Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: Oh Buddy, Oh Boy ! [Event]

Postby Celtic » 06/14/2020 3:46 PM

"I, uh, guess you didn't need to make him a costume," Lia chuckled as Auberon exited the little dressing room. She whistled even, "You're looking fierce!" There wasn't much time to do much oogling though as it was their turn to go on! Her body was buzzing with nerves and excitement. It had certainly been a long time since she'd ever performed in front of people. "Well... Here goes nothing!"

The two made it through the first few steps before Auberon's words floated into Lia's head. Truth be told, she knew very, very little about Evelon's history or religion. Chaos triggered only vague associations. They were real? Lia remembered playing games about the chaos and seraph when she was small, and snippets of religious history in her schooling, but that was it.

What she did know was that she was not about to let someone be hunted just because someone said they were a monster, but she couldn't help Aurudantte alone. She said hurridly, "Yes! We will help you!" and swung around to call for Ket, "We need to escape!"

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Celtic » 06/14/2020 3:51 PM

Ket immediately forgot all previous questions in his mind when he was called for action. "Alright, lets get to it then!" Ket broke into a run, maus perched on his shoulder and grabbed Lia's hand. He barely even heard the announcers call for an evacuation and for subduing Auberon. Ket didn't ask questions-- he didn't entirely care. He just like working and this was going to be a fun job.

"Both of you, stay close follow me. Let's get some directions here and quickly." The maus perked up and it's screen was flashing through code and maps quickly.

"Straight ahead 10 meters, left turn. Should fit big boy." Ket started moving quick, they needed to get to a more condensed space quick. Citizens were still in a daze, processing what had happened, what they were looking at and what was happening. The panic was about to set in, especially as the chaos began to move into the crowd.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 06/14/2020 3:55 PM

Lia let her hand guide her-- she was busy looking around and trying to spot the seraph that were coming after them. Good thing she wasn't too religious, pissing of the seraph didn't seem to come with a rosy life. "Aurudantte behind you!" Something was moving quickly towards the giant chaos, and he glanced back but didn't do anything about it.

It's just a bottle. Nothing to worry about yet. Thank you. His words formed within her mind, giving her a creepy feeling but she shook it off. They were just at the turn and good thing too, people began to lose their minds. They were trampling towards ANY exit away from here. There was screaming and crying, people calling out for their family. The scene as they turned the corner was a living, breathing nightmare.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 06/14/2020 4:01 PM

"First left, 50 meters." The sounds of the crowd were slightly muted as the trio ran down the alley. The poor maus had it's work cut out for it-- it only had vague approximations of the chaos's size and of the alley's they were going down. Guess-timation was it's least favorite thing to do.  

A scared citizen entered the alleyway ahead of them and ran head first into Ket. Ket makes a fairly imposing figure, he's solidly built, even if not very bulky. The poor man fell on the impact and then stumbled back when he looked up and saw the Chaos he was trying to run away from. He started screaming in the face of this monster. Ket leaned down and pulled him into a carotid restraint, they simply couldn't afford having attention drawn to them right now. He set the limp man aside on the wall and the group continued onwards.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 06/14/2020 4:14 PM

The screaming unfortunately had been heard and, unfortunately the group hadn't had time to maneuver through enough side alleys for the seraph to lose their tracks. The guard was close on their heels and they were very unwilling to let the chaos escape so easily. The maus was doing his best, but Aldrect was huge, they were too far from an exit to completely avoid all the citizens and the seraph. Fighting would be inevitable. "You'd better have something to fight with." The maus beeped at it's person. They made it around the next corner.

Ket looked back over his shoulder, but so far only saw Lia and Auberon. A fight wasn't imminent yet at least. He picked up the pace, running faster. Lia was struggling to stay with them, but she seemed determined so Ket wasn't worried yet.

We just keep running and there won't be a fight. There can't be, we'll get out of the city and it'll be fine. Ket then started to panic a little bit-- there wasn't much around the city. Were they just getting out of the city so the giant fight wouldn't level a town? Maybe the chaos had a plan. Maybe he could leave this plane. Maybe.

Lia was out of thinking juice. Her thoughts were circling around "breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth." Running wasn't her strong suit and if there was a fight, well she was even worse for that. But this was the right thing to do. Ket had a plan, and they were going to get Aurudantte out of here and away from the seraph. Just have to take it one step at a time.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate