Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

[*] Threads of Gold, Stories of Old

Postby RiDragon » 06/04/2017 10:35 PM

[Pet Unlocked]
"C'mon, we're gonna miss it!"

The fluffy haired girl was running through the streets, intent on getting to the festival as soon as she could.  Her friend tagged along, his white hair and greyscale clothing greatly contrasting his friend's bright and colorful garb.  He seemed to be out of breath, it was obvious that they had been running for quite a while.  The girl didn't seem tired at all though, and kept running at the same pace.

"Olive, please, it's only gonna end on the 7th, we aren't gonna miss it."  He wheezed, trying not to stumble on the cobblestones of the path they went down.  His companion didn't seem to hear him, her face as set as ever in her goal.  He sighed and followed her anyway, knowing that she was pretty much deaf and blind to everything when she was set on a goal.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Re: [] Threads of Gold, Stories of Old

Postby RiDragon » 06/05/2017 10:16 PM

The girl stopped suddenly, almost causing her friend to slam right into her.  "We're here!"

Null gasped as he fought to catch his breath, unable to respond in the annoyed tone he had meant to.  He wasn't really able to do much, actually.  He was new to being in human form, and bleeders didn't have much muscle mass to begin with.  As he fought against his lungs, he took a look around him, only to go into another coughing fit when he gasped at his surroundings.

It was beautiful!  Golden ribbons were strung delicately around handmade stands of small stalls, mostly owned by people selling their own hand made objects or foods.  Nearby was a stage, apparently being set up for some sort of play.  He assumed that it had to do with the festival.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 06/05/2017 10:19 PM

"You've read about the festival before, right Null?"  The girl asked, holding out her arm to help her friend stabilize himself, giving him a guilty look.  "Sorry for all the running, I just get so excited."

Still out of breath, Null gave her a nonchalant wave.  "It's alright Olive, I know it's important to you."  He said warmly when he could muster the energy.  Luckily for him, he gained energy from empathy and emotion, and this place was full of positive feelings and excitement.  He already felt himself perking up a bit, and was able to hold himself steady without his friend's help.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 06/06/2017 12:56 AM

Null took a moment to ponder Olive's question.  Yes, it was true he spent a lot of his waking (and sleeping,) hours in either Olive's library or any place that had books.  He was very intent on soaking up every bit of information about the culture and ongoings of the world he had been thrusted into.  However, he had a bit of a difficult time recalling specific information sometimes.  He had to think a few moments before answering, "It's the Golden Thread festival, yes?"

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 06/06/2017 12:59 AM

Olive nodded, but didn't seem satisfied.  "But do you know anything about the actual festival?"

Null blinked.  "Well, the natives tend to celebrate Yepha, and there's some ceremonies and-"

"No, no."  Olive cut in, "I mean do you know why it's celebrated."  He saw in her eyes that she had some sort of point in her line of questioning.  Though he had no idea why she would be drilling him with such questions.  He scratched his chin, recalling the texts he had read to the surface of his memory.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 06/06/2017 1:08 AM

"Let's see..  Well, I believe it was sometime after the Goddess Tear stuff happened.  The Gods were upset about all the humans fighting.  So Yepha decided to send an angel down to tie everyone together with golden thread.  It wasn't regular thread, obviously, it had some sort of magic inside of it that..  I think it helped the humans feel more empathy towards each other, or something.."  He gave Olive a look, wondering if she would hint at why he was telling this story back to her.  He knew that she knew the story, she knew almost every piece of lore about the world they lived in, and some of worlds they didn't.  That was part of being the adoptive daughter of the famed Professor Winter.  She gave no sign of what she wanted, and signaled for him to continue.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 06/06/2017 1:12 AM

"..  And then the Angel met a Chaos who had scales of gold.  And he didn't want her to join the humans together.."  He paused when he saw some sort of flash of emotion in Olive's eyes, but she didn't interrupt him so he continued.  "She kept going despite him trying to sabotage her, and it's said he may have even been obsessed with her.  Eventually the angel escaped him when he was killed."  He trailed off as he finished as Olive seemed to scrutinize him.

She nodded as if a hypothesis were confirmed.  "Okay.  Now I'm gonna tell you how it really happened."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 06/06/2017 1:17 AM

Null scoffed.  "How it really happened?  I guess you were there then.  Plus we don't know if it was even real!"  He shut up quick at the look Olive gave him, regretting what he said right away.  Of course she knew about the event, if it happened.  She was raised by a scholar!  A scholar that probably had artifacts that allowed him to know the facts as if he were there himself, if not let him actually visit them.  He felt lucky that they were in a corner where there weren't many people, what he said may have been counted as blasphemy for all he knew.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 06/06/2017 10:38 PM

Olive nodded, satisfied with Null's attention.  She paced back and forth a few times before she started her story, the "real" story.

"So, you got the beginning right."  She began, giving her friend a nod.  "Yepha was upset by the turmoil that humans felt, and the hate many had against each other.  She sent down Nerastiel, the Angel you mentioned."  She nodded at a stand a few feet away that was selling figurines of a beautiful woman with a golden dress, it was meant to hold thread while someone sewed.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 06/06/2017 10:46 PM

She frowned, looking at Null darkly.  "Gendraggutte is...  Was..  The name of the Chaos that made contact with her.  I don't know if you've read of Chaos, but the suffix -Utte has a special meaning."

"Yeah.  Betrayer.  Makes sense with the original story."  He regretted his words when he was given a look that could kill.

"He was named that before he had met Nerastiel.  He was named that by the other Chaos.  He had defied his people's destructive ways and sought out the Angel to help her with her quest.  He was envious of her ability to bring love and joy to the humans.  After they met, he began helping her."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 06/06/2017 11:03 PM

Null felt guilty.  He had assumed the Chaos was a bad guy, just because the story told him so.  Shouldn't he know better?  He of all people.  He who was a Bleeder once, who was a creature said to feel no emotion and to only feed off of pain.  Ugh, now his stomach was sick.

Olive put a hand on his shoulder, giving him a sad smile.  "It's alright dude."  She said, quietly tying a thread around his wrist.  He only noticed when she was done that another was around her's.  "It's tradition!"

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate