Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: Building Business Relations [Event]

Postby Kyrit » 06/14/2020 2:56 PM

Even with her assumptions, it was pretty surprising when a large reptilian snout poked its way into the room Faen had been waiting in. As he asked if she thought his costume was convincing she was left without an answer at first, having to stop herself from calling him out on the spot.

"It's uh... it's..." she started out, trying to piece together a response that wouldn't give her away either. Finally as she stood up and took a few steps closer she settled on, "it's a little messy," reaching one hand up to catch done of the dripping paint. "You should have asked for some help. I could've gotten the harder to reach areas for you. Maybe then it would have had time to dry."
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/14/2020 3:48 PM

Because he'd taken so long there was no time to try to apply better paint coverage though as without seeming to consider her response in the slightest Auberon was already trotting off toward the stage. At last he seemed happy? As she began to follow after him some of Faen's concerns began to melt away. He seemed genuinely happy to be putting on a show, and since he'd transformed back stage it wasn't like he was going to change in front of the crowd and start a commotion. They just.... needed to play up that a lot of time and effort went into making his costume so perfect. Or maybe she could actually pass him off as a pet?
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/14/2020 3:56 PM

Thoughts of what to say if anyone asked about the giant lizard faded as there two began their performance. Faen had run out earlier and gotten bits of the string, which she'd used to tie the two of them together just before going out on stage. First the string was wrapped so that there was little distance there two could put between them as they moved about the stage, though as they moved the string began to loosen and the distance between them grew. Just before the string could run out, intended to signify Nerastiel leaving on her own, Faen began to hear Auberon's voice in the back of her mind.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/14/2020 4:29 PM

The voice coming through without any permission was almost enough to trigger her fight or flight response, drawing her thoughts back to those few days where Dr. Habersham had free access to speak to her at any time. As Auberon continued to talk though Faen's racing heart began to settle and she shakily turned to face him.

"I.... knew what you were," she stated out, still a bit nervous. Mostly nervous now knowing that there was about to be a big chase with Seraphim involved. There wouldn't be much time to decide if she wanted to help him get out or just get herself out before she got in trouble for helping Chaos again.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/14/2020 4:42 PM

As she tried to think of what to do it sounded like there Seraphim were quick at work, already announcing out loud that he was a dangerous animal. She looked briefly back toward the crowd, then back at him, hints of gold swirling in her eyes.

Should she? He hadn't said he'd decided to participate out of any kinship he felt with Gendragutte, just that he'd made it into human history.... but still, he'd seemed so happy to get to participate.

Get eyes darted about one last time before she finally continued her response. "And... I'll help. You owe me for this though! A blood sample, or at least done claw clippings. I was supposed to make a lot of money here today. For now just start running and I'll catch up."

As she began to turn toward the crowd she added in, "You're wrong though..... I hardly count as human anymore." The sound of cloth tearing could be heard as the words left her mouth. Golden scales began to spread across her face, then body, then a tail tore through her clothes. Within moments a large golden dragon easily twice his size stood on stage, letting fourth a loud roar.

(Help the Chaos escape Seraphim pursuers)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous