Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: Tricks of the Trade [Self] [M][L]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 4:27 PM

Yvaine grinned, and rolled over to face him, lying on her stomach with her chin in her hands.

"Why, my sparkling personality, of course!" she teased again, legs kicked up and crossed behind her. Orion responded by snapping yet another photograph of her, and grinned as she swatted at his legs with one hand.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2196
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 5:11 PM

They dined that night in merry spirits, and there was no hesitation when it came to bed time - they snuggled up, back to back, and each fell asleep with a smile on their face.

When morning came, Orion struggled to get out of bed - quite literally, for during the night Yvaine had wrapped herself around him again!
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 5:12 PM

"Come on, let me go - I have to shower!" he said, prising her fingers off of him one by one. Yvaine giggled, having been awoken by the struggle, and squeezed him gently before rolling away and wrapping herself up in the quilt once more. "I'll wait here for you to finish" she murmured, falling back to sleep.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 5:16 PM

Orion shook his head, grabbed his clothes and went to shower. It amazed him how someone who had spent their whole life dancing - getting up early, and practicing hard - could be so attached to their bed. If he didn't know better, he would say that she had gotten lazy during her forced retirement.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 5:25 PM

He showered quickly, then headed out to make breakfast, and laughed at the sight which greeted him at the table. Yvaine had wrapped herself in the quilt like a cocoon, with only her head and feet poking out from the edge of the quilt, and she was sitting there expectantly with her hair in a mess.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 5:31 PM

"Now how are you supposed to eat breakfast like that?" he asked, grinning, as he leaned against the wall with his arms folded. He let out a loud laugh as Yvaine squirmed, before poking both hands out of the top of the quilt beside her head - though she only exposed half her forearms, and bent forward so her head was level with the table.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 5:39 PM

Yvaine soon joined in with the laughter, and the little kitchenette rang with their amusement as Orion turned on the stove and began oiling a frying pan, into which he cracked two eggs and slid three rashers of bacon. In another pan, on the ring directly beside the first, he dropped three pre-made hash browns from the mini-fridge, and soon the sound of sizzling filled the air.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 5:44 PM

Yvaine's mouth watered as he pushed the food in front of her, and she giggled as she realised that he had arranged the food on her plate to resemble a smiling face, with fried egg eyes, a bacon smile, and hash browns for eyebrows. "Tuck in!" he said, as he returned to the stove to make his own breakfast.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 5:50 PM

She stretched her arms fully, pushing the quilt below her armpits to cover her chest, and dug in; she had soon finished her plate, and stood to wash the plate and cutlery, making Orion chuckle as she made no attempt to put the quilt on the bed, instead choosing to awkwardly waddle over to the sink with it wrapped around her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 5:52 PM

"You're rediculous" he mused, watching her as she washed and dried her things, and put them away in their respective places.

"Maybe I am" she giggled, waddling over to the bed before sitting down on it's edge again. She moved back a little, and dangled her legs over the edge, kicking her feet back and forth like a child.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 5:54 PM

Her smile faded, and a serious look stole over her face. "So what's our plan for today, then? Are we going to return to practice, or are we going to wait until the Seamstress summons us over?" she asked, looking at Orion over her toes; secretly, she hoped that he would say they would be skipping another day, but she knew he had skipped working the day before and so had to go.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 5:55 PM

Orion smiled; sometimes, she could be just a little childish, but luckily for her it was endearing rather than bratty. "I have to work today, I'm afraid, but you could do a little basic hoop work in here - or you can lounge around in your pyjamas all day until I get back, and we'll do some practice then."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 5:57 PM

Yvaine looked up at him and smiled; "I really am becoming quite lazy - how terrible of me" she said, head on one side so her hair dangled in front of her shoulder. Orion realised with a start that this was how he liked her best - looking just like that, in her soft pyjamas with her hair loose, staring at him with a smile.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 6:17 PM

After he left, Yvaine busied herself with getting showered and dressed, and began to clean the caravan. She didn't poke into any drawers or boxes, but she did give all of the walls, shelves and surfaces a wipe down with a damp cloth to clear any dust that had accumulated, and she swept the floors.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/02/2020 6:18 PM

She even made the bed, though she was fairly sure it would be back in the sorry state it was currently in before Orion returned - she was looking forward to lying down again! She scrubbed the stove, the oven and the sink, and then before she could think about it, she opened the front door to sweep the dust out and scrub the steps.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext