Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: [] Fireworks Did It, Officer! {Self|M:L,V?}

Postby Saahs » 06/05/2017 2:31 AM

Noah kept his eyes fixed on Captain; from the point that he's guided into the festival grounds to the moment they were standing at the sweets booth. How had this all transpired? Why was he the one getting stuck in this mess--and now getting strung with necklaces of golden thread by celebrants passing by? Did he look like he was celebrating?! No! He was panicking!

And doing so doubly when he looked down, and saw Captain's foot literally snake away the confectioner's earnings. His eyes widened, jaw dropping a little. Yet he didn't say anything until he was being tugged along yet again. "I can't believe you just did that.. Why would you steal that guy's keystones, you ass."
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Re: [*] Fireworks Did It, Officer! {Self|M:L,V?}

Postby Saahs » 06/05/2017 4:45 AM

"Hey, I saved your ass, Noah-ppreciation," Captain retorted, gently sitting Noah into a chair at a table under a large umbrella with a small shove against his chest. They sat down, cutting the funnel cake into two halves. Their piece, they merely picked up off the plate, and pushed Noah's half to him. "And I'm sharing this funnel cake with ya's. Really gotta learn how gratefulness works an' shit, guy."

The shapeshifter dug in, practically vacuuming in their whole piece in one, maybe two bites. There was nothing sweeter in the world besides profits and, to a slightly lesser extent, sweet foods. Cap lived for both, as well as--apparently--tormenting depressed wizard errand boys. "Go on, dig in. Got a fork an' knife an' everythin's."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/05/2017 4:49 AM

Noah gave a small sound in retaliation to Captain's remark, but got less than a whole word out before being shoved into a chair. He peered across the table at the blond, brows knitting low into a scowl. "That isn't how it works. Really. It isn't. I've had respect and gratefulness drilled into my head, alright?" His face scrunched slightly in a defensive pout. "What you're doing right now is something professionals call manipulation. If anyone here's the jerk, it's you. Especially since you're the one stealing and blowing things up."

His eyes flicked down to the offered funnel cake. The gears in Noah's brain immediately began to go nuts. "It could be poisoned. Filled with shards of glass. I could be allergic to it. I don't know if I like sweet things or not. What if I inhale that white powder stuff and choke? It's probably drugs."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/05/2017 4:45 PM

Captain sputtered, then burst into a fit of snorts and cackles. "Oh my gods, dude!" They doubled over, head thudding against the table as they continued to laugh their skinny little ass off. "It ain't poisoned or none of those things! You're pretty paranoid, aren'tchya? HWOO BOY!" Soon, they were leaning to the side, arms hugged tightly around their torso and heels kicking against the pavement below. "Ohohohoh my gods, you's a hoot!"

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/06/2017 11:09 PM

Well now his eyebrows were pulling even further into a frown. Leaning forward, Noah retorted, "I am not a hoot. And I'm not paranoid. I just have a... a habit. That's all." He sat back into the chair, and glared half-heartedly at his half of the funnel cake. Really, he couldn't bring himself to be entirely mad. Who was he to care about a shitty store being blown up and some stranger losing a few coins? At most, he was irritated.

With a huff, though, he inched his plate closer to himself and cut out a piece to bite off. And begrudgingly... he took another bite. And another. "I guess it's not too bad. At least if it is poisoned I'll die before my teeth start rotting out of my skull."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/07/2017 3:02 AM

Captain's lips pulled into a lopsided smirk, and they tilted their head a small ways. "There ya go, buddy pal. Don't shoot down whatchya ain't tried before, hmm?" They shot Noah a single finger gun, then crossed their arms propped up on the table's surface. "And I'll keep that in mind. Habit. Pretty funny one, but I guess I've heard of weirder." As of it was appropriate or even offered, they reached over and pulled off a piece of Noah's cake for themself. Not a large piece, just one of the tube segments covered in a healthy amount of powdered sugar. "Thanks," they chimed before popping it into their mouth and licking the excess sugar from their fingers.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/07/2017 3:14 AM

"I guess so," Noah sighed, staring down at the remnants of his funnel cake. He glanced up at the finger gun, making an odd face with his nose and eyebrows scrunched. "What was that? And is that supposed to make me feel better? It kind of just makes me feel worse--hey..." The errand boy leaned forward a little, as if considering stopping Captain from stealing the bit of cake. But then, he sat back in resignation. "Actually, you know what. You can have the rest. I don't think I can eat that much sweet stuff in one go. ... Thank you for getting me something to eat, though. Maybe I won't starve to death for these next few weeks."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/07/2017 3:27 AM

Leaning forward themself, Captain slid the plate to their end of the table and went to town. "Well then double thank you. And that's a dismal way to look at it, but you're welcome, Noah my guy." Their words were uttered between chewing up hunks of funnel cake. "Also also, yeah that was kinda supposed to make you feel better, but I guess I'll have to try harder, hmm?" They had no intention of doing such a dingle damned thing.

Once the plate was diminished of both cake and sugar, Captain pushed themself up to their bare feet. "Now! I got places to be, payment to receive, you know how it goes." Whether Noah knew how it went or not, they shot him another pair of finger guns and winked once, before scampering off to get their money for blowing up the magic shop.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/07/2017 12:24 PM

Noah watched as Captain excused themself, merely nodding slowly as they spoke. It was only after his head turned after them skedaddling away that he spoke again. "... Bye, I guess." He looked down at the table, slumping down in his seat while he stuffed his hands into his coat's pockets. The festival went on around him, cheerful as can be save for under a single umbrella, where a pessimistic idiot sat slouched in a chair.

Finally, though, Noah pushed himself up, looking around bemusedly. Well, now what? He was most certainly late with his mentor's supplies. Should he rush home to tell him he'd been kidnapped? Would the old snorer even buy that? Or be asleep, or what? Should he dawdle further for it to seem plausible? Oh, how about the fact he really could have died? "Sorry I'm late, sir, I almost got blown up today, you'll probably have to find a new place to get components." Thinking over the announcement, he nodded to himself. ... Wait, he probably smelled of funnel cake. Patting the sides of his legs, a sigh escaped him.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/07/2017 3:16 PM

Well, either way, it seemed he was going to get a stern look then an even longer list of chores and spells to practice than usual. Noah sighed to himself. Looking around again, he wandered over to a small stage, upon which some musicians were playing music. If his time was wasted, might as well enjoy a little bit of it, right?

He pulled himself to sit on one of the rows of haybales that served as a bench, hands still in his pockets and legs criss-crossing. His shoulders shrugged forward along with the rest of his slouching upper half. He was not the most eloquent of sitters, he realised this. And didn't quite give a darn. At least if the place was suddenly put under attack by gods knew what, he'd be comfortable.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/07/2017 3:34 PM

It wasn't quite his style of music, he eventually came to realise. But for politeness' sake, he waited until the group had finished a song before he stood. It only seemed decent, right? He clapped a little with the others in the audience, then turned to make his way through the festival grounds.

He didn't get to do stuff like this often, he quietly admitted to himself. Just meander about and enjoy himself out in the world. Hands back in his pockets, he meandered over to watch a small skit. It was midway through, but he could tell pretty quickly it was a shortened rendition of some fairy tale.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/07/2017 8:15 PM

And like the musicians, the play didn't hold his attention for that long at all. Giving a soft sigh, he scoots out of the back of the small crowd gathered--mostly consisting of children and their parents--and moseys his way on. He'd never really gotten behind the whole fairy tale thing, and the idea of someone climbing a huge lock of hair just seemed painful to the unfortunate person the hair was attached to. He shook his head and scratched at his scalp. Now his head hurt...

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer