Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

When the Compass Points to Trouble [Event]

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/31/2020 7:05 PM

[Morgana]

The streets were bustling with crowds as Morgana enjoyed pushing her way through. She came to the city and the celebration to see all the vendors and the parade but she never thought it would be this huge. It amazed her to see all the people that came from all over to join in on the celebration. Her whole life she had trapped inside the walls that her family kept her in. She swore that if she ever got out she would see everything she could.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1248
Donate

Re: When the Compass Points to Trouble [Event]

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/31/2020 7:06 PM

When she had heard about the Golden Parade she had got herself a ticket to Aldrect City. She moved from booth to booth to admire everything. She wanted to get something for her friend Kevlar.

Morgana had wanted her to go with her but Kelvar had been too busy helping someone with an issue. She picked up a handmade key chain. Was this something Kevlar would like she thought when her phone rang. She looked at the caller id. Speak of the devil.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/31/2020 7:06 PM

Morgana set the key chain down and walked away from the crowds. There was a small park nearby and she went over to it and sat on a bench, “hey Kevlar. What are you up to?”

She could hear a lot of background noise before Kevlar answered, “hey, I was just calling to see if you made it?”

“Yeah I made it. It is way bigger than I ever imagined. There are so many people. I am afraid I might get lost,” she let out a little laugh.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/31/2020 7:07 PM

“Yeah I heard that it is a huge celebration. Just make sure you don’t get into any trouble,” Kelvar laughed along with her.

“I can’t because you are not here. You know it is never as fun. I’ll be sure to send you lots of pictures if I do happen to run into trouble so you can feel as if you're here,” she said as she watched a group of birds land nearby. They pecked at the ground.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/31/2020 7:07 PM

As an after thought she asked, “how do you feel about keychains?” She waited for a response as she listened to Kevlar shout something to someone. She assumed she was in a bar.

“I’m not sure if I have an opinion on keychains but if you are asking because you are getting something for me there I would rather have a t-shirt,” she said.

“Okay cool. I can do a t-shirt,” she said as she watched an older man and a young child struggling to carry a costume and some props.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/31/2020 7:08 PM

She assumed they were headed to be a part of the parade but she swore that she read somewhere that the sign-ups were going to close shortly, “hey Kev I’ve got to go. I think I see some people that look like they need my help. I’ll talk to you soon.”

“Yeah okay just remember to try not to get into trouble,” she said before Morgana hung up the phone and walked over to the two people.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/31/2020 7:09 PM

“Hi, do you guys need a hand with that stuff there?” she asked when she got close to them.

The older man looked relieved, “oh yes, please. We are in a bit of a hurry.”

She grabbed up some of the props that he had been struggling with, “are you guys going to join the parade?” A thought crossed her mind. Maybe she could join in with them.

The little girl nodded as they hurried to the sign-up sheet.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/31/2020 7:11 PM

“Yes, this is my grand-daughter. She really wanted to join but her parents have to work so I thought I could pull this together but I think I’m slightly unprepared. Her older brother was supposed to be here with us but he’s too sick to come today,’ the old man told her.

“Oh well, maybe I could fill in?” Morgana asked before really thinking the question through. She didn’t know what they would be doing or if they felt comfortable with a complete stranger joining them.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/31/2020 7:11 PM

The old man didn’t seem to find it odd, “only if you feel like you want to. Don’t feel like you have to just because you think we can’t go through it without you. We are good at improvising.”
She adjusted the box in her arms, “This is the first time I’ve come to the parade and I figured it would be amazing if I had the chance to see it from being a part of it.”

He smiled, “then we would be happy to have you.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/31/2020 7:13 PM

When they got close to the tent Morgana noticed something off to the left of her that looked a bi weird hurrying around the tent. It made her slow a bit as she tried to get a closer look at what it was. The old man also stopped and looked. He made eye contact with her before saying, “you should go. We’ve got this.”

“Are you sure?” she asked as he took the box off her.

“Yeah go on and see what that is?” he urged her.

She nodded before heading off after it.

[Investigate Commotion]
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/01/2020 7:57 PM

Morgana curiously wandered the streets in search for the chaos. She wasn't sure why she had gone along with the pair of scientists but she was too curious to pass this up. She slowly made it through the crowds searching for what they had described. She walked up to two individuals, “hey sorry to bother you all but have you seen a large black lizard?”

The two people looked at her like she was crazy before they slowly shook their heads no. She gave them an apologetic smile before she moved away from them.

Her phone rang again for the second time that day.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/01/2020 7:57 PM

She didn't know very many that knew her phone number so she wasn’t surprised when she checked and it was Kevlar again. She clicked the answer button and held it to her ear, “two calls in one day? I feel honored.”

“Yeah I had a free second and I curiosity got the best of me. How’s the parade?” she asked through the speaker.

“Give me a second,” she held her hand to the speaker as she asked someone else on the street about the chaos.
The person looked a little shocked that someone else had seen something, “yeah a lizard. It was mostly black with flecks of gold all over it.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/01/2020 7:58 PM

They pointed in a direction that they had seen it go and she thanked them before heading off in that direction.

Kevlar asked through the phone, “what have you gotten yourself into Morgana?”

Searching around she chuckled, “it's sort of been a weird day. I almost joined in the parade but now I’m searching for a lizard. Well that's not what it's called but anyways…” She trailed off as she thought she saw something. Taking a closer look she realized it was just a clump of electrical cords. Her shoulders slumped a bit in defeat. She wasn’t sure how the scientist expected to find it out in these crowds.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/01/2020 7:58 PM

Her attention was brought back to the phone when Kevlar said, “I hope you know I was only joking when I told you that you always get into trouble but you are making it more of just a simple fact than a joke.”

“I’m not getting into trouble. I was just a little bit curious and I’m helping some scientist,” she heard the small scoff of disbelief over the phone. “Yeah real scientists Kevlar. I mean they looked a bit odd but I believe them,” she shrugged.

“I can’t believe I’m saying this but I kind of wish I was there,” Kevlar said.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/01/2020 7:59 PM

Morgana kept moving around. She looked all through the vendor stalls before coming to the conclusion that she wasn’t going to be able to find the thing. “Maybe this was a big waste of time. I really thought something interesting was going to happen. To think I passed up being in the performance for this,” she complained to Kevlar who had stayed on the phone with her.

“I’m sorry. At least you didn’t cause a disaster by accident like you normally do?” she mentioned trying to cheer her up.

“Not helping. I am going to go back to the performance. I wanna watch it,” she said as she made her way back over to it.

[Head into the crowd and look for people who appear suspicious]
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Next