Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

[Event][Kylo&Indigo][M:L,V?] The Son and the Wolf

Postby Kylo » 06/09/2019 9:03 PM

The Celestial shrugged on his gold and red cloak as he slipped into the crowded streets. This "festival" had piqued his interest and he intended to study just what it was about...and maybe spread a little bit of chaos as well for good measure. The festival seemed to be predominantly made up of humans in attendance, with a few sentient...animals? Creatures?...in attendance as well.

He reached out a clawed hand to snatch up a golden colored fruit from a stall faster than anyone could spot him and slipped back into the crowd, crunching loudly on it. He savored the juicy fruit as he rarely ventured out of his world to interfere with the galaxy at large. Father didn't approve of this of course but when was he one to truly listen?

Golden eyes scanned the crowed before they settled on a singular person. The Son grinned to himself before discarding his fruit and silently approaching his new target.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Re: [Event][Kylo&Indigo][M:L,V?] The Son and the Wolf

Postby Indigo » 06/10/2019 5:05 PM

So okay, it was probably a mistake to come to Aldrect, on the whole. Granted that the family weren't exactly hot on their heels anymore, but it still seemed safest to stay out of heavily populated areas where the Whitecreeks were likely to have a foothold, such as, you know. The fucking capital of Desuna.

There were two circumstances that had brought Cylar here: one, Fennis was driving her absolutely nuts. He barely left the house, and all of their conversations had weird stutters in them where the unshared past lay between them, the time between his escape and hers. And neither of them was quite ready to deal with that. This was why she had left town, but the reason she'd come here specifically was because of a job interview, which had, in the way of such things, immediately been postponed until tomorrow.

So. The festival.

Cylar had never actually been in Aldrect at this time of year before, and had thus never seen the festival firsthand—of course, some other places had their own regional versions of the celebration, but she'd never been to any of those for a variety of reasons. She did not own a single gold item of clothing, but someone had draped a scarf over her in passing moments after she entered. Apparently her simple black turtleneck dress would not be tolerated. Currently, she was in search of food that wasn't horribly overpriced.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/11/2019 9:10 PM

The Son stalked the person as they approached various stands searching for something. He carefully reached out to tug at the scarf quickly before slipping back into the crowd with a soft laugh. This one stood out to him clearly as something...different. Even the way they dressed marked them as someone not really here for the festival itself. So clearly he had to bother her. He would toy with her for a while until he got her good and angry then he'd see if he could get her to fight.

Moving along to behind her again he blew softly at her ear before moving back into the crowd once more. Hopefully this would aggravate her and send her looking for him.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 06/11/2019 11:42 PM

Her ears did not twitch, given her human shape, but she nonetheless took note of the scarf-tugger as he approached. Even if she weren't paranoid about family activity, it wasn't as if her senses turned off just because she walked on two legs, although some people seemed to expect so. He smelled...strange, in a way she couldn't quite put her finger on. Probably not worth dwelling on too much. Certainly he didn't smell like a wolf.

But...he kept following her. Darting forward to blow into her ear, trying to get a reaction, probably. She did flinch rather dramatically; it was hard not to, unusually good hearing or otherwise. This was at least enough to make her scan the crowd for him, and to watch him out of the corner of her eye, but she wasn't about to engage. Not yet.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/12/2019 7:12 PM

He smiled as she flinched and had to hold back a laugh. That was entertaining at least, though he would have preferred more violence. She was certainly interesting. Most people would have confronted him by now.

With a soft hum he approached her from behind and yanked on her dress, his claws tearing a hole in it easily. He remained behind her this time hoping for a more direct interaction. And a more violent one. He laughed out loud and let out a mocking "Whoops."

"Tore your dress there. Hope you don't mind much. After all tonight is a peaceful one. It would be a real shame to ruin it with aggression."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 06/12/2019 8:08 PM

At this provocation she did spin around, her face twisting into something that was not quite a snarl—such expressions always felt so useless in this shape, she hated when muscle memory produced them, and after a moment relaxed her face into a cold, flat expression. She would not be someone's entertainment today.

Self control. Self control. Everything was always about self control; it was how she'd survived in the family, it was how she'd escaped the family without raising suspicion until it was too late, and now, apparently, it was how she would deal with the damned festival. So be it, then.

"That's an interesting way of looking at it," she said, slow and even. "Do I know you?" She was pretty sure she didn't, and this wasn't any of her relatives' style of harassment, but this could still be targeted, it was just a very long shot.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/12/2019 8:46 PM

"No, not at all." He grinned impishly as his unnaturally red and yellow eyes bored into hers. He had gotten to her for just a brief second but it was worth it. He just needed to push a bit more. Break that facade of calm.

"I just saw you and thought to myself, my what a lonely little wretch I should go give her some company."

The grin widened revealing sharp teeth and a wicked tongue. Oh he was going to get to her one way or another. Even if it meant he had to attack her appearance or other qualities.

"I mean who could leave such a little thing like you alone?"

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 06/12/2019 8:55 PM

There was a thing about being a werewolf that a lot of people knew about, but didn't really understand, and that was the wolf under the surface. The wolf under the surface was always there in human shape, just as the human always lay under the surface of the wolf shape, because the werewolf was not truly one or the other and both were simply aspects of one being's nature. It was harder for one's thoughts to become wolf thoughts when in human shape, but certainly not impossible, if the provocation was right.

What people didn't understand about it was this: the anger didn't come from the wolf. It came from the human.

Cylar did have a brief impulse to shift, simply because it would make both fight and flight easier and her dress was already ruined anyway, but she really did not want to get into a street fight in the middle of the festival on the day before a job interview. It would not be a good look.

Change the subject, then. Try to distract. "What are you?" Rude, but that seemed fair at this point. "You look even less human than I do." There was little about Cylar's human shape that betrayed her nature, although she did have what might be considered weird teeth and even slightly weird eyes, but certainly not to the extent that this guy did.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/12/2019 9:03 PM

"I am a Celestial. A being far above your own. A manifestation of the Force itself," he said loftily. "You however are just a dog. A beast with two skins. Tell me, dog, why bother coming here? You'll never fit in. You'll always be in two worlds trying to balance them but belonging truly to neither."

He reached a clawed hand out to caress her face mockingly.

"Such a shame too. You could be so pretty if you tried, but really you'll never get the stink of dog off of you. Even if you dolled yourself up all you'd ever be is some little whelp."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 06/12/2019 9:09 PM

Cylar laughed at this. She laughed for, probably, an inappropriately long time, because it was all so fucking ridiculous, because how could anyone imagine a werewolf could reach her age and still be all insecure about "being in two worlds" or anything like that? What was this, high school?

"For being so far above me," she said, "you sure don't know how to push my buttons very well. Do you think I care about being pretty to you? You do seem pretty self-absorbed, so maybe you really do." She wondered if she could just walk away. But he seemed likely to follow her, and then this would escalate into violence after all.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/12/2019 9:42 PM

Hmm wrong approach, time to switch strategies. He'd have to dig for something personal about this woman. Something dark and fear inducing. He dug into her mind for a bit looking for whatever he could snatch without her noticing him being there.

"Hmm probably not. Too bad."

He kicked his feet and shrugged.

"But then again your looks don't really matter to the people after you either. In fact they might just ruin what little you have left. I've heard they're not too kind to deserters. I don\t blame them either. I mean who could just leave their family like that?"

He bared his teeth into a wicked grin and laughed at her.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 06/12/2019 9:52 PM

She stiffened, mind racing. Self control, self control, self control. Do not start a fight here. No matter how much you might want to.

Think. Really think. He already said he doesn't know you, so he can't have been sent by your family. Which means, what, how is he getting his information? Some kind of magic, probably, he did allude to some sort of abilities before, and also he looks like that kind of person.

So what to do with that knowledge? Her fists clenched at her sides, more reflexively than anything, and she could feel the memory of fur rippling beneath her skin, waiting to come out. Fleeing seemed like the best approach here—he knew she'd left the family, and perhaps even a bit of why, but he didn't strike her as the type to track them down and tell them where she was, if he even could pick up any details to give them. Anyway, it was clear he wanted something from her, and that something, based on his behavior, was probably the fight she'd been trying to avoid.

"You've got a lot of nerve," she said. "I'll give you that." And then the human Cylar was gone, and in her place stood the wolf. Nice and clean. She hated the melty theatrics some of her siblings used to go for, back in the day.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/12/2019 10:18 PM

He smiled widely and summoned his blade. Finally finally!

"About time!" he crowed and swung his blade around. "Tell me wolf, do you plan to fight, or to run like a coward? I think we both know what I would prefer."

He pointed a clawed finger at her and rushed at her with his blade at the ready cackling as people scattered around them in fear.

"Fight me wolf!" he screamed.

He didn't intend to kill her but he wanted a fight, wanted to cause as much chaos as he could and what better way than to fight a wolf int he middle of the streets?

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 06/12/2019 10:25 PM

She nodded, once, emphatically. She could speak in this form with only a little more difficulty than in her human one, as a result of long practice, but this guy was pretty clearly not worth the words. Now, just a straight run away didn't seem like it would work; he was too intent on fighting, though why she still couldn't fathom. So she did the only reasonable thing.

She scanned her surroundings, tensed, and jumped onto the roof of the nearest festival booth.

Fortunately she had chosen one well-constructed enough to support her weight, at least for now, but it would be unwise to linger for a multitude of reasons. Her next course of action was to run and jump from one to the next until she landed on one next to a one-story building, and from there onto the roof and across and down to the street beyond. With any luck, he wouldn't follow. He almost certainly couldn't take the same route she had, and by the time he got over here the long way she expected to be long gone.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/12/2019 10:30 PM

The Son cackled as she ran and jumped up on top of the roof after her and gave chase. She was faster, yes, but not more coordinated. He had the Force on his side and she had only her body. He whooped and hollered after her, enjoying the chase. Yes he'd lose her eventually but for now the fear spreading in the streets and the screams were payment enough. He supposed he would forgive her for running, as cowardly as it was. But how could he expect some mere mortal to truly stand up against him. No only a Jedi would be brave enough and this woman was no Jedi.

Upon losing her he laughed and jumped into a back alleyway to rest and enjoy the brewing chaos in the streets. Yes this had been a productive day after all.

[Wild Pet Found]

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer