Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

A Golden Not-Date [Self] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/05/2019 10:15 PM

Image Image

With more festivities to partake in, there was no way that Blayze could pass up the opportunity to go and enjoy himself.

More specifically, to drag Adair out with him and enjoy himself.

It had taken a fair amount of fussing and pleading with Adair before the other man finally agreed to attend the festival with him; this wasn't work related whatsoever, so there had been no obligation for the the two of them to attend together. But much to Blayze's excitement, he had agreed!

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Re: A Golden Not-Date [Self] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/05/2019 10:19 PM

Adair had agreed.

He couldn't regret his decision, since it was made on his own. But, he'd only agreed because the red head kept pestering him and asking him to go. It wasn't as though he'd be able to get any work done while the other relentlessly bothered him. That's what he told himself, anyway.

But then, somewhere deep down, he had agreed to go because... he wanted to make Blayze happy. He was so animated when he was enjoying himself, and a small part of Adair envied that about him now.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/05/2019 10:43 PM

As the pair of Roosken men stepped through the decorated gate that signified the festival entrance, the red head enthusiastically bounded a few paces ahead of the blond and twirled around, arms out, grinning

Given the occasion, Blayze had dressed up even more than usual. Most of the reds and oranges that filled his wardrobe were not seen today. As this was the Golden Thread Festival, he dressed in a way even more suitable for it.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/05/2019 10:55 PM

His long, fiery colored hair was pulled back in a high ponytail with a suitable golden ornament decorating over the band that held it all into place. His golden dangle earrings were more subtle than usual, just two layered diamond shapes that gave an elegant appearance, as did the bangles around his wrist and other golden pieces he wore.

The primary draw of his outfit was the sheer chiffon kimono dress wrapped carefully and flawlessly around his figure, black with delicate but intricate golden designs that crept across the length of it.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/05/2019 11:05 PM

He stood in great contrast with Adair, whom, as was usual, adorned himself in almost all white attire, from his shoes, to his dress pants, to his button up shirt, to the coat he wore. The only hints of other colors consisted of the golden colored watch he wore on his wrist and the frames of his prescription glasses. Though, tonight, he kicked it up a notch by dawning a pair of white gloves on his hands, too.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/05/2019 11:13 PM

Even his usual wear was charming to the love struck Blayze, though. He always found Adair's appearance sharp and attractive, even though he rarely deviated from such outfits. Practically all of the blond's wardrobe consisted of white, perfectly spotless dress wear pieces.

"Look at how spectacular it is!" The red head said as he stopped twirling and turned his eyes back to the other man, the excitement he felt was plainly obvious in his tone and expression.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/05/2019 11:15 PM

He was so easy to please.

Adair didn't think it was any more amazing or interesting than any other sort of festival or celebration that they ended up attending for one reason or another, so he simply shrugged in response, but kept on walking past the entrance, anyway. It wasn't as though he was going to turn back now after they came all this way. Even he couldn't do that to the other man, after seeing how much he was already enjoying himself.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/05/2019 11:20 PM

Blayze bounded back toward Adair when the blond started walking again, so as to fall back into place beside him, happy to be there. Once he was there, though, he suddenly remembered something. The red head had actually gotten a gift for the blond for the occasion.

At first, he thought he might use it in way to bribe him into coming along with him to the festival, but decided against that tactic in the end. After all, he didn't buy the gift with that sort of intention, anyway.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/05/2019 11:22 PM

Blayze had bought the gift simply because he thought it was something that Adair would like and, hopefully, receiving it would make him happy and, just maybe, he would get to see that wonderful smile of his.

So, rather than trying to buy Adair's time with a bribe, he wanted to give it to him without any stings attached. And thought, after Adair accepted his invitation, it would be the best timing to give it to him when they arrived at the festival.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/05/2019 11:28 PM

And, of course, even if Adair declined the invitation in the end, Blayze would have given him the gift, anyway. It was meant for him, after all.

"Oh, heeey~" The red head quickly stepped in front of Adair, cutting him off in his tracks. "I actually..." he began, as he reached into the depths of the kimono, and pulled out a thin, black, rectangular shaped box. He'd cleverly stashed it on his person thanks to the sash that held the piece in place. "Got you something."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/06/2019 1:43 AM

[Posts for second hunt start here.]

The Treasure Roosken man let out a vaguely annoyed huff when Blayze suddenly cut him off in his tracks, thinking that if the other man wanted to see the festival, than they ought to get to actually doing that instead of wasting their time. However, seeing the look on the Blaze Roosken man's face, he waited, anyway. And, then, watched with some curiosity, although it was not all too evident on his face.

Blayze offered out the small box with a genuine smile.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/10/2019 8:17 PM

Adair's gaze shifted from the other man's face to the little black box held out toward him. He couldn't decline a gift from Blayze. That was, he could try, but the other man would not accept 'no' for an answer, and the blond was well aware of this fact. Besides, he was not ungrateful.

With the faintest of smiles in return, Adair accepted the box held out to him. "You really shouldn't have," he pointed out, though, while taking it from Blayze.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/10/2019 8:23 PM

"I just couldn't help myself!" the red head responded with a grin, his hands falling back to his sides when Adair took the box from his hands. "Don't waste any time; open it!"

The Treasure Roosken man nodded his head, and carefully pulled at the golden colored ribbon, undoing the bow that held the box's two parts closed, and removed it entirely. Without considering it, he shoved the ribbon into his coat pocket, rather than recklessly discarding it.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/12/2019 1:52 PM

Gingerly lifting the top of the box, he slid it under the bottom piece, the two fitting together again, so as to free his hand to move the neatly folded tissue paper. Once he did, a golden colored silk tie was revealed, with a matching monogrammed necktie clip. He stared at it for a long moment.

Of course, Blayze knew the sorts of things he would easily appreciate it. It only made sense. It seemed... natural for him.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/12/2019 1:55 PM

But if Adair really thought about it, it... wasn't. To him, it was perfectly natural for Blayze to know what sorts of things that he liked or could appreciate. What sorts of gifts he would be happy to receive. But why? The other man cared so much for him, he always made that obvious, to the point where Adair found himself to just expect it. But if he considered it logically, Blayze was not obligated to care about him or to know what sorts of things he liked.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next