Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

[Event][P][M:L,S] Uniting Dark and Light

Postby Kylo » 05/30/2019 3:45 PM

Orion took in a deep breath as he slipped into his tunic. Only a few months ago Xanatos had proposed to him following his cheating on him. He was still filled with mixed emotions over it. Right now nervousness seemed to be the dominant feeling. He began to wrap his arms as he quietly thought over what Xanatos had told him this morning. Marriage. Today. During this local festival of golden threads and binding people to each other. It was admittedly romantic.

Orion sighed and slipped on his best boots. He was excited, of course, but nerves ate at him. Would they work out? Would this last? Was Xanatos truly committed to this or was this another idea of his sprung up from mania? He loved the man, he truly did, but Xanatos was...well to put it politely he was mercurial. His moods and plans ever shifting and leaving people behind in the dust. He never seemed the type to just settle down and bind himself to just one person.

Orion worried his lip and went to the mirror to try to tame his mop of hair. He could hear Xanatos singing in the next room over as he presumably got ready.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Re: [Event][P][M:L,S] Uniting Dark and Light

Postby Kylo » 05/30/2019 3:59 PM

In the next room Xanatos sung happily as he brushed his hair out. He had gotten up before Orion to start getting ready for the day as he usually took far longer to groom and dress himself than the other man. He smiled at the mirror and picked up his eyeliner to apply his make up. He choose a smokey gray to contrast with his blue eyes. He was done in moments and inspected his handy work. All good.

He couldn't help but laugh as he inspected himself. He was going to be married today! He felt giddy as he slipped on his boots and made his way to the next room. Everything would be perfect. He would make sure of it. He wanted to please his soon to be husband. Orion just made things better in a way nothing and no one else could. Xanatos still felt bad after he had cheated on him and even proposing to the man hadn't seemed to clear the air between them. Surely this wedding would though. It had to. It was proof Xanatos was committed to him. He had just made a mistake before. It won't happen ever again.

Xanatos nodded to himself in agreement before knocking softly at Orion's door.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/30/2019 11:01 PM

Orion put on a small smile and opened the door for Xanatos. The man instantly gathered Orion into his arms and kissed him headily. Orion let out a soft puff of air and slowly wrapped his arms around Xanatos. Xanatos laughed at him and pressed their foreheads together.

"Hey, Xan."

"Hey, Orion," Xanatos practically purred as he nuzzled their noses together.

Orion smiled a bit broader and shook his head lightly.

"You going to save some of this for the ceremony, or are you planning to dishevel me already?" He asked with a soft laugh.

"Hmm, I don't see why I can't do both." Xanatos grinned devilishly.

Orion laughed again and leaned up to press a quick kiss to Xan's lips before leaning back down and untangling himself from Xan's arms.

"Come on, I want to enjoy the festival a little before you get me in bed."

"Alright, alright. I'll wait for you." He grinned again as Orion huffed out a laugh and rolled his eyes.

He grabbed Xanatos' hand and lead him out of the house they were renting and into the streets.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/31/2019 4:49 PM

The streets were bright and alive, with tons of music filling the air, and dancing swaying bodies filling the near by square. Orion took in all of the lights and sounds with a soft smile and wide eyes. For once he can just enjoy himself and not worry about surviving or being hunted down like a dog.

"It's beautiful..."

Xanatos smiled at his partner and squeezed his hand gently.

"It is, isn't it?" He chuckled as he lead Orion into the crowd, keeping a firm grip on his hand so as not to lose him. "Dance with me?"

Orion nodded with a bright smile and placed his free hand on Xanatos' shoulder as Xanatos placed his hand on his hip. Soon they were swaying to the music Orion laughing and Xanatos grinning like he had just won the lottery.

It felt almost magical there, the Force thrumming through them both and intertwining between them. Xanatos spun Orion, and the man laughed loudly in glee before being dipped and brought back up into Xan's arms. Orion grinned ear to ear and wrapped his arms around Xan's shoulders and kissed him. Xanatos grinned into the kiss before kissing back, pressing close to Orion.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/03/2019 3:49 PM

Orion broke the kiss with a laugh and nuzzled into Xanatos' shoulder before pulling apart and taking his hand again. He gently pulled him out of the crowd and towards the booths set up just past the square. Xanatos allowed himself to be lead towards a booth where people painted your face with complex golden designs. He was deposited in a seat by a grinning Orion who sat down next to him.

"Could you paint us for a wedding?" Orion asked eagerly.

The woman behind the booth smiled and nodded before coming around with a pot of paint and brush. She pulled up a stool and turned to face Xanatos dipping in her brush and carefully applying paint to Xanatos' face.

"It warms my heart to see young people like yourselves taking such a big step."

Orion blushed and nodded as Xanatos stayed perfectly still. The older woman painted complex patterns to accentuated Xanatos' face as Orion watched transfixed.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/05/2019 8:59 PM

She soon finished and then turned to Orion while Xanatos went to look into the mirror on the booth. He smiled as he inspected himself in the mirror before turning to look back at Orion and breaking out into a wide grin.

"Oh, Orion, you're gorgeous!"

"Really?"

"Yes!"

Gold paint traced the outside of his scars, making them look more like a precious stone rather than burn scars. They twisted in swirls and crisscrossing lines accentuating his thin frame and bringing attention to his amber eyes.

Orion peered into the mirror and gasped softly, a hand coming up to hover over his scars in disbelief.

"It...it's so beautiful. I...look beautiful."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/05/2019 9:09 PM

Orion got quiet and just stared at himself in the mirror before Xanatos got up and gently placed a hand on Orion's shoulder and squeezed. Orion looked up at Xanatos and smiled softly, the two of them communicating silently through the Force.

Xanatos turned towards the woman after a moment and smiled, then handed over money to her.

"Thank you so much, ma'am. We really appreciate this."

"Of course, dearies. Now go! Shoo! The night is young and you must enjoy yourselves!"

This seemed to break Orion out of his silent reverie and he laughed quietly before smiling.

"Don't worry, we will!"

He took Xanatos' hand and went back out into the crowd.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/05/2019 9:45 PM

Xanatos laughed and directed Orion through the crowded streets and out towards a nearby park, where faerie lights hung from the trees and a grand gazebo stood proudly in the center of the park. Xanatos walked Orion to the gazebo slowly, letting him enjoy the soft lights and natural wonder of the park as the walked. Orion smiled as nighttime insects chirped and buzzed softly, and soft music could be heard in the distance. He twined his arm in Xan's and leaned his head against his shoulder enjoying the peaceful setting.

"How'd you manage to get it so empty here, Xan? I know this is your doing."

"Shhush, love. Just enjoy it."

"Hmm, we'll talk later."

Xanatos laughed and shook his head.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/05/2019 10:34 PM

Soon they reached the gazebo and Xanatos lead Orion up the steps. Lights turned on as they reached the center and Orion laughed lightly. Xanatos smiled as he gently grasped each of Orion's arms and Orion looked up at him and did the same. They opened their minds to each other fully and the Force flowed through them both, twining them closer and closer together as they shared their hearts with one another. The leaned in and pressed their foreheads together as they grew closer to each other. Soon it was as if they were one person, one being, joined by the Force.

They both gasped for air as they came back to reality, each with a better understanding of each other. They both began to cry and pulled each other close, kissing and holding on to each other tightly.

"I never knew it hurt you so badly. I'm so sorry, Orion."

"I never realized how much I meant to you. I'm sorry I didn't always believe you."

"I promise I will be loyal to you for the rest of my life."

"I swear I will listen to you better and do my best to believe your words, even when I'm doubting myself."

"Forgive me."

"I already have. Do you forgive me?"

"Of course."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/05/2019 10:48 PM

They smiled softly and kissed before just resting their foreheads together and staring into each other's eyes. They laced their fingers together and kissed once more before both reached into their pockets and pulled out a golden thread and began weaving it and twining it around each other, binding them both together.

"With this thread I bind myself to you. I promise to be your husband, your partner, your beloved friend, through this life and the next. I swear my loyalty to you, my heart, mind, and soul. Will you have me?" Orion asked softly.

"I will. With this thread I bind myself to you. I promise to be your partner, your husband, your friend and confidant. I swear myself to you in all ways. I will follow you wherever you go, in this life and next. I pledge my heart, body, mind, and soul to you. Will you take me?"

"I will."

They tied their threads together and leaned in to kiss, softly at first, but more passionately as time went on until they were pulling each other chest to chest, arms and threads tangling. When they broke apart for air, they leaned their head together and laughed softly between pants. They could feel each other's emotions clearly and the sheer joy radiating between them was almost all consuming. The Force seemed to sing out in agreement of their union swirling strong around them as they traded kisses and laughter. Truly they were one now, and they couldn't be happier for it.

[Wild Pet Found]

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer