Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: Get Me Out of Here [Event | L]

Postby Redd » 06/14/2020 7:16 PM

The Chaos sighed and shook his head after listening to Wik's speech, however he did take the offered objects and slipped them into his pocket. A Seraph wanted to 'dispose' of a Chaos? How unexpected.

But as she began to creep forward, gold light gathering around her hand and materializing into a decorated silver long-sword, he frowned and began reassessing his options. He was loathe to say (think) it, but it looked like he'd have to go through with her request. It'd be hypocritical of him to refuse, it wasn't like this was abnormal for him. It's not like he didn't get into territory spats back home with other Chaos and it'd be silly to pretend those had never turned lethal before.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/14/2020 7:24 PM

Plus, he knew human language. Auru- that meant gold, right? Well, close enough to it anyway. And with Aldrect's... colorful history, maybe it was better to be safer than sorry.

And then, he could go home. ... And clean up the apartment.

"Dear Yepha... he's in Chaos form. In full view of all of the humans." Salarestiel gasped, hand raising over her mouth. "The arrogance..."

"Seriously?" Haru whined, pushing past to get a glimpse of this Chaos. Yep. There he was. A mid-sized Chaos, covered in ebony scaled and golden paint. Performing in front of humans. Fantastic. However, there was a more pressing problem. "And how am I supposed to catch a Chaos, looking like a human?"

"You don't. Let's go. You and me. Perform." Was the terse response, before the Seraph raised her blade, wings shimmering into existence behind her and charged out of the tent. As he followed, he could have sworn he heard her ranting some quote from the Golden Thread story...

OH.

Harutte immediately darted forward, landing on all sixes and galloped into view behind Salarestiel.
The crowd, those who'd left, stopped and gasped. Was this part of the performance? A reenactment of the Golden Seraph and her Dragon fighting the demons sworn to stop them?

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/14/2020 7:39 PM

Aurudantte hissed an incomprehensible response, and before the smaller Chaos could cast any runes, he turned tail and bolted. Harutte growled and began to give chase. With the added advantage of being lighter than the bulkier Chaos, Harutte knew he could easily keep pace and even outspeed him, however he didn't exactly want to be herding Aurudantte into a crowd full of humans and his... new friends wouldn't really like that either.

"Oi. Seraph. I can get ahead and herd him somewhere. Where?" he called out in his mind, hoping Salarestiel was listening.

There was no verbal answer, only a projection of a map and an idea of a route. That would have to do. Harutte took in a deep breath, before splitting from the Chaos and taking a side alley. He'd cut him off at the next junction, that'd force the Chaos down into a dead end.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/14/2020 8:01 PM

"Traitor." Aurudantte squinted at Harutte, turning his gaze upwards, as if contemplating climbing the building. "Why are you working with them?"

Harutte gave a shrug, as best as his Chaos form could allow it and began to pace forward, the dart delicately held in one of this claws. "She said you're dangerous. Is that true?" Harutte carefully asked, tilting his head to the side and flicking one of his eyes back to the entrance of the alley. He had time.

"I'm about as dangerous as you are, brother." Aurudantte replied tersely, baring a row of sharp fangs.

"She says you hurt humans." Harutte added taking another step forward, frill starting to light up.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/14/2020 8:03 PM

Aurudantte shook his head and scoffed. "Every Chaos has." he growled uneasily back, once again looking for escape routes.

"But not every Chaos sends a recon agent to this city in the hopes of eliminating Seraphim influence." A voice called down the alley. Harutte flicked an eye back again, keeping the other 5 trained on Aurudantte. Four Seraphim, all armed and in full form, Salarestiel was not among them. "This Chaos has been an ally to the Seraphim in the past. Your clan seeks to destroy us."

"Perhaps. But once I was here, I found the humans and their little parade so fascinating. But ah, this is Seraph interest, not human interest." Aurudantte sighed. "Makes sense." He then closed his eyes, falling still and for a second, Harutte could have sworn he heard whispers.

Oh shit, he was sending a message.

In an instant, the lizard turned into a man and flung the dart at Aurudantte, hitting him squarely in the chest. The Chaos let out a raspy chuckle and fell limp. "He got a message out. I think. So, I think his little buddies might retaliate, but that's not my problem. I got him, that means I can walk out of here, right?" Harutte addressed the Seraphim, tensing up and expecting them to try and stop him.

But unexpectedly, they parted to let him walk through.

Good, because he really, really wanted out of this goddamn city.

[Hunt the escaped Chaos]

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff