Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

[*]A Memory {P, M:L}

Postby Mojave » 06/01/2017 12:56 AM

[Pet Unlocked]
ImageImage
Diego & Cal

"You're kidding." "Yep, I asked you to come to a giant festival to simply watch the festivities. Come on, Diego, it'll be fun! Live a little!"

Two boys stood amid a gathering crowd of people vying for positions beneath the gilded dragon puppet. The first stood six feet tall and had mismatched eyes, his hair just long enough to be pulled back into a spiky pony tail. His companion was a few inches shorter, had matching eyes, and wore his hair in medium waves that were currently hidden by a fedora. They were both dressed in what could easily be described as 'rocker' attire, though the taller man, Diego, was easily the most flamboyant. He crossed his arms as he surveyed the puppet trying to think of a reasonable way to get out of participating.

"See, you can't even give me a valid reason why we shouldn't. Now come on before all the spots are taken up!" "Ugh, fine." Diego followed his friend to a man with a clipboard- granted he didn't have much choice since a golden ribbon bound them together at the wrists. "There's no need to pull my arm off, Cal." He grumbled.
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Re: []A Night Out {P, M:L}

Postby Mojave » 06/01/2017 5:50 PM

Cal had grabbed Diego by the arm and pulled harder when the other man resisted. "Well then move your ass!" he exclaimed. They managed to get in line and had their names written down on the clipboard. "We start at six so don't be late or someone else will take your spot."

Cal gave the man a nod, Diego rolled his eyes, and they walked away. "We have four hours." Diego said, looking at his phone before sliding it back into his pocket. "Well, I say we get a few of those," Cal pointed to a couple walking by with skewers of food, "And a couple beers. Then we walk around." "I can get down with that plan!" Diego agreed, eyeing the food with real interest.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/02/2017 2:05 PM

They each purchased several skewers, piling them onto sturdy plates, before they went in search of drinks. However, they had to settle for sodas since all the beer vendors insisted on seeing IDs. "I'm just saying, that's some shit to ask for IDs at a festival." "You know the lawmen are cracking down on underage drinking, though." Cal chucked ruefully. "Cal, nobody says 'lawmen' anymore." Diego sighed. "Apparently someone does if I'm saying it." Cal quipped back.

They had decided to sit down on a picnic table, though they were perched on the table part, their feet resting on the seats as they watched the crowd around them. "So." Diego set his plate down next to him so he could wipe his hands. "Why have we never come to one of these before?" Cal glanced sideways at him before shrugging. "Haru's been bringing me since she adopted me." "Oh. How is Aunt Haru?"
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/02/2017 2:20 PM

"She's good, she says hi." Cal answered before taking another bite of his roasted vegetables. Diego nodded and the two fell into silence again as they chewed. They finished eating about the same time and chugged their sodas. "Ready?" Diego asked, grinning. "You first." Cal replied, smiling while grimacing from the bubbles in his stomach. Diego belched, followed by Cal and they threw their empty cups away as they left the picnic area, congratulating each other on their 'manly expulsions of gut gas'.

"So, I hear there's a girl interested in you at school." Diego gave Cal a sly smile, "Samantha Smidgens, right?" "Yeah." Cal replied, though he sounded genuinely disinterested. "You dog!" Diego gave him a slight punch on the arm. "Does she not know, though?" "Either she does and doesn't care, or she doesn't. Either way, the answer's the same." Cal shrugged, giving Diego another sideways glance. The taller boy noticed this one, but wrote it off as Cal preferring not to talk about his romantic life.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/02/2017 2:27 PM

"Hey, you know I don't share my parents' views, right? You're still my best friend, no matter who you prefer to do it with." Cal gave a small smile and nodded, looking away. "Yeah, I know. Thanks, man." Diego turned away to scan the crowd, missing the look on Cal's face.

It had been a few years since Cal had 'come out' to Diego. A few years since Diego had asked his parents about sex and sexualities, his curiosity piqued by the idea that people weren't always attracted to the opposite gender. A few years since his adopted aunt and uncle had tried to keep him and Cal apart for fear of him corrupting (or worse) their son. Despite their attitudes, his adopted mom, Diego's aunt, had never faltered in accepting him and helped the two sneak behind Diego's parents so they could hang out.

However, it had only been a month since a conversation with Haru had made him look at Diego differently.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/02/2017 3:08 PM

Despite how close the two were, Calahan wasn't sure if he even could tell Diego how he felt. He had always believed Diego when he said he was straight, but after the conversation with Haru, he wasn't so sure anymore. But his friend seemed to genuinely believe he was, and despite not having a problem with Cal being gay, he doubted Diego would react well to a guy coming onto him- let alone said guy being his best friend. But he'd never lied to Diego, either. And he wasn't sure if he could hide his feelings if his attraction blossomed into something more adamant.

Of course, the whole "you're my best friend" stung, so maybe it was a little late to be worried about his attraction moving on to infatuation. Seemed he was already there. He sighed as he scanned the booths around them- they needed something fun to do so they wouldn't have any awkward silence.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/03/2017 8:51 PM

As dense as Diego could be, he wasn't oblivious to the fact that something was bothering Cal. He debated on trying to get the guy to talk about whatever it was, but he wasn't that great at talking about feelings and other such stuff. Deciding Cal would talk when he was ready, Diego pointed to a Ferris wheel set up in the back of the festival. "Hey, looks like they have rides back there. Wanna go see if they have anything interesting?"

Cal gazed off in the direction Diego pointed and nodded. "Oh, I didn't even notice that! Sure, though I'd be fine with riding the wheel since we could look around without having to walk so much."
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: []A Memory {P, M:L}

Postby Mojave » 06/04/2017 1:57 AM

Diego was all too eager to find a lazier way of doing things, so once they made it to the back of the festival where the rides where, they quickly agreed that the Ferris wheel was the only thing they wanted to ride. Everything else was for small kids or just boring. Since they didn't want to ride anything else, they paid the higher keystone fee and were let into a basket by themselves. The wheel was one of those with tinted boxes so couples could have a bit of romantic privacy.

"So, what's on your mind?" Diego asked as the wheel slowly revolved and they rose above the festival.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/04/2017 2:00 AM

Cal twitched at the question and looked away. "Nothing." The answer was of course, too quick and he could feel Diego frowning at him. "Okay, look. I wasn't going to bother you, but you need to spill. Did someone say or do anything to you?" Diego growled, his eyes flashing in anger.

Cal quickly shook his head- it wouldn't do anybody any good if Diego lost control, especially in such a small space. Honestly, knowing a werecat tended to be a bit dangerous for someone like him. But, having been adopted into a family of them, he had learned pretty quickly how to interact with them.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/04/2017 2:05 AM

"Then what's wrong?" Diego sighed, settling back against his seat.

"Well.." Cal stumbled, unsure where to start. "It's just, something Haru said. And I don't really know how to bring it up with you." He looked out of the basket, noting the crowd below as the festivities continued. Maybe this hadn't been such a good idea, though honestly this wouldn't be happening if he had a better poker face.

"You know you can talk to me about anything, right?" Diego sounded genuinely confused and a little worried. "I know you say that, but it's.... It's about you. Haru thinks...." He gulped and decided now that they were here, he might as well just say it. If Diego lost his cool, at least he'd be the only one hurt. "Haru asked me if we were dating."
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/04/2017 2:10 AM

A profound silence settled inside the basket. Cal sat watching Diego, unsure how he was going to react. Diego sat staring at his adopted cousin with a dumbfounded expression. After several moments, the basket stopped, and they both looked around. They were at the top of the wheel, the entire event spread out before them, life continuing around them as if nothing unusual had happened.

"Say something, Diego." Cal sighed, unable to take the silence any longer.

"What do I say in this situation?" Diego retorted. "I mean... we're cousins." "But not by blood." Cal pointed out. Diego remained silent as he looked at Cal in surprise.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/04/2017 2:16 AM

"I know that." Diego wondered why that even mattered. They were family, best friends, why would Aunt Haru even think that they had that kind of relationship? "Wait, why does Aunt Haru think I'm gay?" Diego asked, comprehending the full meaning of the inquiry.

Cal shrugged, looking away. "Well. The other day, when you came by after you went shopping." Diego shrugged with his hands as if to say 'so what'. "Your new wardrobe is... pretty similar to mine." "Cal.... you should know better than anyone that clothes aren't what determine your sexuality." "I know that. But.. there's also the way you carry yourself too. She couldn't really explain what made her think it, but it was still a question that she asked and I've... kinda been watching you. Since she said it."
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/04/2017 2:22 AM

Diego raised an eyebrow and tilted away from Cal. "Watching me how, exactly?" He asked, his voice raising in concern. Cal couldn't help the chuckle that escaped his lips at the reaction. "Not like that, well not really. I was just curious what she saw and... I don't know. Are you?" He was relieved that Diego wasn't flying off the handle, so felt confident enough to ask outright.

"I am not." Diego said, indignant. "I've been seeing girls for the past year, Cal. Hell you walked in on me with Samantha Hidgens's sister last week!" "Yeah... about that... Have you even... experimented?" Cal ventured just as the basket started descending toward the ground. Their conversation had prevented them from really looking around the place too much.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/04/2017 2:52 AM

"No!" Diego replied vehemently. "And I don't need to, either. Seriously, Calahan, I've been with girls, I've only ever expressed interest in girls, why are you asking me if I've been thinking of guys in that way?"

Cal sighed, grateful they were almost back to the ground. "Because of what happened after I came out to you." Diego flinched at the mention of that day. "I just worry that you're lying to yourself because of something your parents said." "What have I ever done to make you think that?" Diego crossed his arms and turned away.

"Oh, I don't know. Let's go back to the Hidgens sister. It was awfully convenient that I walked in on you. Granted, you do have a nice ass, by the way, so thanks for at least giving me a nice view."
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/04/2017 3:56 AM

Diego flushed with a mix of resentment and embarrassment at what was said. "I don't know what you're talking about." He grumbled, not meeting Cal's eyes. Cal sighed; he'd figured from the way the conversation was going he'd have to spell it all out for Diego- not because the guy was stupid, but because he was going to play stupid.

"Don't play dumb with me, Diego. I know this isn't the first time someone's questioned your sexuality. Several people at school have approached me asking the same thing, and I'm willing to bet money that some have asked you as well. A well-used closet in the main hall isn't exactly the best place to hide anything, let alone sexual acts, so it just seems that you wanted someone to see you so the questions would stop."
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next