Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Gathering Forces[P:SpringsSong&I][M:L,V]

Postby Kylo » 12/28/2020 9:18 PM

Image Image
(Temporary forms)
(Fahx)|(Toma)

To say he was bored was an understatement. Fahx had zero idea why he and Toma, of all people, had been invited to this meeting. They were supposed to be "neutral parties" or whatever that meant. Toma seemed interested in it though so Fahx was forced to play along. Pretend he wasn't bored out of his skull.

Why the Republic thought two mercenaries were good for this he didn't have a clue. Maybe they thought with the two of them being slightly force sensitive they could glean information from this supposed Sith Lady that was meant to show up. Or maybe it was the Jedi Council's way of trying to finally be rid of him. That was likely. They Jedi didn't really care for him and Toma, er, well, mostly him, but that didn't mean they should send them to play baby sitter to some Sith and Jedi meeting.

Fahx sighed and leaned back in his seat as he waited for the esteemed guests to arrive. Toma shot him a sly, knowing smile before standing up and elbowing Fahx to do the same.

So they were finally here, their guests.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Re: Gathering Forces[P:SpringsSong&I][M:L,V]

Postby SpringsSong » 12/28/2020 9:32 PM

ImageImage
Lana. Xyshari.

Normally, Xyshari detested being sent on diplomatic assignments. She much preferred being out in the field, fighting against the droid armies of the Separatists and working alongside the battalion of clones she'd been assigned to. However, at one point or another, the Cathar must have proven to be a skilled negotiator (though she protested that none could rival Master Kenobi).

Then, the Republic agent handling the defection process for the Sith that had been in extensive sessions with Master Yoda had come to her, with the file for said Sith in hand.

"Theron Shan," he'd introduced himself as. "We need verification that this woman is doing what she says she's doing." Xyshari had leveled a glare at him and asked if the fact that the master of the order was personally overseeing her wasn't good enough, and he had responded that, quite frankly, it wasn't - many in his department didn't trust the Jedi, or any Force user, for that matter.

So his brilliant idea to see if this Sith - Lana Beniko, her file said her name was - was serious about defecting was to take her to a minor negotiation and see if she attempted to contact anyone once the meeting was over... or if any agents from the separatists came to attempt to make contact with her. Xyshari didn't care for the tactic - she had sensed the woman's intentions, and she had not been able to sense any deception - but part of her could understand how the woman's vibrant, yellow-orange eyes would be unsettling to most.

"We're nearly there, Lana," Xyshari said as the woman, clad in a green-and-black ensemble, came onto the bridge. "We'll be going down to the planet in my starfighter - she's designed for two, though normally my former Padawan would take the second seat."

"Very well," Lana said, offering a bow of her head. "I will meet you in the hangar," she said, turning and heading in that direction. The flight down to the planet had been uneventful, and they had arrived at the site for the negotiations without incident.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/28/2020 9:53 PM

Toma smiled politely at the two women as they approached and bowed respectfully to them both. Fahx eked out a half smile and bowed stiffly as well, not to be rude but because he found the custom to be, well, odd.

"I trust you both arrived here without any incident?" Toma asked as he lead them to their seats.

"They better have," Fahx muttered as he waited for them to sit before takign his own seat. "Last thing we need is an incident."

Toma smiled again as he took his seat and spread his hands openly in front of him.

"My name is Toma and this is my partner, Fahx. We are here to serve as neutral observers. If you have any questions for us or need anything feel free to ask us."

Fahx went to open his mouth but Toma elbowed him before he could get a word out. Fahx frowned but quickly changed it to a somewhat more pleasant smile.

"After the both of you finish your talks, I'll have questions for the both of you. To be entirely honest here, I don't really care what happens either way. Just know if any fighting breaks out we will intervene. And trust me you don't want that," he said before Toma could stop him.

Toma winced at his partner's comment before continuing.

"What Fahx means is we hope things can be settled here in a peaceful and constructive manner. We are admittedly curious about the CIS and Republic both and do have some questions regarding them to be asked after the meeting between the two of you is adjourned."

He smiles and opens up his datapad.

"So if everyone is ready, you may begin."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/28/2020 10:47 PM

Xyshari's bow was a little more fluid than Lana's, who was rigid. Xyshari had noticed that the woman's demeanor had changed as soon as they had arrived at the venue from one that was starting to open up to more than just the wizened old Yoda (and occasionally, the stern and stoic Master Windu) to a woman who meant business.

"Yes, we arrived without incident, thank you," Xyshari said, offering a warm smile, though the smile flashed her incisors. Before she could say anything else, a silver and purple droid rolled up behind the women, offering a few beeps and whistles in greeting. "...and this is my astromech, W4-K2. She'll be recording the meeting - not my idea, unfortunately," she said, glancing back at Lana.

"Yes, orders from my... 'handler', as it were," Lana said, rubbing the back of her neck. "They want anything of mine off of Coruscant documented until they can verify that I am genuine about... well, everything," she said. "I am Lana Beniko," she offered after a moment, straightening her posture.

"And I am Xyshari Runok," she said, shifting her position slightly so that her robe would shift to reveal an elegantly-crafted lightsaber kept at her hip. Both she and Lana moved to their seats and sat down, and once Toma said that, if everyone was ready, they could begin, she folded her hands in front of her on the table and cleared her throat.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/28/2020 11:05 PM

It wasn't very long before the talks were over, much to Fahx's surprise. Apparently this wasn't going to be like every other meeting he'd been in that dragged on forever until he either went stir crazy or started bothering Toma mentally.

"So, Lana, why defect? I gotta know."

Toma coughed and nudged Fahx. Fahx ignored him and continued on.

"I mean the Republic isn't a prize either right now. The whole business with the clones...makes me sick to be honest. If you ask me they're using them like slaves."

Toma stepped on Fahx's foot and he yelped.

"Please excuse my partner. He doesn't always know how to be...civil."

Fahx rubbed his foot and shot a glare at Toma.

"I'm sure you have a very good reason for defecting, and honestly while it is none of our business, and I'm sure you've already talked it to death at this point, I must admit I am curious as well. If you're not comfortable answering, I understand. Leaving what one knows is hard."

"Yeah, especially when it pisses off other Sith."

"Fahx."

"Anyway! I got another question." He leans over the table towards her and Xyshari. "Why is the council wasting our time here when we could be fighting? I don't see the point of going over this batha poodoo recounts of the past over and over. Just shove everyone out into the field already. Too many men dying while we waste our time here. So, Xyshari, can you tell your council to get its collective poodoo together so we can end this farce of a war?"

"Fahx, please for the love of the Force, stop asking questions," Toma thought angrily towards him.

"Not until I find out why they thought this was a good idea."

"This whole meeting was a waste. It wasted all of our time and energy."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/29/2020 9:56 AM

Lana blinked at the bluntness of Fahx's question. She offered a nod to the Chiss as he apologized for Fahx's question - or how it was worded, at least. Xyshari cleared her throat slightly.

"I really don't think it's necessary to--" the Cathar began to say, but Lana put up a hand and offered a small smile.

"It's all right," she said. "Quite simply, while the Republic is no 'prize', as you put it, it is better than constantly looking over my shoulder, expecting to be betrayed simply for living. Neither system is perfect, admittedly, but I feel as though the Republic at least has a chance at making life better in the galaxy. Admittedly, some of the higher-ups have expressed their... unreserved doubts at my sincerity," she said, maintaining eye contact with both of them. Meanwhile, Xyshari listened to Fahx's question and offered a weary sigh.

"The Council is holding out hope that there is a chance that we can still negotiate some sort of peace, as are several Senators. After all, the Jedi are keepers of the peace, not soldiers - at least, that is what many would have you believe," Xyshari said. "If I had more say, I would try to push for more urgency towards the end of the war, but I am not yet a Master, or even a general - I'm merely a Knight," she said. "For what it is worth, I have no idea why you were sent to this meeting, other than perhaps the Senate thinks the Jedi incapable of handling things on their own?"

"It's probably because of me," Lana said. Xyshari shot her a confused look, canting her head to the side slightly. Lana continued, "It would not surprise me if Dooku has been ordered to... deal with me, since I defected. After all, who knows what information I might have told whoever I told? To him and his master, I am clearly a liability - and what better place to do that then a place where I am going to be with only a few other people, where they could twist the narrative to fit their needs?" She offered a slight shrug. "My pragmatism aside, the color of my eyes will always have people looking over their shoulders at me when I walk past. I've accepted that," she said.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 01/14/2022 3:10 PM

Fahx hummed in approval of Lana's explanation. He could understand not wanting a vibroblade to the back. Toma understood even better. Being a force sensitive Chiss was not easy given his culture's opinion of deviance from the norm.

"I may not understand your exact situation, but I can understand leaving a toxic culture," Toma said.

Fahx nodded and looked at Xyshari.

"So, jedi, what's the plan from here?"

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/14/2022 4:07 PM

"I've heard things about the Chiss and how they... detest anything that is a deviance from the norm," Lana said, folding her arms slightly as she offered a soft hum after she spoke. She shifted her gaze to Xyshari as Fahx addressed her again. Xyshari offered a sigh as she looked to her astromech, first, then to Lana, and then, back to the pair.

"The plan from here... well, we can't do anything until certain parties have been satisfied," she said, offering a sympathetic look to Lana. "Once those reports have been submitted, I suppose it's a matter of seeing where we're needed."

"Where you're needed, you mean," Lana said. "Regardless of my behavior, or your vouching for me, they're far more likely to order me back to Coruscant where they can watch me like a hawkbat, rather than risk any additional assets in the field."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 01/15/2022 10:51 AM

Toma's lips twitched into a slight smile at Lana's support for a split second before returning to neutral.

He listened intently to Xyshari, making mental note of her demeanor. She seemed to be troubled by their situation more than her words implied.

His attention snapped to Lana again as she explained that she would most likely have to return to Coruscant.

The two seemed connected to each other more than they let on but he would hold onto that observation for the time being and keep it to himself.

Fahx piped up then, "So let's satisfy those parties then. There's too much to do to waste time."

Direct to the point as always. Toma sighed internally at his partner's behavior. He was never going to learn how to negotiate properly at this rate.

He supposed that was why they brought him too. Though knowing Fahx there was no way they'd leave him to his own devices after the incident.

Before Fahx continued, Toma felt a twinge of something being off.

"I think we should check the security now," he thought to Fahx.

Fahx got up and stretched.

"I gotta piss something terrible. I'll be back."

He then slipped out of the room. Something was off but he couldn't place his finger on the exact feeling. Regardless he would find out what it is soon enough.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/15/2022 11:01 AM

"I apologize for the inconvenience," Xyshari said, offering a bow of her head. "This shouldn't take more than a few minutes, and then we'll know what we're going to be doing," she said, and Lana nodded in agreement.

"Regardless, if this is where we are to part ways, it was a pleasure to meet you both," Lana said before Fahx stood up and announced that he needed to excuse himself, in slightly less indelicate terms. She and Xyshari exchanged looks with each other, but shook their heads after a moment.

"Is there a room where I can set up a private holocall? That would be quicker than going all the way back to the ship we came in on, especially if they actually don't demand Lana return to Coruscant," Xyshari asked.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 01/15/2022 11:13 AM

Toma nodded at Xyshari and stood up to lead them to a safe room.

"If you'll follow me I can take you to a secure room."

Elsewhere Fahx was sniffing the air and scouting the area. The closer he got towards the Jedi's ship the stronger the feeling became and he soon recognized it as unease.

He sniffed some more and caught a wife of an unfamiliar smell. Human to be sure but not one he recognized.  He frowned and carefully snuck toward the ship, looking to see if anyone was there. When he found no one he sniffed around the ship. The scent was close. He just had to find the source.

Back to Toma he lead the two women to the room and ushered them in.

"I'll be waiting just outside."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/15/2022 11:43 AM

"Sadis - er, thank you," Xyshari said, bowing her head as she said this to Toma. She and Lana disappeared into the room with her astromech. Once the door was closed, Xyshari looked down at her astromech and nodded. "You know the protocol, Kaytoo. Put us through to Agent Shan," she said. The astromech beeped and whirred in response, and within a couple of minutes, the holoimage of a young man appeared before them.

Theron Shan.

"Ah - was wondering when I'd get your call. Everything going all right?" Theron asked. Xyshari offered a bow of her head.

"As well as can be expected," Xyshari said. Theron looked around the room, clearly trying to spot Lana - who was standing in a corner of the room where Theron could not see her.

"And our defecting friend? Any behavior out of the ordinary? Slipping away for any reason?" he asked. Xyshari's expression turned hard after a moment.

"I won't waste my breath explaining how I'm certain she won't do anything of the sort, but she's done nothing of the sort - and I've kept an eye on her. She knows that straying too far from whoever she's been assigned to would invite more trouble for herself than anything," Xyshari said.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 01/18/2022 3:16 PM

Toma nodded and waited outside the door patiently. He was used to standing guard at this point. It would give him an opportunity to communicate with Fahx.

In the hanger, Fahx frowned as he quickly discovered no one was on board the ship. He still felt the ship was the epicenter of the problem though. He sniffed around and found a small dent in a plate on the ship. He took out a knife from his pocket and fiddled with the plate until it popped off and then dug his fingers in the guts of the ship. The force guided his hand and he soon found what he suspected. A tracker lodged tightly within.

He plucked the device out and pocketed it before comming Toma.

"Someone put a tracker on the Jedi's ship. Shut down the place and let's find the source."

Toma gave an affirmative and sighed after he cut his comm. Of course things had to get interesting.

He sent a comm to Xyshari  detailing Fahx's discovery. Hopefully things could be resolved smoothly.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/18/2022 3:27 PM

"Still. The brass are concerned that--" Theron began, but Xyshari held up a hand as her comm went off, and listened to what Toma had to say.

"Oh, vlo shar'viri," Xyshari cursed, causing both Theron and Lana to wince slightly, taken aback by the harsh Catharese phrase that was practically spat, despite not understanding the exact words. The intent was pretty clear, however. "Gonna have to cut this short, Agent Shan. Some rtvih'ri thought it was a good idea to put a tracker on my ship," she said, cutting off the comm before Theron could respond. Lana's face paled considerably.

"A tracker? For what purpose?" Lana asked, though she was relatively certain she had a few ideas.

"At a guess? To be able to locate the ship we arrived here on, follow us, and then attack us while we're in space, far away from any help," Xyshari said, moving to open the door.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 01/18/2022 3:48 PM

Fahx made his way back towards the meeting room as he handed out orders via comm. The place needed to go on lock down, like yesterday. He was intercepted by a comm from Toma instructing him to meet them at the private room.

He hurried his way over as Toma moved out of the way when Xyshari opened the door.

"Hey, I got it off the ship. Think we can run a backwards trace on it?" Fahx asked as he fished the device out of his pocket.

"I could smell a human scent on it, not anyone I recognize. Can you make anything of it?"

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer