Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Loving Mothers, Wicked Daughters [Self]

Postby Celtic » 01/03/2021 12:53 AM

[hello welcome to my bridgerton inspired rp. this is lightly inspired by the show and is generally bad, please read at your own risk. thank you]

ImageImage
Kizi - C0C0C0 // Tianha - FFBF00

"What're the chances dearest Mama would allow me to marry you instead of one of these awful suitors?" Tianha asked the tattoo'd woman lounging in the chair next to her bed.

"Mmm, that's if I'd agree to marry you my dear and my heart is currently occupied."

"More like your nether regions are taken. I'm not sure your heart is even beating" She rolled over on her bed, groaning.

"Jealous, much?" A knock came at the door, and one of the ladies waiting called in for Tia. "And that is my cue to scuttle off" She hiked up her skirts, revealing pant style underwear and opened the window to climb out.

"You could seriously use the front door you know. Mama has gotten over our scandalous friendship." Kizi just made a pouty face at her and continued her exit.

The maid opened the door to see Kizi closing the window after her and huffed at the sight. "I certainly hope she was not here all night! That is highly inappropriate." Tia rolled back over to look directly at the stout woman.

"I assure you, she did not stay the night. Just came in for some morning gossip. Nothing scandalous here, Hannah." Unable to help herself, she winked at the maid earning herself another disapproving huff.

"Alright. Well it is past time for you to be up and ready and your mother would like to go on a Promenade this morning. We mustn't be late, all the lords will already be there."

"Uuuuuuuuuuuuugh, please no. Can't I be ill?"

"My lady, you have been ill for the past three days. A fourth would be quite serious indeed and then you'll attract visitors to the home inquiring on your health. I suspect you'd hate that even more, hmm?"

"You're right, as always. Which torture chamber shall I subject myself to today?"

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Re: Loving Mothers, Wicked Daughters [Self]

Postby Celtic » 01/03/2021 1:09 AM

The two ladies in their finery walked slowly down the paved way, grasses on either side of them. Some of the men were on horseback, showing off their prowess in the saddle, while others were playing games or having picnics in the grass. The whole ton was here it seemed, and laughter and chatter was in no short supply.

Tia grunted uncomfortably, adjusting the golden frock she was squeezed into prior to this lovely walk out in the city. She wasn't sure why everyone seemed to love doing this, it was hot, uncomfortable and awful breathing in this contraption normally, let alone while performing physical activity. Her mother chuckled at her struggles before tapping her with her walking cane. "You need to stand taller dear, it'll help the breathing."

"I'm not sure I can't stand any taller... Or shorter for that matter. This corset is a prison." Tia spoke through a smile, leaning closer to her mother's ear before attempting to straighten out her back and stand 'taller.' Much to her dismay, her mother was right. She'd apparently been slouching, making the corset pinch into her.

"Dear look, over that way. Some of the fine young lords are waiting for a good morsel to pounce on."

"Mama, you really don't make it sound appealing when you put it that way. Why every would I want to pounced on?"

"Well it's the only way they'll ever catch you and dear Yepha I want you in a house of your own!"

"Oh do you truly hate me so?" Tia batted her eyelashes at her mother, who simply shoved her slightly, before pulling her daughter closer and gasping.

"My dear you really must watch your step, are you feeling quite well? Maybe we ought sit down." She'd raised her voice, ensuring the neighboring menfolk would hear. Just as planned, they quickly came down upon the women, offering both mother and daughter arms to guide them to chairs and umbrellas.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Loving Mothers, Wicked Daughters [Self]

Postby Celtic » 01/03/2021 10:52 PM

Like a well-rehearsed play, Tia snapped open her fan and began to rapidly fan herself, breathing shallowly and whimpering slightly. The perfect picture of helplessness. What it must say of these men that the most appealing creature to them is weak and unable to care for themselves. If Kizi was here she'd be dying. Tia covered her face with the fan to mask her smile at the thought. Kizi would just thwack these idiots on the head and yell at Tia to get her ass off the ground. Instead, Tia made doe eyes to the one she knew to have the deepest pockets and said in her sweetest, high voice, "Oh my, I was feeling so unwell, thankfully you were there to catch me. Such a gentleman."

"Oh, I could never ignore a beautiful woman such as yourself." Tia just about retched. This small talk was always so tedious. It'd taken years of getting beat by her governess to control her facial experiences during these conversations.

"Oh, viscount you are too kind. You flatter me! Truly, I pale in comparison to my Mama, you must've been looking at her" She winked at her mother, who just waved her off and continued her light banter with the other men who were thoroughly dismayed that the viscount captured Tia's attention.

Tia continued talking with the viscount, but truth be told, it was nothing exciting. Some talk about the country, the viscount bragged about his horses and made a veiled comment about how lovely her breasts looked in that dress. She played the perfect lady, giggled at his jokes and made the correct conversation before pleading the heat and basically running away. Where did my mother get off to? Her stomach growled, begging for some morsel of food. The fruit platter this morning didn't last nearly long enough. Why didn't the boys have any food? They usually have food!

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate