Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: Tricks of the Trade [Self] [M][L]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 3:52 PM

As the Seamstress wrapped her tape measure around him, Orion could feel the excitement building in his veins. They were going to be given a chance, and he was determined not to waste it - he would ensure they practiced at home, as well as with the Seamstress, and it startled him when he realised it was the first time he had referred to their caravan (even to himself) as 'home'.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2196
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 4:01 PM

He walked in through the door beaming that evening, carrying the bag with the precious dress in it.

"I have news - and a gift for you" he said, placing the bag into her hands. She gasped when she pulled out the dress, and looked at him wide-eyed; "What have you done?" she exclaimed.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 4:02 PM

Calmly, he explained what had transpired, and by the end of it she was clutching the dress to herself with tears running down her face.

"Hey, I thought this was a good thing?" he asked, hands on her shoulders to get her to look at him. He was really worried that somehow, he had done wrong and had hurt her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 4:04 PM

"It is" she choked out, trying to control herself, "This is everything I had hoped for, and more - I'm just overwhelmed. Thank you" she sobbed, throwing her arms around him. Orion held her, and as he rubbed her back the thought crossed his mind that this was becoming a habit he wouldn't mind, though he would prefer it without the crying.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 4:05 PM

When she had calmed down, he sent her off to the bathroom to wash her face and try the dress on again, and he fished out the camera with the intention of taking some more photos to give the Seamstress inspiration. When she returned this time, however, Yvaine had braided her hair into a long plait, pulled back from her face, and if anything she looked as stunning as before.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 4:26 PM

"Everything okay?" she asked with a smile. In response, he snapped a photo of her, without changing expression, and from then on it was war - he snapped away, constantly, as she giggled and tried to fend him off, and every shot made her look even better, until at last she lay on the bed with her arms above her, smiling widely with her hair loose.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/01/2020 4:28 PM

This was the money shot, he thought to himself, and his snapping slowed down until he was right above her, zooming in on her sparkling, heavy-lidded eyes. Oh yes, she'll be a star, he thought to himself, and a pang of jealousy raced through him at the thought of her looking at anyone else the way she was looking at him then.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 4:06 PM

Yvaine lay on the bed, as she tried to catch her breath, winded from all of the laughter and how he had been tickling her. She reached up one hand, and brushed a hair out of her face, and Orion leaned forward to gently push her hand back onto the pillows behind her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 4:14 PM

Suddenly, he slipped; the distance between them closed, and his eyes - now open wide - met hers as they were nose to nose, fingers laced loosely on the pillow. Their breathing sped up, and a steady blush rose across their cheeks, as Orion blinked, stunned at his new and unexpected position.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 4:16 PM

They were stunned out of their reverie by the sound of the camera hitting the floor, and Orion shot up with a jolt, rolling off of the edge to grab it and check for damage.

"Nice to know what your priorities are!" giggled Yvaine, relieved that he had moved and yet a little wistful at the loss of his proximity.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 4:18 PM

"But how will we show you off without the camera?" he asked playfully, tugging on a lock of her hair that had fallen over the edge of the bed to where he was sitting on the floor. He stretched out one leg and left the other bent, so that he was sitting with his back to the bed and his head leaning back onto it.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 4:20 PM

Orion closed his eyes, and felt a warmth as she moved to rest her head against his at the edge of the bed. For a moment, they breathed together, and Orion reached up to link his fingers with hers once more.

"We're in this together" he said, simply, and she nodded her agreement. "Together" she replied, squeezing his fingers gently.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 4:22 PM

They stayed like that for a moment more, before a loud growling came from Orion's stomach causing them both to laugh.

"I should probably change out of this dress" Yvaine said, looking down at herself. "I've gotten it all rumpled - the Seamstress would have my head if she were to see this!"

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 4:23 PM

Orion chuckled again; she did indeed look very dishevelled, though he was sure the dress would be fine after it had hung up for a little while.

"She's going to make me one too, so you can help me rumple mine once she's finished" he said, as he used the edge of the bed to heave himself off of the floor.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 4:25 PM

"She's making you a dress?" Yvaine teased, though the playfullness in her voice let him know she was joking; "I hope she makes it short, to flatter your long legs!"

"And what about you, Miss Dainty-Everything?" he replied, tugging on another lock of her hair. "What is going to be shown off by your dress?"

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext