Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Coffee Break [Self]

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/26/2020 8:23 PM

Image Image

It was a small, locally owned coffee shop rather than a chain store that the pair decided to step into. The man held the door open for the strange pink and black adorned Meji, whom bounced inside. He followed in after her.

"Do you really feel like coffee right now?" she asked him, without even attempting to meet his gaze. It was too much effort to crane her head up toward his, the majority of the time.

"Of course I do. But, well, not hot coffee," he answered.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Re: Coffee Break [Self]

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/26/2020 8:26 PM

Hazard was not the type to go to a coffee shop to order most hot coffees. He was content to make that at home, if he really wanted it. Trips to coffee shops were usually reserved for ice blended coffee drinks, cold brews, coffees on ice or something other than coffee, entirely.

The pair stood back from the counter where one ordered and paid, staring up at the menu displayed above it. The entire menu was written neatly in chalk.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/26/2020 8:42 PM

"What do you want?" Hazard asked Mimic, glancing down at her briefly.

"I... don't know," she answered, indecisive. She wasn't sure what actually sounded good to her, right now. "What are you getting?"

"Hm. Maybe an iced latte?" It was either that, or a blended sort of drink. Both sounded good to him.

"Aaah. Maybe I'll get that, then? A blended spiced chai?"

"You sure?" Hazard asked, to confirm it with her.

Mimic nodded. "Yeah. That sounds good."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/26/2020 8:49 PM

"I'll get it for you," Hazard told her then, nodding once when she confirmed what she wanted. Even so, the Meji stood with him until it was their turn to order. Only one person was in front of them, but they took their time figuring out what they wanted, too. They were ordering a custom sandwich and a drink.

When that person finally moved on, Hazard stepped forward, and was greeted with a somewhat chipper, "Hello. What can I get for you?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/26/2020 8:53 PM

"I'll take an... iced sweet cinnamon latte. Ah, the larger size, please. And a spiced chai ice blend, as well," Hazard relayed the order easily enough.

"Okay," the person behind the counter jotted down the order on a slip of paper, repeating it back to Hazard as they did. "Can I get you anything else?"

Hazard shook his head. "No, that's it."

"Okay. We'll bring the drinks out to you when they're ready," the person told them then.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/26/2020 8:57 PM

Hazard turned away from the counter and took a few steps away, Mimic following along with him. When he stopped, he gestured toward all of the sitting area. "Why don't you pick a spot?" he suggested.

They were several tables, in several places, as well as individual plush chairs that one might typically find more often in a living room or lounge room in someone's house. The sort with four wooden feet, elevated off the ground a little, with armrests and high backs. Perfect for reading.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/26/2020 8:59 PM

There was also outside seating, on a quaint little patio off to the side of the building that had a few garden boxes that were blooming, which they could see through the glass portions of the otherwise wooden doors.

When Mimic didn't answer right away, Hazard opened his mouth, "Do you want to sit outside?"

She shook her head. "No, it's getting too hot already." Similarly to Hazard, she was not all too fond of the heat, so the recent warm temperatures outside where not ideal.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/26/2020 9:28 PM

As she had given that answer, the Meji stepped forward, looked around, and ended up moving for a set of the plush chairs. She plopped herself down in the farthest one from where they had just stood. Given that it was more sized for an adult human, she was a bit dwarfed in it, but found it comfortable, nonetheless.

The man had followed along behind Mimic and took the chair positioned beside the one that she had taken, settling in easily.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/26/2020 9:31 PM

There was a moment of silence between them, though not an uncomfortable one, before Hazard broke it, "We should find a permanent residence, shouldn't we?"

The Meji glanced over at the man, smirking a little bit. "Oh, are you telling me that you don't want me to wander off again? You want me to stay with you?"

The man eyed her, not fazed by her smirk or the tone her voice had taken. "What, do you not want to?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/26/2020 9:36 PM

"That would make the most sense, wouldn't it? I wouldn't necessarily classify you as a Toxic, but... you might be. And you are not unlike Clone. And since I know that, why wouldn't I want to keep you by my side? You're the Mimic to my Hazard." Hazard continued.

It wasn't as though his words had any romantic intentions, or anything more or less similar to that. If anything, they were like siblings. She was his clone, essentially. And since, ultimately, they had no one else in this world, it made the most sense for them to stay together, didn't it?

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/03/2020 10:45 PM

[Posts for this week's hunt starts here; above posts were turned in for last week.]

Mimic wasn't entirely sure that that was the answer she was expecting, but... it wasn't unlike what she was expecting, either. That is, her relationship with Hazard was in no way romantic or sexual. It was platonic. They were good friends, maybe like siblings, but generally just family, in some way. It was very much accurate to say that they had no one else in this world, too. They just had one another, and Mimic was very aware of that.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/03/2020 10:50 PM

In fact, without Hazard, she wouldn't even be here.

A short silence fell over them, but it was, thankfully, interrupted by one of the coffee shop employees approaching the pair with their ordered drinks in hand. "Here you are! Sorry about the wait." they said. "The spiced chai ice blend?" they first asked, holding it up just a little more than the other.

Mimic raised up her paw. "That one's mine."

They handed the beverage over to her, and the Meji smiled. "Thank you."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/03/2020 10:52 PM

Given that there were only two drinks, it was obvious that the remaining drink belonged to the other party, so the employee held the iced sweet cinnamon latte out toward Hazard. "And here is your iced sweet cinnamon latte!"

"Thank you," Hazard thanked them as he took the offered beverage and immediately took a good, long sip of it. After swallowing it down, his gaze turned back to his companion. "Well, what's your answer? Should we find a place?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/03/2020 10:55 PM

"Aaah. I don't see why not," Mimic answered that way. "Even though we do travel, it would make the most sense to set up at least one residence, wouldn't it?" As things were, they did not have a lot of possessions, or anywhere to rest and actually call home.

"We should start looking for a place, then," Hazard commented. He didn't want to wait; he wanted to begin looking for a place as soon as possible.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/03/2020 11:01 PM

Though, he was a picky sort. He wasn't necessarily in a rush to settle into a place; he was in a rush to begin looking, so that they could eventually choose the most perfect place for them. He wasn't going to settle.

Mimic took several sips of her blended chai, enjoying both the taste and how cool it was on this warm day. But her mind was already beginning to fill with questions. "What sort of place do you want to move into?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next