Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: When the Compass Points to Trouble [Event]

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/14/2020 11:23 PM

Morgana walked back up to the main event to see the performance. Pushing through the crowd she heard gasps. “Oh wow,” she said when she saw what people were focusing on.

“What is it?” Kevlar asked over the phone.

“Oh it’s just this performer on stage. His costume is really amazing,” she answered. Taking a longer look she took note of its black and gold scales. It was very much a lizard that was standing on two feet. Could this be the chaos that she had been tasked to look for. “Oh no,” the tone of her voice changed from before.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1248
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/14/2020 11:24 PM

“I don’t think that is a costume. I think that's the lizard I’m supposed to be looking for. They told me it was highly dangerous and it's just up on stage,” Morgana explained to her friend.

“Ah jeez, Morgana don’t go doing something reckless. I don’t want you to end up dead,” she said as Morgana watched as a bunch of city guards started to circulate the area.

The lizard spotted them too because it promptly jumped off the stage and started to make a dash through the crowds. One of the guards got the attention of the crowd and warned people of the dangerous chaos.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

“I’m going to help the guards evacuate the crowds. As much as I would love to run after the thing I think the mass amounts of people around are a bigger priority,” she kept Kevlar informed as she started to usher concerned citizens towards exits that the lizard hadn’t darted to.

“Just be careful. I know how terrified crowds can act. Like a stampede of wild buffalo. I don’t want you getting trampled by people just because you want to be nice,” she said.

“Kevlar there is a tone of scared children. I am not going to leave when I can help. Don’t make me mad or I’ll hang up on you,” she spoke into the phone as she used her free hand to guide people.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

One of the guards caught her off guard by grabbing her arm, “hey are you helping?”

“Uh yeah should I not be?” she looked at him confused. Wasn’t there more important things that they should be focusing on besides her. It wasn’t like she was getting the way.

“No you're fine but do mind helping us try and corner the thing. We can’t let it get away,” he asked her.

“Oh,” that wasn’t what she thought he would say to her. She didn’t normally have any good run-ins with the city guards. Normally it was her that they were chasing.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

“Are you in trouble?” she could hear Kevlar ask through the phone but she ignored her friend as she addressed the guard.

“Of course I can help. I had already been asked if I could spot it before it made an appearance on stage,” she offered her help.

He nodded his thanks before he hurried off to assist in his job. She put the phone back to her ear to hear Kelvar yelling at her, “calm down, the guard just asked me for my help.”

“If he wants to get mad at you I will hunt him down,” Kevlar rambled on not listening to her friend.

[- Evacuate
- Offer to help the guards chase the lizard]
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous