Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

[*] A Lover's Outing

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/04/2017 11:46 PM

[Pet Unlocked]
ImageImage
The festivities were in full swing by the time the two women arrived. Glaring, glimmering lights hung all about the square, their cheerful warmth bathing the revelers in a warm glow. Merchants called out their greetings, selling their fine wares along the squares and streets, cashing in on the abundance of people visiting the city during the celebrations. Aradiah clasped the hand of the woman behind her as she dragged her along the streets. "Come on, Shelah!" she called behind her. "Hurry along!"

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: [] A Lover's Outing

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/04/2017 11:47 PM

"I'm coming, I'm coming," the dark haired woman responded, her face sour enough to look out of place in such a jovial atmosphere. While she loved Aradiah, she disliked festivals, and she especially disliked being around so many people. The jostling and crowding annoyed her, and she had to step aside every time someone moved in front of her. They brushed her shoulders, causing her to growl and glare, but few people paid her any mind.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/04/2017 11:50 PM

Aradiah tugged on Shelah's hand, urging her through the crowds as she stopped at a particularly flamboyant merchant's market stall. "Oh my," she muttered, her eyes roving over the treasures that lay spread out before her. Beside her, Shelah shifted, grasping her lover's hand tighter as she glared at the people around them. Aradiah's eyes flickered briefly to the woman at her side, a faint frown marring her pretty face; she knew Shelah wasn't fond of crowds.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/04/2017 11:52 PM

Inviting her lover to the festival had been Aradiah's idea of trying to coax her into enjoying herself once in a while. She supposed, though, that Shelah was too ingrained in her ways to really have fun in a crowd. Sighing softly under her breath, Aradiah half listened to the merchant drone on about his fine wares and how far he'd traveled to get them. True, they were pretty, but she was hoping to see something prettier; a smile from her beloved.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/04/2017 11:54 PM

"Come on, Shelah," Aradiah urged, giving the woman's hand a squeeze. "Can't you just pretend you're enjoying yourself? Just this once?"

Shelah looked increasingly uncomfortable; she wanted to have fun, she really did, if only for Aradiah's sake, but she just didn't enjoy crowds. "I'm sorry," she murmured, scooting closer to her lover. "I am trying. it's just..."

"It's just that crowds make you uncomfortable," Aradiah finished for her, reaching up to tuck a stray strand of dark hair behind the other's ear.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/04/2017 11:57 PM

"Is it so obvious?" Shelah asked, a small smile quirking her lips as she leaned closer to Aradiah. "I am sorry, my love." When Aradiah's smile didn't waver, Shelah gave her hand a tug, turning and slicing through the crowd. "Come on. There is one thing that I'm not too uncomfortable to do. I think you'll enjoy it." She smiled over her shoulder, leading her lover to the main square, where loud, boisterous music was blaring from a stage set up on one side.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/04/2017 11:58 PM

"Where are we going?" Aradiah laughed, energized and excited by this spontaneous side to Shelah that she'd never been privy to before. People seemed to fly by them as she was dragged along, eager to see what her lover had in store for them. She couldn't imagine anything here would make Shelah happy, but perhaps there was something she'd missed when they'd first walked through the city gates. She'd been so taken by the colors that she hadn't exactly paid much attention to the things going on around her.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/05/2017 12:00 AM

When they reached the square, Aradiah gasped softly. "No way," she protested, quirking a brow at the woman beside her. "this is what you wanted to show me?" She couldn't quite believe that She;ah had been excited about this. All before them, women in bright skirts and men in fanciful clothes twirled and danced about. Even onlookers found themselves pulled into the dance, laughing joyously as they were swung merrily from side to side. On the stage, the band played an upbeat tune.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/05/2017 12:02 AM

"Well, yes," Shelah replied, looking sheepish. She rubbed the back of her head with her hand, a faintly embarrassed smile flashing across her face. The crowds here didn't seem so stifling, and her annoyance from earlier was already fading, especially when the woman at her side smiled so lovingly up at her. "I just thought...well, maybe you'd enjoy this?" She shrugged one shoulder, her fingers tightening nervously around Aradiah's. "Would you...care to dance, perhaps, my love?"

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/05/2017 12:08 AM

Aradiah's face lit up, the smile so bright and beaming, that Shelah felt her heart skip a beat. "Of course!" the shorter woman replied. "I would like nothing more!" She grasped Shelah's hands in hers, dragging her out into the square. Shelah still looked quite awkward, her movements jerky and unfamiliar with the dance. She wanted to make Aradiah happy, so she'd committed to this, but now she wasn't so sure.

"Ah, erm, can we go a bit slowly at first?" she asked, looking embarassed as red crept into her cheeks.

Aradiah leaned up and pecked her cheek. "Of course, love. Just follow my lead."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/05/2017 12:10 AM

Their steps were slow at first, unsure of themselves as they danced about the square. No one seemed to paid them much mind, except to smile at them as they twirled past. But as Shelah's confidence grew, and Aradiah's joy increased, they spun faster, dancing in time with the quick and lively music. Aradiah threw her head back, laughing happily as her hair billowed behind her; she looked so happy and carefree, and for the barest, briefest of moments, Shelah fell in love all over again.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate