Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

[Quest] Lay By Me [Self] [L, V]

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/28/2017 8:10 PM

Brian considered himself a good friend. He hated, therefore, how focused his thoughts were on 'why did this have to happen again' instead of only concern for Tim. His legs carried him fast, pushing him forward as he gripped his flashlight tight in his hand, the streets empty of children at this hour. Halloween decorations flashed by his vision in blips of orange and purple light, fading more and more into nothingness as he neared the edge of the town.

He had to be around here somewhere. He couldn't have just run off entirely.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Re: [Quest] Lay By Me [Self]

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/28/2017 8:20 PM

His first thought had been to run to Rosswood, but given Tim hadn't been there the last time this happened, he figured it could be a last resort. Besides that, even at sixteen years old, the place creeped him out something terrible even in the daylight, on a normal day.

He wasn't sure what led him in the direction of the town graveyard. But as he neared it, the sounds of derisive shouts and laughter and a few choice words that made Brian tense, and run far faster than his legs would've liked. The lights out here were dim at best, a single streetlight casting an eerie glow on the graveyard, but Brian could see enough to discern what was going on.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Re: [Quest] Lay By Me [Self] [L]

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/29/2017 5:38 PM

The sharp edge of a gravestone wedged hard into Tim's back as the force of a punch to the jaw sent him sprawling backwards. He tasted blood in his mouth where the edges of his teeth, likewise, had cut into his inner cheek, and the taste sent a rush of fear through him so powerful that it nearly drowned out the voice of his assailant.

"Teach you to fuckin' swing at me, fuckin' psycho," a boy muttered, perhaps his age or a little older, shaking out the hand he'd used to hit. A boy beside him shone his flashlight in Tim's face, taking a step back cautiously.

"Hey, you know he's super dangerous, right?" the more cowardly of the two whispered, grabbing the older boy's shirt and tugging slightly. "S'why he's locked up all the time."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: [Quest] Lay By Me [Self] [L]

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/29/2017 5:46 PM

"Yeah, so what. I'll kill him if he tries anything again," the older boy grinned, high on the violence of the moment, up on the balls of his toes as Tim struggled to his feet and met the boy's eyes. The boy faltered slightly at the inky darkness of Tim's irises, and he licked his lips nervously, taking a few steps back. "James--you got that knife?"

"Yeah," the smaller boy breathed, hand going to his pocket, but before he could retrieve anything Tim was on him, grabbing him by the collar and attempting to wrestle him to the ground. Curses spilled out of the older boy's mouth as he leapt away, stunned as Tim slugged the smaller boy across the face, then ran up and delivered a paralyzing kick to Tim's ribs.

And kept kicking.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: [Quest] Lay By Me [Self] [L, V]

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/29/2017 5:55 PM

Brian wished he'd arrived sooner. That was the only thought in his head as he stumbled upon the scene, and went for the only boy standing first. He shoved himself between the older and Tim, who was somehow still conscious and still attacking the struggling boy underneath him. "Hey, hey!" Brian shouted, shoving the boy backwards. Tim froze at the voice and looked up at Brian's back, eyes wide. As soon as there was an opening, Tim felt himself being lifted up and dragged backwards by familiar arms as Brian separated him from the boy on the ground.

"H-h-he--he was gonna murder him," the older boy stammered, regaining his balance and wiping his brow. He seemed frozen to the spot, despite his friend curling up on the ground and holding his hands to his bloodied face. "Seriously... fuck, he's a freak, he's a fucking freak," he whispered, suddenly ratcheting to life and running to grab the boy on the ground, hauling him up by the armpits. "C'mon, James, get up--get the fuck up--"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/29/2017 5:59 PM

Brian didn't let go of Tim, instead holding him in a kind of half-crouch, half-stand as he watched the two boys collectively stumble out of the graveyard. Brian guessed they'd go to the police. He felt a weight sink in his chest that pulled him downwards, hugging Tim from behind as the both of them knelt on the grass in the dark. Brian hadn't realized he'd closed his eyes until he felt Tim shaking against him, breath broken up by little hiccups of fear.

"Blood," he managed to get out, which spurred Brian to life. He shifted around to look at Tim, then shone his flashlight on the boy's hands.

"Hoo, geez," Brian breathed out sympathetically, adrenaline making him exhausted but concern spurring him on. Tim's knuckles were busted, covered with red that belonged to both him and the boy he'd been attacking. He was quiet for a few moments, then reached into the pocket of his cargo pants and pulled out a half-full waterbottle he'd luckily forgotten to take out.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/29/2017 6:03 PM

Tim was silent, barely wincing when the water was poured over his hands, his wounds rubbed and blotted with Brian's sleeve. "You don't... have to--"

"Yes I do," Brian said quietly in response, cutting Tim off. The boy's throat was so scratchy, Brian could tell he shouldn't be talking. After a few moments he held the bottle up to the other boy's lips. "Drink."

Tim obeyed, taking tiny sips so he wouldn't choke, as Brian just sat back and stared at him as calmly as he could. Tim licked his lips and shakily attempted to screw the bottlecap back on, to no avail. Brian's hands gently intervened to do it for him. "I... I struck first, if... it matters," he whispered softly. "I was just afraid they'd... yeah. I-I think one had a knife."

Brian nodded, setting the bottle aside, one hand still resting against Tim's wounded ones. He showed no inclination of moving it away. "I'm glad you're alive," he said simply, giving Tim a pointed, good-natured look that made Tim wilt slightly.

"I'm sorry... that I'm like this. That this keeps happening."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/29/2017 6:08 PM

Brian had to think about that for a moment, because yes, it was--'getting old' was the wrong term--getting tiring. Tiring for Brian, for the institution, for Tim... He offered a small smile, nodding his head. "I thought you might've gone to Rosswood Park again," he said, keeping his voice soft--even so, Tim still shuddered and held himself, drawing his hands away from Brian's. A pause, then, "Was it... that... that thing again?"

"Yeah," Tim said quickly, without hesitation. "Yeah it was." He swallowed thickly and looked up suddenly, his eyes hollow, fearful. "It--it was in the room with me. I couldn't just stay there, I couldn't--"

Brian felt his heart squeeze painfully in his chest. He reached out and, as if holding something fragile and breakable (which wasn't far from the truth), held Tim's face in his hands. "It can't hurt you, Tim," he whispered. "I know it's scary, but it can't."

Tim was already shaking his head. "Brian, I know you... you think you know things, and I love--you, but... this..." he trailed off, his voice shrinking, because he'd never quite said it like that before even though it had been decided long ago, long before their first kiss in the park, long before Brian started leaving encouraging notes stickied to Tim's window at the institution, long before any of this got so bad. "You don't know this. This is different."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/29/2017 6:17 PM

Brian's mouth twisted into a not-quite-smile, slowly letting go of Tim's face. He tensed when Tim's hands grabbed at his own and pulled them back to the sides of his face, where they previously lay. Brian let out a breath, letting his fingers brush Tim's gaunt features, and slowly leaned in to rest his forehead against the other's. "You should go back," he whispered.

"No," Tim moaned, shaking his head and pressing forward, as if to bury himself in Brian. "No, please, not tonight. It will still be there, tonight."

Brian was finding it hard to trust Tim, but he'd trusted him for years, as much as one could trust someone who saw visions of things not truly there. Brian let one hand slip behind Tim's head to gently card his hands through the boy's dark hair, sighing against him. "My house isn't close," he explained.

"I... grabbed a blanket from my bed on the way out," Tim answered, and Brian had to think about that for a few seconds before he realized what Tim meant.

Well... it was a warm night, to be sure. Warmer than it probably should have been in October.

"Alright," Brian whispered, fighting down the nervousness in his chest about staying the night in a graveyard on Halloween. It wasn't hard to fight down--the way Tim just sagged in his arms, audible relief draining from him in a hum, made Brian's heart thump with affection. "Alright... but let's get away from the blood on the ground."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/29/2017 6:34 PM

Tim found it in his legs to walk and Brian led the way, flashlight shining on the ground as some owl hooted distantly in the copse of trees that lined the graveyard. Brian spotted a bench tucked at the edge of the place, wooden and old. He noticed Tim eyeing the trees nervously, and he squeezed the other boy's waist where his arm encircled it. "This'll be good," Brian murmured, tugging Tim over towards it. Tim unwrapped the blanket from where he'd tied it almost like a jacket around his hips. It was small, and thin, but it would be something.

"You know you don't have to stay with me," Tim said quietly as Brian took the blanket and arranged it on the bench for more comfort. "I know this is... stupid, all of it."

"Mm," Brian murmured that he'd heard Tim, but neither confirmed nor denied that statement. "I want to stay. It'll be like camping, without the tent," he mused, settling on the bench and patting for Tim to join him. Sleeping sitting up wasn't something foreign to Brian, given how much he was studying lately.

When Tim nestled against him and tucked his head under Brian's jawline, Brian finally let the past twenty minutes settle on his shoulders. He whistled out a breath, letting his head dip back, staring up at the cloudy, dark sky. He shifted, an arm moving around Tim's shoulders to hold him closer, and after a moment of shy hesitation he kissed the dark haired boy's temple. "I want to stay," he whispered against Tim's head, making the other boy blink and press closer.

It had more than one meaning, and both meanings made Tim's heart and head settle just long enough to slip into sleep.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate