Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

I Accidentally a Universe [P, Me 'n Indigo]

Postby RiDragon » 12/14/2017 12:19 AM

Castiel rubbed the back of his head nervously.  He had been this reality for quite a while now.  Sure, the people talked funny, and sure, they might eat clay and dress up as blue cats for fun but...  Well, he was getting used to it.  Would be nice to finally settle down, maybe he'd be able to try to make some friends this time..

Almost as soon as the thought entered his mind, he saw a flash of light in the corner of his eye.  Oh no..  Sometimes he could outrun it and postpone it a bit but...

A loud snap echoed in his mind as a portal collapsed underneath him, flinging him into what he referred to as "the in between."  This was where he was thrown to when whatever the particular reality he resided in realized that he didn't belong, and attempted to "correct" his presence.  He never got much of a view of the place.  It was bright.  And confusing.  And he thought he saw a few clocks fly passed him.

Almost as soon as he was sucked out of the current dimension he was in, he was spat into another one.  The ground spat him up and sent him crashing back into the ground with a small thud.  No one around noticed, of course.  No one really noticed ghosts.  That was one thing all realities had in common.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Re: I Accidentally a Universe [P, Me 'n Indigo]

Postby Indigo » 12/15/2017 9:24 PM

Naja relished the chance for some rest. Normally she took better care of herself—necromancy tends to make one very aware of the consequences of recklessness—but an old client had been having some trouble recently and she'd lent a hand. That sort of thing hadn't been included in the original contract, which didn't even really exist in any official capacity, but, well, they'd genuinely needed the help, and it was a service few were equipped to provide.

But now things had been resolved and she could go back to her retirement, her books and terrible TV shows and at least a modicum of relaxation, and absolutely no more necromancy of any sort. She'd been thinking about taking up beekeeping. It was difficult in the middle of the city, but there was no reason she couldn't sell this house now. It might even benefit her, since her old clients would have no idea where she lived anymore and couldn't pull her back for one last ritual.

She was curled up in bed, thinking of these things, when she heard uneven footsteps out in the hallway.

There was a knock at Naja's door, redundant, and then She came in. Her movement had an unsettling vagueness to it, as of one sleepwalking, or possessed. Naja was more or less used to it, and greeted Her with a warm smile. "So! You're back early. Did you get lonely wandering the streets for once?"

"Not exactly." Her mouth didn't move when She spoke—She had almost no fine control of Her face, and Naja had no idea if She ever would—but Her voice bore traces of concern. "I found a ghost out there, or, well, a ghost appeared. One moment there wasn't one and the next...he's not like me, though. No body attached."

"I see," Naja said, hoping she did not.

"It's not far from here. Maybe it's fate." She knew this wouldn't be persuasive, and moved on quickly. "I know you just finished all your unfinished business, but a new ghost without any attachment could use your guidance. You've been in the business longer than anyone else alive, you told me yourself."

"No," Naja said.

"Absolutely not," Naja said.

"All right," Naja said. "But this is the last one."

She gathered up her coat and followed Her out into the night, to welcome the ghost to death and see if there was anything she could do to make it easier.
Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 12/16/2017 12:49 AM

Castiel took a moment to rub his head and recover from the dizziness before taking a look around.  This place didn't seem too bad, but he still wished he could of stayed somewhere familiar for just a bit longer.  He was gonna let lost here.  He always got lost.  He sighed to himself before rising and taking in his surroundings.

It seemed like he was in a fancy city of some sort.  The walls were made of some sort of pretty white stone, which he quite liked.  The houses were made out of the same thing.  He tried to think about his life when he was alive.  What had his house been made of again?  Definitely not stone.  Maybe wood.  He felt a pang of sadness at the realization that his memories of his old life were fading.

Well, no use moping, is there?  He started to wander, trying to draw a mental map of the place in his head.  It's not like getting lost mattered anyway.  It wasn't like he needed to eat, or that he'd get cold at night, or anything else.  He just really liked knowing where he was, is all.  It was the only control he really had over his life.  Er.  His death.  Afterlife?

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 01/01/2018 10:32 PM

It didn't take long to find the ghost in question; they hadn't moved from their earlier spot, and She had an excellent memory when it came to the locations of things, if not for much else. Naja had to admit that if she'd found them on her own she would have helped without question. They were clearly disoriented, perhaps distressed, and it was true that few would be equipped to help such a ghost.

She approached slowly, to avoid startling them. New ghosts could be jumpy. But she had never really mastered a soothing tone of voice, since so much of her business in the so-called glory days had been of an unsavory nature, and so when she spoke it was in a brisk, businesslike tone, because she still could not bring herself to be casual with a stranger. "Good evening. From the way you're looking around I'm going to guess that you recently died and haven't quite adjusted to it. I've come to lend you a hand." Some favored a gentler approach, but when the ghost was already a ghost it didn't make a whole lot of sense to waste time getting to the point.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/03/2018 11:32 PM

The boy had been staring at a water fountain absent-mindedly when the strangers approached him.  He nearly jumped a foot in the air when a woman addressed him directly.  "I--  You can--  See me?"  Was all he could stammer out as he spun to face the voice, eyes wide as saucers.  "Um.  I..  What?"  He tilted his head to the side, confusing replacing his surprise.

"I..  No, not recently no..  But wait, how can you see me?"  This lady was weird.  He hadn't talked to anyone in forever though, so it was kind of nice to finally have someone look him in the eyes rather than through him for once.  But..  There was something..  Abnormal about the second..  Woman?  Was that a woman?  He had the sinking feeling he wasn't exactly in the company of humans here.  Something felt..  Unnatural.  Not like he was natural though, now that he thought of it.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate