/2017 4:14 AM

But how did you get someone to face the truth about themselves when they were so adamantly denying that truth? He glanced at Diego from the corner of his eye, his mind racing.

They arrived at the golden dragon puppet with plenty of time to spare, so they hung out with the artists who had created it. Unlike the vendors, the artists proved willing to turn a blind eye to the two teenagers sampling the moonshine going around.

Neither Diego or Calahan remembered dancing under the puppet, or even how they got onto the roof of a building. But there they were, watching the fireworks that brought the festival to a close.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/04/2017 4:21 AM

Maybe it was the alcohol that caused Calahan to throw caution to the winds, maybe he just couldn't think of a better way. But he wanted Diego to seriously do some soul searching, to be honest with himself. And he needed to know for himself as well. He didn't want to be involved in an unrequited love situation, so it would be better to get turned down flat rather than waffling around in uncertainty. As several rockets exploded above them, he suddenly grabbed Diego by the shirt front and pulled the other boy to him. As he pressed his lips to Diego's the finale went off above them. Cal couldn't help but find it ironic and a little romantic at the same time- he'd forever after be able to say his first kiss had had fireworks, but was a dud neverless.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/04/2017 4:31 AM

Diego hadn't been paying attention to Cal so was surprised when he was yanked toward the other boy. His surprise quickly turned into shock and he froze at the contact of their lips. His inability to react was brief and he quickly shoved Cal away from him, spluttering. "W-what the hell, Calahan?!" He yelled, scooting away from him a little.

Cal watched him back off, and the full realization of what he'd done settled over him. His eyes widened and he blushed. "Um. Well. Y'see... I... don't know." He laughed nervously. "I don't think I thought that through, honestly."

Diego glared, "Obviously! Geez, if this is what happens when you drink moonshine, you're cut off. Forever!" Cal smiled ruefully, "Maybe you're right." He paused for a moment before asking tentatively, "So... still think you're straight?"
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/04/2017 4:39 AM

Diego growled and frogged Cal's arm. "Seriously?! You kissed me, I shoved you away. I think that speaks for itself, don't you?" Cal shrugged, "I guess for now it'll have to."

Diego glared at Cal, "For now?! Look. I know we're not blood related, but you're my brother, my cousin, my best friend. You're a lot of things to me, but lover isn't one of them." His tone was gentle, but firm- he needed Cal to understand this rejection was about more than just gender. "Even if something changed and I did start liking guys, you are completely off the menu. And, if we're going to stay friends, I need you to keep me off your radar."
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/04/2017 4:52 AM

Part of Cal was hurt, despite how gentle Diego was trying to be with him. Diego was the first guy he'd ever tried to make a move on, though certainly not the first guy he'd ever been attracted to. Now the boy was his first kiss and first rejection.

But, if he was being honest, Diego's reasons made sense. It would be one thing if Diego was simply turning him down because they were similarly equipped. He probably would have argued his case more if that had been the only issue. But a lack of romantic interest because Diego truly loved him as a member of his family was acceptable. Somehow, it made the rejection easier to swallow and didn't leave a bad taste in his mouth.

Cal smiled ruefully and nodded. "Yeah, I can do that. I'm sorry." Diego visibly relaxed in response. "Don't mention it. Seriously, Calahan, never mention this to anyone. Ever." "Not even to you?" Cal teased. Diego glared. "We will never speak of this again. Not to each other and certainly not to anyone else." Cal sighed in mock resignation, "Fiiiine. But I think the festival is over, let's get out of here."
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous