Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

It's Funny How Threads of Fate Cross {Hunt, Solo, M: E}

Postby Lilith Michaelis » 06/05/2019 8:56 PM

Riley had only heard the festival was taking place a week or so ago and had only just arrived in Aldrect today. He had never been to the Festival of the Golden Thread before. He'd only read about it in books at home but he always liked the sound of it. He always expected the city of Aldrect to be beautiful during the festival and it did not disappoint. Golden streamers and ribbons adorned nearly everything in sight. And at this point, the sun had began to set, bathing everything in a gorgeous golden light, making every ribbon, every golden string shine gloriously.

There's a reckoning a-coming
It burns beyond the grave
There's lead inside my belly
Cause my soul has lost its way

Lilith Michaelis
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 773
Donate

Re: It's Funny How Threads of Fate Cross {Hunt, Solo, M: E}

Postby Lilith Michaelis » 06/05/2019 9:10 PM

A part of him wished had had come back to Aldrect sooner but there were certain... memories associated with the city, memories he had not quite come to terms with. But Riley had always found the Festival of Golden Thread and the story associated with it to be at least a little interesting. And honestly, quite romantic.

At this point, the question of the moment was where to even start? There were so many festival activities to choose from it was difficult to know where to begin.

Lilith Michaelis
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lilith Michaelis » 06/05/2019 9:14 PM

Booths selling various services and goods went on and on. Street after street had been taken over for the festival. Artists and craftsmen of all sorts had their festival themed works on display and for sale. Festival goers flocked about in and out of golden costumes and multiple couples events were being held. There was even the occasional wedding being held on within the glorious celebration.

Riley was here alone, which ruled out couples activities. Though if he had had a partner along, he doubted they would have opted for such activities anyway.

Lilith Michaelis
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lilith Michaelis » 06/05/2019 9:23 PM

Forest green eyes searched the stalls until he came upon one in particular that caught his attention. This booth offered to construct customers' hair into various styles, weaving ribbons and the like through their hair. Riley could think of nothing better to start his participation in the festivities.

The line to the booth was decently sized but not too long. The young man waited quietly for his turn, eyes frequently glancing about at all the festival decorations. They were too beautiful not to. Everything had a way of catching your eye.

Lilith Michaelis
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lilith Michaelis » 06/05/2019 9:38 PM

Soon enough, Riley was called over to the stool and was presented with a series of ways they could style his hair. He opted for something simple, a style involving a series of small braids, some of which eventually weaved together, but left much of his long black hair loose. The stylist's fingers weaved deftly but gently through Riley's hair as they wound his silky tresses together with shining golden threads. The threads were small but strong. Along with the thread, the stylist added small golden hair cuffs to varying parts of the braids. The golden hair accessories contrasted with the black of his hair quite nicely and the end result left Riley very pleased.

Lilith Michaelis
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lilith Michaelis » 06/05/2019 9:54 PM

Ugh. He was seriously beginning to regret coming here. Aldrect always gave Luce pins and needles across the entirety of his being just by being...Aldrect. Masochist or not, this particular kind of pain was not one he particularly enjoyed. It wasn't as if the whole of the city was holy ground or even most of it. But the holy power that had been infused here was particularly... potent.

But he came here for a reason. That reason mostly being drugs and that people were easier to fuck with at these types of festivities. This was exactly the sort of festival people let their guard down at.

Lilith Michaelis
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lilith Michaelis » 06/05/2019 10:16 PM

The Festival was an event even for the kind of ilk Luce tended to associate himself with. Not only to take advantage of the festival goers, but often to sell specialty "items" as well. Certain black market dealers sold specific goods only during this time of year for this festival. Fuck if Luce knew why but hey, it was an opportunity to get quality contraband that was difficult to get anywhere else.

The goal this time was to get his hands on a particular mushroom that promised to have some very interesting effects on the mind. That also happened to be vaguely golden in color. Apparently the dealer thought he was fucking funny for selling it nearly exclusively during the Festival. Worth bet his right goddamn hand (but not really because he needed that) he could find it without this asshole's help. But this was one of the easier opportunities to obtain it and he had more important things to do most of the time than to hunt down fucking fungi.

Lilith Michaelis
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lilith Michaelis » 06/05/2019 10:51 PM

Not to mention that, again, these type of festivities were a prime time to fuck with people, pick their pockets, piss 'em off. Y'know. The works. And Luce was in no particular rush to get the particular contraband he was after. He had plenty of time for that later. Right now? Right now it was time to have some fun.

Luce had made absolutely no effort to blend in with the crowds. He wore what he normally did: a black button down and slacks, black oxford-esque shoes, and his signature white labcoat. Pale blonde fur adorned the collar and cuffs of the labcoat, making him look like a vulture of a man. Not a single golden ribbon or thread in sight.

Lilith Michaelis
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lilith Michaelis » 06/05/2019 11:08 PM

Speaking of people to fuck with, some fancy fuck had just finished paying one of the many, many overpriced little hair styling stalls that were set up specifically for the Festival. Luce watched as the young man exited and began to meander about the festival once more. Normally he wouldn't have cared much but a few things about him caught his eye. For one, the young man had pointed ears, which quite frankly wasn't all that common for someone who looked otherwise human. If he obviously looked to be another species, it'd be nothing. Not to mention there was something about him... He couldn't quite put his finger on what but there was something strange about the kid. And two, this kid had luxurious hair. To the point it was obvious the man took ridiculous care of it. And Luce just couldn't resist fucking with someone like that.

Lilith Michaelis
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lilith Michaelis » 06/05/2019 11:37 PM

Riley took his time walking from booth to booth, seeing what each person was selling and deciding whether he was interested or not. There were some beautiful candles that had caught his eye after fifteen minutes or so and that is what he had now stopped to look at. After a minute's contemplation, he picked out a reasonably sized candle and purchased it before continuing on his way.

It wasn't more than a minute later when he felt someone's hand in his hair, holding up the strands as if they were inspecting them. A scarecrow of a man stood behind him, bony fingers letting the thick strands of Riley's hair to plummet, a malevolent grin plastered on his face. Riley spun around and slapped the man's hand away, snarling. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

[Wild Pet Found]

Lilith Michaelis
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate