Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: Thoughts That Breathe [L]

Postby crow » 11/01/2018 5:14 AM

Leo let out a strangled groan into the palm of his free hand as Oliver brought up the dinner again. Speaking of mortification. There wasn't anything he could say though, and at this point, he figured it would be easier to just give up and let the wave of humiliation wash over him.

Truth be told, being embarrassed like this wasn't something he was used to... But he had a feeling he hadn't seen the last of it on this endeavor, not by a long shot. He supposed he might as well get used to it now.

He could see the faintest hint of a smile on Oliver's face though, and Leo found himself smiling too, almost without realizing it. Hey, okay, so the dinner was a bust, but he was doing better now, wasn't he? He laughed as Oliver protested, giving Oliver a gentle nudge with his own shoulder in response. "They're cute," he said. "It's a compliment."

Oliver's expression seemed to cloud over slightly when Leo mentioned the church, but it didn't seem like it was Leo's place to pry. Maybe Oliver was just concerned over the prospect of losing his job. "Hey," said Leo, growing more serious for a moment. "I know you guys are risking a lot to help me... I appreciate it."

He gave Oliver's hand a squeeze, then pushed himself to his feet, tugging Oliver up along with him. "If it's a long walk, we might as well get going. This suit is nice and all, but on the whole I think I prefer wearing my own pants." Plus, as much as he was kind of dreading it, he wanted to find out what those other guys had done with the man he'd knocked out. If that was going to be an issue, he wanted to know about it sooner rather than later.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Previous