Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: Gilded Facade [Self]

Postby FrostWynd » 06/14/2020 10:07 PM

With what time was still left, the three would begin making their ways towards the part of the tent where the dressing rooms were at. Along the way, Millie's thoughts were remaining focused on what all needed to be done, and even adjusted, to the upcoming performance. But that would soon become harder to do when it seemed like the man she was teaming up with had felt like engaging in conversation... A curious look in those orange eyes.

"So... what did convince you to agree with teaming up? It was my idea and all, but... It would've also made sense for you to listen to your dad and say no." Millie would direct her eyes up at him, but... the answer to that would come with a sigh escaping her lips. "Yeah, that is true... but, you know how it is, tradition and all. It's always about tradition." Really, they didn't have time to be talking about her own stuff, but the stress of it all had been building up tremendously the last few weeks, that she couldn't help it when the words just came right out of her mouth. "It's something my family's been doing for a long time, and now I'm the lucky one that gets to continue it... I just... had no other option, because of how important it is." For some reason she started looking downcast about it, but would quickly be replaced with a smirk. "If it weren't for your idea, I would've been in heaps of trouble, no doubt. So thanks for that."

Oh Raven won't you sing me a happy song

You don't want me to stay alone
That's why you gotta sing your song
You keep tapping at my door
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore
But can I ask you something
A favor from you my friend
This song you keep singin'

Zoo PenImp. DocsWishlistJournal
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1692
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 06/14/2020 10:35 PM

When she left it with that, Millie did want to see if she could catch him off guard or something, but... well, something in his eyes did seem to change like she anticipated, however it was in a way that she couldn't seem to figure out what it may have meant. Auberon didn't appear all that surprised. "I see..." Was all she'd manage to get in response.

Then she would remember something, and things moved on from there as her mind returned to its original track. "Oh, right! But before we deal with the costume, I think we should work on the dance first. Otherwise we may not have enough time to get it right." It was a smidge off track from why they were going to the dressing room, but if he did indeed have something prepared already, then she thought maybe they could put more of their limited and valuable time on the actual performing instead.

With the rather rushed plan in mind, the pair did start discussing things pertaining to the performance, and engaging in a bit of practice after they'd reached the rooms. Time would move much faster than Millie wanted though, and it wasn't long before it would be their turn on the stage.

Just before that, Millie's father would return after getting the initial setting up done, and promptly dragged her off to a room to get changed into costume. She'd gotten so caught up in the practicing, she'd forgotten about seeing Auberon's costume...

Right up until it had come face-to-face with her.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 06/14/2020 11:24 PM

"Pretty convincing, huh?"[i] she'd hear it say, as she found herself staring right into those three pairs of similarly orange colored eyes set onto the dark head that had nosed it's way through the door a moment ago. Convincing seemed like quite the understatement here! When he said he had a costume, this certainly wasn't what she'd expected, and there was something about it that looked almost [i]too real. The way it moved, how it blinked down at her, and even the skin was super detailed... Soon she became filled with a curiosity of her own as she got closer and slowly raised a hand up towards the head. "May I...?" She'd ask, holding her hand just inches away from the rough surface. "Sure... though watch out for the paint." The still familiar enough voice replied, lowering the body down so she could get a better look at the dragon's snout.

Whatever he had done with it seemed super elaborate, if this were all just the efforts of decoration to make a realistic costume. Though the paint dripping everywhere seemed odd, like a last minute detail of sorts. Her's on the other hand seemed simpler, but far more elegant with the long white lace gown that was lightly adorned with gold stitching and hanging threads, a headband with cords draping down the back of her head decorated with beads and feathers, and finally the staff that was made to appear golden with white crystals set on either end.

Just as she was starting to take in more of the details, and in turn her initial doubts growing further, it was already time for them to get up on stage...

From there, it would become a whirlwind of events as the pair began their dancing. Starting off strongly without too much trouble, as the Dragon, despite how large he was, actually managed to do his part fairly well. Millie would also be doing her best as well, and followed all the timings and rhythm precisely with well practiced movement and spins and some added flourish in the effort to wow not only the crowd, but also the judges.

Once they were reaching the halfway mark on their performance, Millie would be somewhat thrown off by the sound of her partner's voice inside her head, but kept going as he started explaining something that... didn't make a whole lot of sense.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 06/14/2020 11:36 PM

The man on stage with her right now was not really a man? He was actually a Chaos the entire time? And there were Seraph after him right this very moment? What in the world was he doing then, performing where they along with everyone else could see him? Even with the temptations involved, it still wasn't a very smart idea no matter how you looked at it!

Millie hadn't really thought that either race was even actually real before, as they seemed more like myths that didn't exist, but... this right here was supposedly one of them? One could imagine how difficult it was for her to believe it at first. But the idea would begin to solidify as truth once the commotion began after he'd stopped performing, and the music got cut off earlier than it should have.

That was when she was left with a difficult choice to be made.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 06/14/2020 11:59 PM

Should she help him, or leave him to his fate?

With just the stories alone that she could only vaguely recall, they were known to be evil creatures, were they not? And if the Seraph were targeting him, how was a teenager like her supposed to be of any help against beings as powerful as them? Would she not be risking her life too, if she helped him?

Her hands clutched the staff tightly with uncertainty in the face of the danger involved. All the while, confusion in the crowd was growing rapidly as they were being directed to either evacuate or take up arms against the dangerous beast currently up on stage.

But even now he didn't seem dangerous whatsoever to her...

She's cast her green gaze up to stare into his six, and she had a rather serious look on her face. "You helped me to make this performance happen. Even if this commotion means I may not win after all, I still have to repay you for that. And... I did have fun talking to and dancing with you." Their meeting may have been a short one, but it was enough for Millie to think he wasn't as bad as those people were making him out to be.

But now they needed to get the heck out of here, and fast. Leaving no time for any further mushiness to possibly develop, the girl turned towards the back of the stage and cupped her mouth. "Aare! Dad!" She'd call out. "We need to get out of here! Auberon... Sorry, Aurudantte, is coming with us!"

There were not all that many exits with this tent, or that she was aware of at least, but it could become very problematic if the Seraph had also surrounded the place beforehand and they were to have the misfortune of running into them by seeking those out. "Are you up for ripping down some walls?" She'd ask him suddenly. Her mind turning to the sharp claws that Aurudantte had the fortune to be equipped with in that form. Tents were pretty flimsy in the material department, so she felt sure that they could make their escape if he were to tear down a new opening for them to escape through. But first they'd have to make their way across the tent.

Help the Chaos escape Seraphim pursuers

FrostWynd