Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

I Dreamed A Dream Of Times Gone By [Self] [Done]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/30/2017 11:23 AM

Teira groaned in her sleep, and shifted; she did not awaken, but it was the kind of sleep she would wake from listless and exhausted. Thoughts of the past plagued her, and though she would not share them with her tent-mates whilst awake, she was powerless to control herself in slumber.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Re: I Dreamed A Dream Of Times Gone By [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/30/2017 11:24 AM

Teira shuffled through the hallway, her robes quietly dragging slightly on the floor. Her gloomy expression was matched only by the whispers that followed her through the building on the way to her quarters. She did not regret the decision she had made, but it had not been received favorably by any who had heard it.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/30/2017 11:25 AM

As she shrank and packed her things, she thought about what she was doing, and shuddered at the memory of the look on her commander's face when she declared her intentions. Though the army wasn't officially purine-exclusive, the majority of officers were old purine soldiers who still remembered the last war, and the horrors that came with it.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/30/2017 11:27 AM

Her intentions to leave and lend her support to the Imperial rebels were therefore met with disgust and disdain, and for the first time in a long while, she had been called ignorant and naive. She had expected as much, but the words still hurt, particularly coming from the Commander, whom she respected above all others.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/30/2017 11:30 AM

Being in Mage form could not have helped her case, either; her fellow soldiers, regardless of rank, were much more comfortable when she was in her other form. Too many of them had lost battles against single mages to be comfortable with magic users, and not enough of them were skilled enough to be confident in holding their own against her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/30/2017 11:31 AM

Teira sighed, as she packed the armour she would need in her other form. She was hot-headed and impulsive in that form, and likely would have justified her intentions with actions or with violence, rather than the quiet words she had used that morning. Perhaps it would have worked better, she thought, as she rhythmically packed all she owned.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/30/2017 11:33 AM

Her Commander had been kind, if not with his words, then at least with his orders. He had ordered her to get her things and leave immediately, but had also ordered everyone to stand down. She would be free to leave, and they would not harm her until they met her on the battlefield; she trembled a bit as she thought about it, but steeled her facial expression lest anyone be watching.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/30/2017 11:34 AM

She was sad that it had come to this, though she knew there was no other way to go about it. She could not fight for a cause she did not believe in, though she was partially a soldier. The Imperials had swayed her, and after a lengthy debate in the wee hours of the morning, she had come to her final decision.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/30/2017 11:36 AM

She secured the last of her packs, before shrinking them to fit into the bag she carried. The essentials she would need once she left she had already prepared in the bag, together with some rations and her paperwork, required to get her past the guards. She hoped the news would not have left the barracks before she herself did.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/30/2017 11:38 AM

She raised her hood as she opened the front gate, partially to avoid unnecessary attention, and partially to give her cover against the furious looks from those she was leaving behind. She sighed again, then stepped out, ready to make her way to the Imperial campground. As she looked at the sky, she couldn't help but wish it were gloomy too, to match her mood.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/30/2017 11:39 AM

In her tent, Teira let out a whimper as she woke. She knew she had made it seem like none of it affected her, but in truth leaving her home at the barracks had been the hardest thing she had ever had to do. Most nights, her doubts kept her awake, and she hoped the others in the tent had not heard her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate