Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Golden Thread for a Golden Boy [Self] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/31/2020 10:35 PM

There was only really one reason that Blayze had requested some time off from his usual work and duties. He wanted to attend the Golden Thread Festival, and get his hands on some of that lovely golden thread.

Adair liked white things and golden things, so, of course, the beautifully blond haired Treasure Roosken man that Blayze had his eyes on deserved some golden thread.

Though, in the end, he was sent ahead to Aldrect, to the festival, for work, anyway.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Re: Golden Thread for a Golden Boy [Self] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/31/2020 10:36 PM

Technically, it was work.

Just as he often looked into the events going on in the outside world, Emilia had been kind enough to consider his trip to the festival as that, and grant him the day off in such a way.

It made it that much better, since it meant that Blayze could then claim that they had work to do outside, and that would make it so that Adair would have to attend the festival with him.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/31/2020 10:39 PM

They were partners, after all, when it came to their work tasks, and so when Emilia declared it work, they would be sent together. She already knew that Adair likely would not have that much interest in attending, but she supported Blayze, and was definitely supporting his endeavors to woo the other man.

To her, it was all too obvious that Adair was actually fond of the other man, but he was just not yet willing to admit it, so she was fine with nudging him in the right direction.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/31/2020 10:52 PM

But when Blayze had asked Adair to come with him to the festival, things did not go as well as he had hoped, even with Emilia's efforts to help. "Hey~" he had greeted the other man with his usual cheer when he slipped in through the doorway, but the blond didn't even look up from the paperwork scattered across his desk within his office. "So, the Golden Thread Festival. Scoping it out is our task today. Emilia's orders."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/31/2020 10:54 PM

There was a long moment of silence, before Adair opened his mouth to speak, "Not interested." He still didn't even look up when he gave his response.

"But, it's for work," Blayze tried to reiterate.

"You mean you wanted to go to the festival, again, so you talked Emilia into sending the two of us today, in the name of work, correct? In that case, I am most certainly not interested. I have real work to do here."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/31/2020 10:57 PM

It had been the first time that Adair had really turned him down. If it wasn't something actually assigned to them, sure, he had been able to turn Blayze down before, but for it to happen this way, it was a first. The Blaze Roosken man wasn't entirely sure what to say or to do. So he found himself uttering, "You wont come with me?"

Adair sighed. "No, I wont."

"But..." he tried to think of some way to protest it.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/31/2020 11:00 PM

"What about Emilia?" Blayze finally managed to grasp at an actual thought.

"If you're worried about what she might say to you, there is no need for you to worry. I'll go and tell her myself that I declined the request, myself." Adair answered, in what seemed to be an effortless manner. His silvery eyes still never met with those of the other man's.

Since he was shut down so easily, there wasn't much Blayze could actually do about it.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/31/2020 11:05 PM

"I will... leave you to your work then," Blayze gave it up. "You seem busy."

It had been the very first time that the Blaze Roosken had given up so easily when it came to Adair. But he hadn't really been given any chance to argue, with the way Adair claimed that he would take responsibility for turning down Emilia's request.

For a brief moment, the red head had even reconsidered the trip. Maybe he wouldn't attend the festival, after all.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/31/2020 11:10 PM

The possibility of going without Adair seemed much less enjoyable than going with him, but then Blayze remembered that, regardless, he wanted to get his hands on some of that golden thread that would, undoubtedly, be sold at the festival. Even if Adair did not want to attend the festival, Blayze still wanted to bring home some of the thread for him. And maybe, just maybe, he would be able to tie the two of them together with it.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/31/2020 11:20 PM

Blayze arrived at the festival alone, but with his head held high as he navigated through the already gathered crowd of folks. Honestly, he loved these sorts of things. Festivals, celebrations, they were his thing. So many wonderful sights to behold. He took it all in while he began to browse the many different stalls selling a variety of goods.

Of course he was quick to pick up an entire spool of golden thread, completing the task he had set out to do. But, in deciding how else to spend his time at the festival, the man heard about the parade, and the competition that lead up to it. It sounded... amusing.

So, without putting much thought into it, he went to sign up.

[JOIN THE CONTEST]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate